RC Racer

Talking Whos got the nicest revo build? post links.

Im running out of ideas for my revo 3.3 so want to see others beast builds and hopfully find some new stuff i haven't heard of for my truck.

Ide like to think i have a 90% full mod from cage , steel foc , new era mount and most other stuff done too
    My diffs are stock so are centre shafts , shocks , most plastics like gearbox cases shock mounts towers ect. But lots of upgrades plastics too like arms , skids , gaurds , wing , diff cases steering.

I love my revo mayb too much lol i know i spent 800uk on it so far but ive seen better ones around.

Ide really like a carbon chassis or atleast some how make my chassis a metalic red

i have the picco 26 trinity combo but im selling those to fund a 28 engine. Not for awhile tho as im stsrting a km baja t1000 build now.

But always looking out for new revo ideas ive had my revo nearly 3 years and only put about 5 tanks throgh it lol. driving rc here is boring but the time will come my rcs will bw perfect and thrashed hard.

I usially buy lots of tinker trucks service test them then sell them on that sorts out my little bashing need. but my revo is like my show peice rc or a ferrari under a cover until it needs a good run.

Im going to fit a *edit* engine first to ease 28 in then when its dead get an lrp28 or big red as i want all red alloy on it now. its silver , blue and red atm.

I had a build thread on here but seems old threads get deleted?
    Last edited by Double G; 11-16-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: banned brand name

RC Enthusiast
    Too bad nobodys posted there old/new build threads up. I remember in like 06-07 when i first signed up to this forum under a different user name, there were so many build threads. Alot of info were in all those. I have since gone through and tried searching from the date the revo forum was first started and have only found a couple. Hopefully someone will start chiming in. Otherwise im going to have to start one.

RC Champion
    Ya the revo thread has really slowed down, probably because truggies took over mt racing.

I switch to the Revo chassis at post 53. The truck is still in progress. Working on an steel geared 1/8 scale center diff to go in the tranny.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...e-Revo-E-build
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Competitor
    Yeah seems to me like the revo section doesn't have much going on. Atleast in the nitro section that is, i love nitro and just want it stay in the game. Its kinda sad that traxxas seems to have given up on the nitro vehicles.. I honestly don't think they ever plan on re engineering a nitro engine or even a larger cc. I know electric has proven to be faster but i just love nitro.

Personally my revo is basically stock but i have posted it on here as a build and have built it starting from a bare frame i bought on ebay for a dollar bran new. and now over time i've fully assembled it and got my .28 engine in it. its based on a truggy design. I love truggies but i also wanted a revo so bad !

RC Champion
    i have the best revo on the planet... LOL... to lazy to look for and post pics.. its been a while.
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    i have the best revo on the planet... LOL... to lazy to look for and post pics.. its been a while.

I say you find pics so we can be the judge of that...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterson70 View Post
    I say you find pics so we can be the judge of that...
    +1 lets see it.

RC Champion
    search the forum you will find many of my revos.. especially in the picture thread

RC Champion
    Since no one can post anything here's mine.

It has:
    Traxxas aluminum pushrods
    center diff/rear brake
    gtr shocks
    fantom pipe
    traxxas wing
    traxxas sway bars
    revo platinum tires/wheels
    red 17mm hubs
    traxxas extended rear arms
    revo platinum body

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

RC Champion

RC Champion
    That's a nice looking truck, but what's with the yellow crank case?lol

RC Champion
    just something different and yellow is my colour

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I use to have couple of nitro REVO's and I turn one into a REVO-E, best truck I've ever owned.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post

Ok, yeah you werent kidding! Lol. That is a pretty slick looking revo

RC Racer
    Here are pics of mine. Mods listed in my build thread, along with weights of most everything I could weigh.....lol.

Build thread: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-a-racing-revo

RC Champion
    Ok, yeah you werent kidding! Lol. That is a pretty slick looking revo

lol.. thanks man

RC Enthusiast
    Back in high school I was heavy in RC. I had a revo a nitro sport and a mugen truggy. My revo was the money pit lol. I will post some pics of the various stages of of the revo. When I was 18, I moved away to college and basically sold everything. Now im 23, graduated college and getting back into the hobby. Just ordered a new revo 3.3 yesterday. I think the biggest mistake was me putting a big block in the revo. I will keep you guys updated on my new project but probably wont go all out like i did before lol. But of course I think i HAD the best build.

sts .30

Back to 3.3 after all of that lol

Like I said, the revo was a money pit for me. I do have some parts i should be ordering today for my new revo, but wont go all out like i did before. Ill keep you guys posted

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Nice looking revo ^^. What wheels and tires were you running on the 2nd and 3rd to last pics you posted if you dont mind me asking.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice looking revo ^^. What wheels and tires were you running on the 2nd and 3rd to last pics you posted if you dont mind me asking.
    I believe they were just the half inch offset truggy wheels that proline offered at the time. Tires were bowties. I just went thru the painful process of looking for more like that but it seems proline doesnt really offer them anymore. Would have gone to VTRs but they dont have 1/2" offset. So i just ordered 1/2" offset lpr's and some hot bodies 3.8 tires. I know the lpr's are 3.7 some hopefully they fit without too much fuss

RC Competitor
    Mine isn't anything crazy.. I've only had it about 2 weeks though.

When I first got it.

Now

RC Competitor
    I love seeing some nicely done revo's !!!!!

I recently finished my revo.

The main goal was to make it look as close to a competition truggy as possible and i loved the Hot Bodies D8t 2012 bulldog so i tried to copy that paint scheme but i sort of went off track with it and did my own thing. Im not the best as paint but tried.

Personally even though there are mistakes i just love it to be honest. I really do think you could line this up with a whole row of competition truggies and it would fit in.

Last edited by thoughtless150; 11-23-2014 at 03:16 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    So ended up getting the Revo delivered last night. Had already a box of parts delivered from amain last firday.

First thing i did was pull the motor and all of the sensors and ez start crap off.

Then converted engine to bump start only with non pull start crank and 40 mm flywheel.

Thats all I got done last night. Tonight I will probably do throttle box conversion to xtreme racing mount. Then try and do tekno rx conversion. Still have forward only conversion to do also and have some foam inserts for my LPR wheels coming in tomorrow.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp123 View Post
    Mine isn't anything crazy.. I've only had it about 2 weeks though.

When I first got it.

Now

what kind of wheels do you have

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by relentlessrevo View Post
    what kind of wheels do you have
    Here's a link to them. Not quite sure on performance because I just got them.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=111530957270

RC poster
    I like your wheel/tire setup. im gonna get the same set. those tires kinda look like the talons which I have on my revo now. thanks again for the info

RC Enthusiast
    So ended up finishing my initial mods over the last week.
    Did forward only conversion, xtreme racing throttle mount, extended wheelbase rear arms, tekno rx convsersion. Wing mount with proline wing. I put hot bodies tires on LPR wheels with AKA racing inserts. Still running stock electronics right now. Might look to go to single steering and high speed throttle servo in the future. Now just have to fire this thing up.

RC Enthusiast

I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Racer
    Nice Revos.

RC Qualifier
    Pretty nice looking rigs

Makes me want to put some money into mine considering its just about stock.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...