Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Hey Spenn,better than the Traxxas aluminum??
    I dunno about better. I do know the traxxas ones are higher quality then the integy ones. Out of all my crashes I've broken parts and the aluminum carriers aren't one of them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I don't know if you know it by now Mario, but integy was most known for using worst aluminum quality, sorry if I'm the first one to tell you that, I was once there with my nitro trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I don't know if you know it by now Mario, but integy was most known for using worst aluminum quality, sorry if I'm the first one to tell you that, I was once there with my nitro trucks.
    Thanks,but yes I knew this about 1 day after I placed the order !! LOL.That was my way of taking a dig at Integy on a G rated forum. There was some binding today in the steering. I just finished installing the steering blocks I also had that I should have installed yesterday when I did the caster blocks. i had a really good run today,almost an hour nothing broken. It has crazy power !! I'll try to make a vid tomorrow.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks,but yes I knew this about 1 day after I placed the order !! LOL.That was my way of taking a dig at Integy on a G rated forum. There was some binding today in the steering. I just finished installing the steering blocks I also had that I should have installed yesterday when I did the caster blocks. i had a really good run today,almost an hour nothing broken. It has crazy power !! I'll try to make a vid tomorrow.
    Lol don't worry your not the only one that's went out and bought that stuff before knowing how they are made and reputation it has. I ALMOST bought it for my sons truck when searching for aftermarket parts before I got my truck and before I became a member here. I stumbled across this forum in search of parts and sometimes the most well made parts break as well

RC Qualifier
    How many pins do I order for mip's all around?

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    +1 on stillsmokin875. Part number tra5145 is what I also use right there on the out drives instead of those little mm hex pins that comes with the axles

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    How many pins do I order for mip's all around?
    They come in a bag of 6. You only need 4 they go where the diff out drives connects to mip axles. You can get those or tra5189
    Last edited by Er33; 12-30-2014 at 03:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    In the 3rd picture. What are those aluminum pieces In the front and rear that the A arms are bolted to and then attach to the chassis on each end. Are they called bulk heads?

My son's p4de is almost complete.The servo will be in tomorrow.We'll get another body after xmas and paint it up together.

I started planning the layout for my p4de while I finish my son's.Gonna die the chassis black.

I welcome all comments and suggestions !!

Mario

Yes. Those are the front and rear bulkheads. Integy seem to be the only ones that make aluminum ones.

RC Qualifier
    So are the slash and pede the same bulk head? Is there any benefit in an aftermarket pieces vs stock? Does rpm make them or equivalent?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So are the slash and pede the same bulk head? Is there any benefit in an aftermarket pieces vs stock? Does rpm make them or equivalent?
    Yes the slash HCG and the pede share the same front and rear bulkheads and everything that's attached to them except for the front body mount. The slash LCG has different bulkheads but I believe share the same shock towers. Rpm doesn't make bulkheads for the pede. I wish they did. But I've only seen them for the lcg slash.
    Depends on the aftermarket part you are looking at the quality is different from every manufacture when it comes to aluminum personally I'd stick with traxxas and STRC aluminum parts. Like Mario said integy is the only manufacture that makes the bulkheads and it seems like he's having good luck with the bulkheads so far. No offense Mario

The front one seems to be the same,but not the back. I just did a quick search on my phone and didn't find any other upgrades. Mine was getting banged up from jumping so I upgraded. It's not the most necessary upgrade on the p4de imo

Er33 beat me to the post. He has more experience than me. No offense taken er33. I'm going back to
    Finish my chains.!!
    Last edited by Marioffroad; 12-30-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Ready for the snow !!

Mario

RC Racer
    That is absolutely sick!!
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    That is absolutely sick!!
    LOL. Thanks ! They are a little bigger than I would have liked,but that's the only choice I had .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ready for the snow !!

Mario
    Yea one of these days I'll be needing a set of those on my truck. But for now I'll just sit here and wait .....waiting...... waiting..... The snow will be here waiting....... Lol

Yea one of these days I'll be needing a set of those on my truck. But for now I'll just sit here and wait .....waiting...... waiting..... The snow will be here waiting....... Lol
    The irony is now that I'm ready,and have 5 days off left,we now have a cold spell.It's MINUS 25C with a wind chill factor of MINUS 34C right now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The irony is now that I'm ready,and have 5 days off left,we now have a cold spell.It's MINUS 25C with a wind chill factor of MINUS 34C right now.
    Um yea you can keep that cold crap up there. That's too dang cold. -13f nope I don't want that, just the snow

That's crazy cold dude it's around -1c here lol and the truck is looking sick with those tyres and chains setup....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    That's crazy cold dude it's around -1c here lol and the truck is looking sick with those tyres and chains setup....peace
    Thanks Spenn. It's NB,Canada winter.I'm looking at the forecast and I might have to put the lipos on storage charge for a while.

RC Qualifier
    Im 1.5hrs west of Ottawa and we have dogded cold weather so far. -18c here. Great lakes are keeping us warm so far.....

Im 1.5hrs west of Ottawa and we have dogded cold weather so far. -18c here. Great lakes are keeping us warm so far.....
    Cool ! (pun intended).. Well it's to be expected for the next 2 months I guess.

Well the weather loosened it's cold grip today so I did a few short chain vids.The chains move around on the tire so I'll have to X brace them after I repair one of the shocks.The lower cap popped off.The big bores are looking better and better…Enjoy !

RC Qualifier
    Cool video

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well the weather loosened it's cold grip today so I did a few short chain vids.The chains move around on the tire so I'll have to X brace them after I repair one of the shocks.The lower cap popped off.The big bores are looking better and better…Enjoy !
    Nice video. You should make some snow ramps in your yard lol

Nice video. You should make some snow ramps in your yard lol
    Lol..good idea! Next snowfall, I will try to blow it in piles with my tractor!!

RC Qualifier
    good vid, that thing is blasting throught the snow! wheelies too...

Sick video once again dude maybe it's worth investing in some skate ramps off ebay for cheap dude or a trip to the hardware store and make some awesome ones yourself then you have ramps all year roundand I still can't get my head around the temperatures you guys live in....peace

Thanks guys !! On another note,I know there is shock discussions on other threads right now….What shocks would you guys recommend as the most durable and capable of handling the weight of this truck ?? Traxxas Big Bores ?? Others ??

Thanks
    Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks guys !! On another note,I know there is shock discussions on other threads right now….What shocks would you guys recommend as the most durable and capable of handling the weight of this truck ?? Traxxas Big Bores ?? Others ??

Thanks
    Mario
    You want good shocks to hold up that heavy truck well I have just what you need lol. And billyg900 will agree
    Hpi vorza D8 shocks fronts all around here's a pic of them. I also run them on my truck so does billy
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-D8S-RT...-/131094697145
    Now you can find them cheaper go on ebay and search vorza D8 shocks or just D8 shocks. Make sure they have grey springs with them. I accidently ordered a front set and a rear set and they are the same length just different springs
    Edit. I don't know how but I accidently showed a proline website lol oops the one is right now
    Dirk411 his thread 4x4 pede parts ordered there's a website with the same shocks for some reason I can't put neither that thread or that site on here. So I'm mentioning it
    Last edited by Er33; 01-01-2015 at 08:33 PM.

I am running traxxas big bores dude with 20%+ progressive springs and 50wt oil all round and so far they have taken big air and driving on different types of terrain and speed runs without a single problem.plus they are smooth as butter too and made very well.but there are shocks like vorza fronts,caster big bores,proline,gtrs which are also bulletproof as you get bro...peace
    Last edited by spenniepoos; 01-01-2015 at 08:09 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am running traxxas big bores dude with 20%+ progressive springs and 50wt oil all round and so far they have taken big air and driving on different types of terrain and speed runs without a single problem.plus they are smooth as butter too and made very well.but there are shocks like vorza fronts,caster big bores,proline,gtrs which are also bulletproof as you get bro...peace
    I tried that setup on my sons pede couldn't get them set right even with preload and this is after I put the 2650 mm2 in. He has the gtrs I still have some playing around with them. They seem ok but still having problems with the weight of the truck lol

You want good shocks to hold up that heavy truck well I have just what you need lol. And billyg900 will agree
    Hpi vorza D8 shocks fronts all around here's a pic of them. I also run them on my truck so does billy
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-D8S-RT...-/131094697145
    Now you can find them cheaper go on ebay and search vorza D8 shocks or just D8 shocks. Make sure they have grey springs with them. I accidently ordered a front set and a rear set and they are the same length just different springs
    Edit. I don't know how but I accidently showed a proline website lol oops the one is right now
    Dirk411 his thread 4x4 pede parts ordered there's a website with the same shocks for some reason I can't put neither that thread or that site on here. So I'm mentioning it
    You run the same length all around ?? They are longer than the stock traxxas shocks. This didn't affect the truck stability at higher speeds ??
    Thanks again

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You run the same length all around ?? They are longer than the stock traxxas shocks. This didn't affect the truck stability at higher speeds ??
    Thanks again
    They are all the same shocks which is the ones I posted but for the rears I added longer rod ends to make rears a few MM longer and that part number is HBS67820. And no I didn't affect the trucks stability at high speeds you'll also need HB67410 these are shock stand off don't really need them for the rears but it wouldn't hurt to have them. You'll need them for the fronts to bring the top part of the shock out more to clear the linkage more. These are 16mm shock bodies which are a lot bigger then stock shock bodies. If front shocks are mounted right up against the tower it has a slight rub on the upper linkage I'll take closer pics. I think there's some on my build thread

These shocks handle the jumps a lot better before I would bottom out BAD and now it barely slaps the ground

They are all the same shocks which is the ones I posted but for the rears I added longer rod ends to make rears a few MM longer and that part number is HBS67820. And no I didn't affect the trucks stability at high speeds you'll also need HB67410 these are shock stand off don't really need them for the rears but it wouldn't hurt to have them. You'll need them for the fronts to bring the top part of the shock out more to clear the linkage more. These are 16mm shock bodies which are a lot bigger then stock shock bodies. If front shocks are mounted right up against the tower it has a slight rub on the upper linkage I'll take closer pics. I think there's some on my build thread

These shocks handle the jumps a lot better before I would bottom out BAD and now it barely slaps the ground
    Thanks bud.

The only time I bottom out is if I am going super high but for there size they rockwhen I do need new I will be going for caster racing big bores or vorza's.....peace

The only time I bottom out is if I am going super high but for there size they rockwhen I do need new I will be going for caster racing big bores or vorza's.....peace
    Thanks spenn.the bottom cap popped off my powerstroke,maybe just a bad hit.going to check the casters now...

Yeah one of my friends on here that made a super pede said they are sick and did not mess about when it came to bashing so I know they can take crazy punishment bro....peace

RC Qualifier
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/371145957944?nav=SEARCH

Are these the same shocks? I search D8 hd33 and get shocks with different descriptions. Look the same.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/371145957944?nav=SEARCH

Are these the same shocks? I search D8 hd33 and get shocks with different descriptions. Look the same.
    Yes those are the same. Not the same as castor ones though if that's what you mean. But those are the vorza D8 shocks

RC Qualifier
    Thanks again

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast