Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yeah and they have taken so heavy hits and come back for more...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Making sure everything fits.I decided to do the plate thing for the ESC that I saw in another post.I'll throw the lexan in with the dye when I do the chassis.Anybody dye Lexan ?? Does it work or Will it just be a mess ?

Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Making sure everything fits.I decided to do the plate thing for the ESC that I saw in another post.I'll throw the lexan in with the dye when I do the chassis.Anybody dye Lexan ?? Does it work or Will it just be a mess ?

Mario
    You could just paint it black

Yes I could ! I thought since I'm dying the chassis,I'd throw it in.I have some black Tamiya left from the body job...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes I could ! I thought since I'm dying the chassis,I'd throw it in.I have some black Tamiya left from the body job...
    Well you could always try it and see. If it works great if not we'll paint will cover it up lol. Btw everything is looking good on the build good job
    It's tear down time on both my sons trucks dying chassis and fitting a new 2650 in the youngest

I watched a few vids on dyeing.Do you live it simmer in the solution or do you turn the heat off when it has boiled and the chassis dipped in ?

RC Competitor
    It looks like you used plexiglass for the ESC plate, since it is relatively thick. Because it is a non-porous surface, I don't think it will take dye at all (maybe a little on the rough edges, but that's it). I tried to dye the white plastic body washers red to match my paint job, and they didn't take dye at all, even after leaving them in dye overnight....since they were not porous enough to absorb the dye. For what it is worth, I think your ESC plate would look better clear anyway, once the chassis is dyed black.

As for dying the chassis, I let mine simmer for about 15 minutes, suspended off the bottom of a turkey roasting pan. But I think that as long as you have the dye concentrated enough, it would also work fine if the heat were turned off when the chassis was inserted. I just let mine simmer for good measure, so that I would be sure it came out as dark black as possible.

Looks like you have a nice build going on. Congrats!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I watched a few vids on dyeing.Do you live it simmer in the solution or do you turn the heat off when it has boiled and the chassis dipped in ?
    With mine I turned the heat off. With both my sons I'm gonna let them simmer to see if and how much of a difference there is

Seems like your getting clooooooser to your finished pede.

Slowly but surely !! LOL. I just finished soldering all the connectors. I just need the dye and the bearing kit to finish..(I think)
    LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Slowly but surely !! LOL. I just finished soldering all the connectors. I just need the dye and the bearing kit to finish..(I think)
    LOL
    What bearing kit you get

I ordered a fasteddy kit. I had to rob 2 bearings to finish my son's p4de.Those were also a fasteddy kit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hm I'm gonna have to try those sometime. I'm using avid right now they are good bearings. Oh and your gonna want to let your chassis simmer in the dye. I did both boys chassis last night and they came out way better then what mine did

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Hm I'm gonna have to try those sometime. I'm using avid right now they are good bearings. Oh and your gonna want to let your chassis simmer in the dye. I did both boys chassis last night and they came out way better then what mine did
    OK Great ! How long did you leave them in ??

Fasteddiebearings make a ceramic sealed bearing kit.That's what I used last time.I ordered the regular kit this time.The ceramic kit is 80 $.

Wow Mario that's one fine off road monster in the making bro...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    OK Great ! How long did you leave them in ??
    Some will say 15-20 min but after that long it still had a blue tint to them. So I think I had them in there for about 30-45 min. Just put them in and check them see how light or dark they are getting. I even took them out washed them under cold water them looked at them. If I didn't like I threw them back in

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Wow Mario that's one fine off road monster in the making bro...peace
    Thanks(for all the help also).The only thing now would be for FLM to do an aluminum chassis for the p4de.

They make sick stuff bro the emaxx chassis is a fabrication masterpiece ...peace

RC Competitor
    Nice lookin truck. Is that second bumper made for a Stampede? What is it?

Thanks ! It is made by RPM.It is this one:
    http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/fr...-bumper-black/

Mario

I boiled mine and it's taken some awesome abuse for about three years and it keeps on going...peace

Heh Heh Heh…….

Mario

Heh Heh Heh…….

Mario
    holly...... that is a sick truck dude!!! i like how you mantained the green theme on the p4de. you are gonna love the look of the black dyed chassis, i died all the chassis of my trucks.
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Heh Heh Heh…….

