Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 281 to 320 of 376
  1. #281
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    6,462
    Then go for the HR racing trx15gp with 5352r mix for indestructible slipper clutch ...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  2. #282
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Sure....i'm in!!!!!

  3. #283
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    I was looking at the listing for hr 15gp in the zamora thread. I asked a question about the fact it says at the bottom of the double slipper ad to order two 5352r's. So do yah order 2 then?
    Last edited by dirk411; 01-15-2015 at 06:38 PM.

  4. #284
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    I was looking at the listing for hr 15gp in the zamora thread. I asked a question about the fact it says at the bottom of the double slipper ad to order two 5352r's. So do yah order 2 then?
    You are correct. You might be able to do it with one order but for the double side of it you'll need to order 2 sets which will give you 6 pads instead of 3. Hmmm I've seen that setup in the summit forum and wondered where he got it from now I know that HR double slipper along with 2 sets of pads think I'll be getting that setup as well

  5. #285
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    I looked into this. On the under side of the hub that pads attach to are 12 holes to mount 6 shoes or 2 sets of pads. Or you can elect to only mount 3 shoe or 1 set. I googled imaged the trx15gp and finally saw some good pics of what was going on

  6. #286
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    Im having troubles finding 2 sets of Trx15gsl which are the long graphite pads. So I ordered the set up with regular graphite pads x2. Also added a spare metallic pad for me my other hot racing clutch which will be a spare now
    Last edited by dirk411; 01-16-2015 at 07:07 AM.

  7. #287
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Well thanks guys. Now i just spent more money!! I hate you all LOL! Just ordered HR racing trx15gp with 5352r mix.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

  8. #288
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    Well thanks guys. Now i just spent more money!! I hate you all LOL! Just ordered HR racing trx15gp with 5352r mix.
    Lol I felt the same when I first got on here and reading different things everyone does. That's funny

  9. #289
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    LOL…. By the time I'm done,the truck will be worth 2000$ LOL...

  10. #290
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    I hear ya guys. I hadn't touched an rc in over 20 years. Last one was a battery truck called nitro bandit. I used a 2wd pede for 20 minutes at Christmas. I since bought a 4x4 pede. Haven't seen it move 1 cm yet and im already into $1500 and counting. Imo thats as crazy as it gets. So I feel ya troy

  11. #291
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Well the D8 shocks and new bearing kit are next on my list.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

  12. #292
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    I obviously haven't used them but there are in my possession. And they are incredible how much bigger they are and how much better both compression and rebound are

  13. #293
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Mine are on the way….Does it look like we will need to modify stuff so they fit without rubbing against anything ?

  14. #294
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    I got the shock stand offs. Im thinking of using them on all 4 corners. Time will tell

  15. #295
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Mine are on the way….Does it look like we will need to modify stuff so they fit without rubbing against anything ?
    For the rear there's no modifying needed. For the fronts I flipped the shock stand off to push the top out more and used a spacer at the bottom where the eye goes to the arm

    At the top of the shock you can see the stand off but it's on the outside I took it off and put it between the shock and shock tower and used a washer on the outside I also used a 25mm x3mm long screw to secure it to the tower

  16. #296
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    For the rear there's no modifying needed. For the fronts I flipped the shock stand off to push the top out more and used a spacer at the bottom where the eye goes to the arm

    At the top of the shock you can see the stand off but it's on the outside I took it off and put it between the shock and shock tower and used a washer on the outside I also used a 25mm x3mm long screw to secure it to the tower
    Thanks bud! Only -4C. Me and junior are going out snow bashing!!

  17. #297
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Thanks bud! Only -4C. Me and junior are going out snow bashing!!
    No problem. I gave up on the snow here all it does is tease me. Have fun

  18. #298
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    Well the D8 shocks and new bearing kit are next on my list.
    Oh and I forgot I still need to buy the XO-1 diffs.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

  19. #299
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    Or you can buy just the I bar. Far cheaper

  20. #300
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    Isnt that stand off installed backwards? Could you take a better picture of the whole stand off? By that picture it looks like you haven't gained anything. Unless im totally missing it


    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    For the rear there's no modifying needed. For the fronts I flipped the shock stand off to push the top out more and used a spacer at the bottom where the eye goes to the arm

    At the top of the shock you can see the stand off but it's on the outside I took it off and put it between the shock and shock tower and used a washer on the outside I also used a 25mm x3mm long screw to secure it to the tower

  21. #301
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Isnt that stand off installed backwards? Could you take a better picture of the whole stand off? By that picture it looks like you haven't gained anything. Unless im totally missing it
    That's is correct which is why I stated that I removed it and put it in between the tower and shock. On the rears you don't need a stand off. These stand offs are used cause hpi uses aluminum towers. Just like how traxxas has a stand off with their aluminum towers. I recently removed the shocks cause I wanted a lower stance but I have to modify these shocks so I can put them back cause I broke a shaft on one of my gtrs

  22. #302
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    Gotcha. Missed that. I was wondering what I was missing

  23. #303
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Gotcha. Missed that. I was wondering what I was missing
    Here's a pic of traxxas stand off

    And here's how I have the fronts now.
    And I used a washer to keep the shock attached

    As for the rear shocks you don't need to use the stand offs like you would on the fronts. I used them as my washer
    As you can see there's nothing that will hit them on the back unless you move the toe link on the front side of the tower and carrier

  24. #304
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    Thanks for showing those pictures. Have the shocks caused any issues because they are not % 100 perfect straight on the front?

  25. #305
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Thanks for showing those pictures. Have the shocks caused any issues because they are not % 100 perfect straight on the front?
    Nope no issues they are awesome for bashing. I've been through 4 other sets of shocks ultras big bores proline powerstrokes and the gtrs and I couldn't get them set right for the weight of the 2650 or the 2200 motor.

  26. #306
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    6,462
    Thanks for the info bro I will upgrade my shocks when I get spare dough for a 1/8 motor....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  27. #307
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    And the madness continues…


    Here is a mod to the overtray.The idea is from IPT in the "making chains" thread.It's not pretty,but seems to work well.I have just received an Outerware,and will most likely be using that.




    Mario

  28. #308
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    205
    Wow!! didn't really get to read the whole thread but you got one sick truck dude

  29. #309
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    6,462
    Yeah it's a mean green off road machine...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  30. #310
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Thanks ! Lots of fun !!

  31. #311
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Yeah it's a mean green off road machine...peace
    The stuff for the Super Slipper is incoming !!

  32. #312
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    That's a nice little contraption you got there lol. Just so you know. I'd put a limiter inside those rear shocks. They work as they are with traxxas shafts but don't work very well with Mips they bind when turning I could hear the difference with those compared to after I limit the travel of them. I have them well had them on my truck.
    Keep up the good moding

  33. #313
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    That's a nice little contraption you got there lol. Just so you know. I'd put a limiter inside those rear shocks. They work as they are with traxxas shafts but don't work very well with Mips they bind when turning I could hear the difference with those compared to after I limit the travel of them. I have them well had them on my truck.
    Keep up the good moding
    Thanks Bud. Could you expand a little about the limiter and binding ?
    I apologize for making you type a lot …. LOL

    PS What oil do you use in those shocks ?
    Last edited by Marioffroad; 01-21-2015 at 09:48 PM.

  34. #314
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    How wide is that spacer you used or made on the bottom of rear shock? Also how about the front lower? Is it the same spacer?Im trying to find hardware to correct the alignment on them shocks. Thanks and I will pass along my findings




    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    For the rear there's no modifying needed. For the fronts I flipped the shock stand off to push the top out more and used a spacer at the bottom where the eye goes to the arm

    At the top of the shock you can see the stand off but it's on the outside I took it off and put it between the shock and shock tower and used a washer on the outside I also used a 25mm x3mm long screw to secure it to the tower
    Last edited by dirk411; 01-21-2015 at 10:33 PM.

  35. #315
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    How wide is that spacer you used or made on the bottom of rear shock? Im trying to find hardware to correct the alignment on them shocks. Thanks and I will pass along my findings
    I have parts coming in at my lhs tomorrow hopefully and I'll get you the part number.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Thanks Bud. Could you expand a little about the limiter and binding ?
    I apologize for making you type a lot …. LOL

    PS What oil do you use in those shocks ?
    I used nitro fuel line 5mm long I removed the shaft out of shock body and slide it on to where it's under the piston.
    I use 70 wt oil in all 4 shocks. Even in the gtrs I have on now.

  36. #316
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Hey Mario how much difference in stiffness are those blue springs compared to the grey ones that's on the shocks

  37. #317
    RC Qualifier Marioffroad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NB,Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Hey Mario how much difference in stiffness are those blue springs compared to the grey ones that's on the shocks
    Hey man ! I think about 20% more(stronger)The grey rear are 52gf and the blue are 63gf.The front grey are 74gf and the blue are 89gf.Another forum says HPI x 0.056= lb/in. This is all new to me.

    Mario

  38. #318
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Hey man ! I think about 20% more(stronger)The grey rear are 52gf and the blue are 63gf.The front grey are 74gf and the blue are 89gf.Another forum says HPI x 0.056= lb/in. This is all new to me.

    Mario

    That's cool man. That's one thing about different manufacturers springs they all label them differently

  39. #319
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    515
    Are you saying as the rear end squats the mips bind? And a 5mm spacer corrects this? Ive read guys putting a different cup on, a lower cup. What if you did that and complemented that with a slightly stiffer spring? Play with the oil to suit? Just throwing it out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    That's a nice little contraption you got there lol. Just so you know. I'd put a limiter inside those rear shocks. They work as they are with traxxas shafts but don't work very well with Mips they bind when turning I could hear the difference with those compared to after I limit the travel of them. I have them well had them on my truck.
    Keep up the good moding

  40. #320
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013

    The operating table is prepped !

    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Are you saying as the rear end squats the mips bind? And a 5mm spacer corrects this? Ive read guys putting a different cup on, a lower cup. What if you did that and complemented that with a slightly stiffer spring? Play with the oil to suit? Just throwing it out there
    Actually it's the opposite. The rears he has are same as what I have which are 112mm long. When they are fully extended like when in a turn. Say your turning left and the left rear extends that shaft starts to bind. So I put a 5mm long limiter inside the shock body so it only extends 107 mm. So in a turn my Mips didn't bind

    I still my Mips on and put Gtr fronts all around my truck is now lowered a 2s battery can't slide under the front or rear bulkheads and the Mips don't bind with that much squatting

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •