RC Racer

2.2 wheel problem

Ordered some 2.2 rpm wheels for my jato and when installed they rub on the rear knuckles. I've had 2.2 wheels from traxxas and they just barely clear the rear knuckles but these rpm wheels actually rubbed so much it was grinding an indent in the wheel. Kinda disappointed in rpm bc of this, I really liked the wheels too. Anyway I took the dermal and grinded away...at a brand new wheel in order to remove contact between wheel and knuckle. Anyone else experience this?
    Hit me up if u live in or close to Philly!

RC Racer
    Was it rubbing on the blue set screw? It can be replaced with a M4 grub screw and should fix the problem.

Post some pics and we'll be better able to help.

Good luck!
    Justin

RC Racer
    I'm sorry it's called the hub not knuckle lol. The part that the turnbuckle connects too.

Get some of set hexes. Have em for 17mm, I assume for the smaller sizes too, basically spaces out the wheel a little, would that help? How bout sanding the part of the axle carrier where the wheel rubs
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Racer
    After further research I found out that the rear wheel for electric rustler and stampede althought the same hex requirement use a different wheel than the nitro models. I carefully looked at my wheels and noticed that the front which was specifically for nitro has a lot wider offset than my rear electric wheels. They are a tad different in design as well. Man U really have to read and research b4 u buy something so simple as wheels lol....thought it was a no brainer!

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillybasher215 View Post
    After further research I found out that the rear wheel for electric rustler and stampede althought the same hex requirement use a different wheel than the nitro models.
    Just so you know, the front electric wheels are the same as the rear nitro wheels.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle