Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I experienced the vibration when I was doing speedruns 60+mph (fyi stock driveshaft performed better lol) I heard this loud pitch noise almost like boat propeller but if your only bashing around I wouldn't worry about it.
    Oh guess no need to worry. He doesn't get it up that fast at least not yet. It'll do it only with my trigger finger though lol

Good info guys. ER33 gave me the head's up about the FLM cups and the other thread. Chalk that one to live and learn.As for the Big Bone,maybe I'll hold off on installing it and try it if(when) the stock one fails.Does anyone know what diff lube comes stock in the xo-1 diffs ?
    Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Does anyone know what diff lube comes stock in the xo-1 diffs ?
    Mario
    Front 100k, rear 30k.

Edit: rear 10k
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Front 100k, rear 30k.
    Thought it was 10/100 or 100/10 for the xo1.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Thought it was 10/100 or 100/10 for the xo1.
    What kind of performance would that give in the P4de ?

Gonna try to put Humpty Dumpty back together for christmas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Gonna try to put Humpty Dumpty back together for christmas.
    Now let the fun begin

What kind of performance would that give in the P4de ?
    I haven't ran a 10/100 in the diffs. Only 50/30 and now 60/100. The 100 in the rear I like, better traction. It doesn't walk around when doing wheelies meaning when I didnwheelies with 30k one side would grab then the other after so many back and fourth it'll tumble over if I didnt let off throttle soon enough. Now with 100k when both my boys and I race I'll start slow then throttle it get it to wheelie and ride it all the way

Now let the fun begin

I haven't ran a 10/100 in the diffs. Only 50/30 and now 60/100. The 100 in the rear I like, better traction. It doesn't walk around when doing wheelies meaning when I didnwheelies with 30k one side would grab then the other after so many back and fourth it'll tumble over if I didnt let off throttle soon enough. Now with 100k when both my boys and I race I'll start slow then throttle it get it to wheelie and ride it all the way
    You switched from heavier in front to heavier in the rear.With a 4x4,what are the effects of heavier front vs heavier rear ?

Thanks again BTW

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You switched from heavier in front to heavier in the rear.With a 4x4,what are the effects of heavier front vs heavier rear ?

Thanks again BTW
    I feel it's easier to control and has way better traction this way

Oh and are you gonna dye that new chassis before you to modifying to fit your motor

I feel it's easier to control and has way better traction this way

Oh and are you gonna dye that new chassis before you to modifying to fit your motor
    I hadn't planned on it,but now that the challenge has been issued,it's hard to back down !!LOL I want to build the second P4de for my son for christmas before the rise of GreenReaper, LOL.I have a week off at Christmas so I'll see if I can find some Rit Dye ?? Is there any other dye that you know that works ??

Mario

Walmart doesn't sell fit dye at my store location…...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I hadn't planned on it,but now that the challenge has been issued,it's hard to back down !!LOL I want to build the second P4de for my son for christmas before the rise of GreenReaper, LOL.I have a week off at Christmas so I'll see if I can find some Rit Dye ?? Is there any other dye that you know that works ??

Mario
    Nope haven't tried any other types of dye. I know there's that arts craft kind of dye but again haven't tried and really no one really mentioned to use that kind. I almost got it trying to find the rit dye till I asked where they keep it at. Laundry detergent isle I believe is where most walmarts keep them at.

That's cool your gonna build one for your son. I'm about to drop in my sidewinder 8 in my sons pede with a new 2650 motor. Lol I stole his mm2 esc and put it in my truck. The my other son he has a slash I don't need to do much to his he already has a 2650 motor d8 rear shocks I just need to get him some front shocks I need to dye his new chassis since I cracked his other one jumping my ramp I made landed on a bike peg so there's a crack in the battery compartment oops.

Nope haven't tried any other types of dye. I know there's that arts craft kind of dye but again haven't tried and really no one really mentioned to use that kind. I almost got it trying to find the rit dye till I asked where they keep it at. Laundry detergent isle I believe is where most walmarts keep them at.

That's cool your gonna build one for your son. I'm about to drop in my sidewinder 8 in my sons pede with a new 2650 motor. Lol I stole his mm2 esc and put it in my truck. The my other son he has a slash I don't need to do much to his he already has a 2650 motor d8 rear shocks I just need to get him some front shocks I need to dye his new chassis since I cracked his other one jumping my ramp I made landed on a bike peg so there's a crack in the battery compartment oops.
    Just ordered some online.Should have it before xmas.
    You guys must have some crazy bashing sessions with all that horsepower in the machines !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just ordered some online.Should have it before xmas.
    You guys must have some crazy bashing sessions with all that horsepower in the machines !!
    Lol yea we have lots of fun. My oldest (11) is into sports cars so he wants his truck fast. My 9 yr old says he wants to wait he wants more time with the stock system control wise

My son's P4de so far.

OK…..I hit a snag…. The 1.5mm grub screws on the MIP shafts are rusted and seized !!!!! I've got some penetrating oil on them now. Any ideas ?? Do I have to go car mechanic on them and use heat ?? I used blue thread lock on them.

Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    OK…..I hit a snag…. The 1.5mm grub screws on the MIP shafts are rusted and seized !!!!! I've got some penetrating oil on them now. Any ideas ?? Do I have to go car mechanic on them and use heat ?? I used blue thread lock on them.

Mario
    Heat wouldn't hurt. I'd use a solder iron

RC Racer
    ^^+1
    Or you could use a cigarette lighter as well... (but be carefull )

Grtz,

Degake

RC Racer

Mario
    My MIP grub screws were rusted and seized with blue thread locker. A heat gun worked to get most of them out, but a few of them I had to drill out because the hex stripped out. I don't like doing that because you could screw up the threads with the wrong size drill bit. But it worked, now I use E-revo axle pins because they are 2.0mm grubs and don't strip as easy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    +1 on stillsmokin875. Part number tra5145 is what I also use right there on the out drives instead of those little mm hex pins that comes with the axles

I used hpi ones part number 86094 and they have been bulletproof...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Thanks guys !! I ordered the Revo pins.I also picked up an extractor and a tap & die set on a great sale.....'been wanting one for a while. Do the Revo pins fit or do I have to drill and tap ?

Mario

They should just go straight in dude...peace

RC Racer
    Thanks guys !! I ordered the Revo pins.I also picked up an extractor and a tap & die set on a great sale.....'been wanting one for a while. Do the Revo pins fit or do I have to drill and tap ?

Mario
    They will fit just fine with original thread size. I quoted this from another post about this topic, its listed below.

"I had used HPI pins rather than using dual grub screws to secure my MIP shafts, but later decided to use beefier Traxxas pins (5145). The Traxxas pins were a little long, so you need to take some off of the end. Left is HPI, Middle is modified Traxxas, Right is unmodified Traxxas."

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...xle-yoke-today

Quote Originally Posted by stillsmokin875 View Post
    They will fit just fine with original thread size. I quoted this from another post about this topic, its listed below.

"I had used HPI pins rather than using dual grub screws to secure my MIP shafts, but later decided to use beefier Traxxas pins (5145). The Traxxas pins were a little long, so you need to take some off of the end. Left is HPI, Middle is modified Traxxas, Right is unmodified Traxxas."

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...xle-yoke-today
    Thanks friend !!

My son's p4de is almost complete.The servo will be in tomorrow.We'll get another body after xmas and paint it up together.

I started planning the layout for my p4de while I finish my son's.Gonna die the chassis black.

I welcome all comments and suggestions !!

Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lookin good. Now hard part figuring out where to put stuff at lol. If mounted mine in 2 different places first one

And now how I have it. My toys shroud fits better with my esc in this place so if you have one or plan on getting one this might be a better place

Also that steer servo you have there. Which one is it I can see its a savox. Is high torque high voltage

Thanks ! The servo is the SW-0231 mg.It is 208.3 oz/in at 6.0V. speed is .17 sec.It is waterproof.How did you mount the receiver box in the first pic ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks ! The servo is the SW-0231 mg.It is 208.3 oz/in at 6.0V. speed is .17 sec.It is waterproof.How did you mount the receiver box in the first pic ?
    You can see an aluminum plate under the esc in the second pic. It's an 1/8" thick by 2" flat plate I then cut it to size to fit. I then used black risers under it and drilled and tapped the plate to fit a4-4mm bolts from the bottom. And used double tape to mount the rx box to it.
    Did you by chance buy a glitch buster or an external bec for that servo

Yes,I bought a castle CC BEC.I'm trying to figure everything out again.I am guessing I should use the castle link to program the bed to 6.0 volts ?? Its default is 5.1.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep castle link is what you need. Did you get that lol. Looks like your on top of things. All is needed is installed work out the kinks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here's what I'm talking about.

I got the link.I haven't downloaded the software yet.It's free from castle I believe ??.I run a Mac at home.I'll have to borrow my work PC to configure the stuff.Nice job on the plate.I am using a J-Concepts chassis cover.I may have to trim that when I'm done.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep free it is. Hope you get it all installed soon

It may go to Xmas week.I am waiting for the rit dye,someone suggested I die the chassis black lol.thanks for all the help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol. Yea you'll like it better looking black. No problem with the help part.

It will set the truck off with the black chassis and the green parts😜...peace

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    It will set the truck off with the black chassis and the green parts��...peace
    Hey Spenn.I asked in another thread about boiling the OEM a-arms from traxxas,I should have PM'ed you.You say this will make them stronger ?? How long do you boil them ?

Hi mario I bring the water to the boil then put the new a arms in and then take the pan off and leave them in until the water is lukewarm and then they are ready for some punishment.it just lets them flex just a bit more than stock without sagging like I experienced with rpm...peace

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Hi mario I bring the water to the boil then put the new a arms in and then take the pan off and leave them in until the water is lukewarm and then they are ready for some punishment.it just lets them flex just a bit more than stock without sagging like I experienced with rpm...peace
    Do you do this just once ?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast