RC Qualifier

Chassis extension for 3908 frame ? Can't stop wheeling

Anyone know where I could find something that would extend the fame just a bit? UE had the alumium extension part but they no longer have it instock and I would like to keep the same traxxas frame just because I like how it deflects and keep all the dirt,snow,water alway from all the components.

RC Racer
    have you tried a center diff and or lowering the torque using the castle link software?

RC Qualifier
    It all started when I put the CEN wheels on

RC Racer
    btw, awesome looking truck!!! I think the center diff will work as well as the TL fxn;
    I run mine on the goliath tires, i don't have those problems anymore

RC Qualifier
    Is the center diff strong enough ? I do have a strong low KV leopard motor.i really just much rather get a some sort of frame extension

RC Qualifier
    Cky what servo do you have on the truck

Lower it a little? See if you can get the suspension to work for you, kinda the reverse of anti-squat? No idea if it will work but maybe try.
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    Cky what servo do you have on the truck

Hitec HS-5625MG,cheap and powerful.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    Lower it a little? See if you can get the suspension to work for you, kinda the reverse of anti-squat? No idea if it will work but maybe try.

I think you are right.i need to soften up my suspennsion,sorta went overboard with the stiff springs,70 weight old and too many shock retainers.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cky View Post
    Is the center diff strong enough ? I do have a strong low KV leopard motor.i really just much rather get a some sort of frame extension
    Center diffs are extremely reliable, much more so than a transmission imo. They are putting them in all the truggies available on the market and even the 1/5 stuff running the huge brushless systems. It's held up great to this 1520

I agree though, your shocks could be a little too stiff and if that doesn't fix it a chassis extension would be an easier way to help correct the problem than going with a custom center diff option.