Mario
    Lol same stove I have and same way I did my sons. Lookin good there.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasvxlbasher View Post
    holly...... that is a sick truck dude!!! i like how you mantained the green theme on the p4de. you are gonna love the look of the black dyed chassis, i died all the chassis of my trucks.
    Thanks man!!! It's the "GreenReaper". Lol

Lol same stove I have and same way I did my sons. Lookin good there.
    Lol. I'm being watched by mamma as we type.lil

Thanks man!!! It's the "GreenReaper". Lol
    lol yeah, thats the perfect name for it xD

mama is always looking over your shoulder when you doing something in the kitchen or the bath when you shower it lol
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

You have done a awesome job on dying that chassis and the name of the truck is sick...peace

Thanks guys !! It's fun !! Pleasure to share it with you guys. I'm going to start to re-assemble.Hopefully the bearings show up soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol. I had mama help me get rid of the pan and dyed water.

Lol. I had mama help me get rid of the pan and dyed water.
    She held the door open so I could go throw it in the snow bank. Lolol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    She held the door open so I could go throw it in the snow bank. Lolol
    that's gonna leave a mark I dyed mine Navy blue but you can only tell if you look closer, from a distance its black I know your color scheme are green, did you see Rit dye also comes in green? I wonder how it will turns out?

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    that's gonna leave a mark I dyed mine Navy blue but you can only tell if you look closer, from a distance its black I know your color scheme are green, did you see Rit dye also comes in green? I wonder how it will turns out?
    Yes,I saw the other colours.I bought about green,but it may have been too much.My son watched me do it so when he gets his for xmas,he may want to do the same.I would like to try blue on his as it is his favourite colour.

It's coming together….

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's coming together….

Looking good. Your almost there. Should be seeing a finish truck in a hr or better lol. Hey that tekno center shaft make sure you have a little play in it. Don't get it snug or you'll bind the driveline

?????? Should I use the 2 o-rings or just one ?? I can't finish until the bearings show up now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ?????? Should I use the 2 o-rings or just one ?? I can't finish until the bearings show up now.
    Use all the o rings. 2 up front and 2 on the slipper shaft. You'll have enough play to move the one that's on the slipper shaft. When I put both my boys' centers in I'm able to move the shaft back and fourth just a little. On mine I thought I had play in it but realized I didn't after doing a maintenance in it and I had to buy a new shaft cause when I tighten that set screw it spread that metal so I couldn't move it back. I haven't ran it since I did this. I will tomorrow and hopefully my temps will go down since I won't have that binding. 135f is still good but trying to get it lower and I can't seem to do that even after changing gearing around.

Use all the o rings. 2 up front and 2 on the slipper shaft. You'll have enough play to move the one that's on the slipper shaft. When I put both my boys' centers in I'm able to move the shaft back and fourth just a little. On mine I thought I had play in it but realized I didn't after doing a maintenance in it and I had to buy a new shaft cause when I tighten that set screw it spread that metal so I couldn't move it back. I haven't ran it since I did this. I will tomorrow and hopefully my temps will go down since I won't have that binding. 135f is still good but trying to get it lower and I can't seem to do that even after changing gearing around.
    Thanks.I just tried without the rear assembly and it is snug if I keep the slipper all the way in.I can't remember if there is play with the rear bolted on.I'll check it again when the bearing kit comes in and I can finish the rear diff and replace the motor mount bearing. Thanks for the head's up.The reason I bought this combo is to have 1-2 hours run time without heating issues.

Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks.I just tried without the rear assembly and it is snug if I keep the slipper all the way in.I can't remember if there is play with the rear bolted on.I'll check it again when the bearing kit comes in and I can finish the rear diff and replace the motor mount bearing. Thanks for the head's up.The reason I bought this combo is to have 1-2 hours run time without heating issues.

Mario
    Ok so I finally got it where I want it I could probably gear it up more since my temps are REALLY LOW. So earlier today I ran it still had good temps but not where I want them. After my run I noticed my Mips was rubbing my arms right there by the carriers at that cross piece ( had to much droop) so I changed the ride height readjusted the center shaft to have a little play lubed up the moving parts on the Mips, put the sw8 esc back on (had mm2 in). Put a fully charged pack in and motor is sitting at 95f esc is 71f. Nonstop throttle only let off when in a turn

Oh I'm also geared 19/54. That's why I said I could gear it up more. I need to get me a 52 spur
    Last edited by Er33; 12-22-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast