RC Racer

Another soon to be new guy

Getting one of my boys a Stampede 4x4 vxl for Christmas, my other son wants a Rustler(I know different section) anyways should I go over this truck before we even run it and check all the fasteners and oil the bearings, also why not use some good waterproof grease instead of oil?
    I'm getting them the vehicles at Christmas then going to pickup a better charger and some 2s 5000 or higher bats for there birthdays next year
    Any recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated

RC Qualifier
    Only thing i'd check is the gear mesh, and maybe slipper adjustment. Other than that you should be good to go.

Good choice, the p4de. I bought a p4de and all the upgrades. I have a container with all the rpm and aluminum parts and big bore shocks. I was going to rebuild it before it saw any action. My free time is very limited and I decided to take it out prior to any upgrades. There is an atv trail close to where I work so I took it out there. Sandy trail, hills, bumps and some small ravines. I was blazing along the trail and smacked into a small stump at full speed. Knocked the stump out of the ground, backed up and kept going. Tried to jump the ravine and fell short. Smacked head on into the opposite side. Picture taking a jump and hitting a brick wall midway. Backed up and kept going. I decided to replace as it breaks instead of rebuilding but I may have wasted my money on all the upgrade parts. This thing is a beast out of the box.

checking the gear mesh is all you have to do unless you want to start upgrading it for durability now.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Racer
    Sounds great, I hated asking the question cause I've pretty much read everything I can read about them, thinking I'll replace things as needed

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yathump View Post
    Sounds great, I hated asking the question cause I've pretty much read everything I can read about them, thinking I'll replace things as needed
    Welcome to the fun. Ther is NO SHAME in asking questions thats why we are here. I have been in this over 2 years now and still ask questions.
    just a basher

RC Racer
    Yeah, thanks for that my boys already think they want some proline trenchers lol, thinking this will be a fun time with them tearing these apart for maintenance and checks
    Just gotta figure out what charger I want to get, would love together a duo but gotta figure cost into this cause my wife will want to kill me after I buy the pede and rusty but I have no doubt I want to go lipo

RC Champion
    GOTTA go lipo there is nothing like it.
    just a basher

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    GOTTA go lipo there is nothing like it.
    Ain't that the truth bro welcome to the forum and addiction my friend the stampede 4x4 is one tough little beast and can be made into so many different types of vehicles it's like a Swiss army knife.enjoy your new truck....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Just curious how good is the manual that comes with these things?
    Will a 2s 5000mah lipo give a 30 to 40 minute run time? I'm figuring if that's about it then I'll pickup up two so one can be charging while they play, plus it will give the motor time to cool
    Getting pretty excited myself, I'll be picking the stampede 4x4 and a rustler up on the sixth of December, my boys are scanning YouTube watching videos as much as they can LOL

The manual is spot on with part numbers and maintenance as well as clearly drawn diagrams on replacing parts if needed.A 2s lipo should be good for 25-30mins depending on how heavy you are with throttle and brakes.I would get 2 packs so you have plenty of run time.awesome choice of trucks dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!