Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Then go for the HR racing trx15gp with 5352r mix for indestructible slipper clutch ...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Sure....i'm in!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I was looking at the listing for hr 15gp in the zamora thread. I asked a question about the fact it says at the bottom of the double slipper ad to order two 5352r's. So do yah order 2 then?
    Last edited by dirk411; 01-15-2015 at 06:38 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    I was looking at the listing for hr 15gp in the zamora thread. I asked a question about the fact it says at the bottom of the double slipper ad to order two 5352r's. So do yah order 2 then?
    You are correct. You might be able to do it with one order but for the double side of it you'll need to order 2 sets which will give you 6 pads instead of 3. Hmmm I've seen that setup in the summit forum and wondered where he got it from now I know that HR double slipper along with 2 sets of pads think I'll be getting that setup as well

RC Qualifier
    I looked into this. On the under side of the hub that pads attach to are 12 holes to mount 6 shoes or 2 sets of pads. Or you can elect to only mount 3 shoe or 1 set. I googled imaged the trx15gp and finally saw some good pics of what was going on

RC Qualifier
    Im having troubles finding 2 sets of Trx15gsl which are the long graphite pads. So I ordered the set up with regular graphite pads x2. Also added a spare metallic pad for me my other hot racing clutch which will be a spare now
    Last edited by dirk411; 01-16-2015 at 07:07 AM.

RC Racer
    Well thanks guys. Now i just spent more money!! I hate you all LOL! Just ordered HR racing trx15gp with 5352r mix.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    Well thanks guys. Now i just spent more money!! I hate you all LOL! Just ordered HR racing trx15gp with 5352r mix.
    Lol I felt the same when I first got on here and reading different things everyone does. That's funny

LOL…. By the time I'm done,the truck will be worth 2000$ LOL...

RC Qualifier
    I hear ya guys. I hadn't touched an rc in over 20 years. Last one was a battery truck called nitro bandit. I used a 2wd pede for 20 minutes at Christmas. I since bought a 4x4 pede. Haven't seen it move 1 cm yet and im already into $1500 and counting. Imo thats as crazy as it gets. So I feel ya troy

RC Racer
    Well the D8 shocks and new bearing kit are next on my list.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Qualifier
    I obviously haven't used them but there are in my possession. And they are incredible how much bigger they are and how much better both compression and rebound are

Mine are on the way….Does it look like we will need to modify stuff so they fit without rubbing against anything ?

RC Qualifier
    I got the shock stand offs. Im thinking of using them on all 4 corners. Time will tell

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Mine are on the way….Does it look like we will need to modify stuff so they fit without rubbing against anything ?
    For the rear there's no modifying needed. For the fronts I flipped the shock stand off to push the top out more and used a spacer at the bottom where the eye goes to the arm

At the top of the shock you can see the stand off but it's on the outside I took it off and put it between the shock and shock tower and used a washer on the outside I also used a 25mm x3mm long screw to secure it to the tower

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    For the rear there's no modifying needed. For the fronts I flipped the shock stand off to push the top out more and used a spacer at the bottom where the eye goes to the arm

At the top of the shock you can see the stand off but it's on the outside I took it off and put it between the shock and shock tower and used a washer on the outside I also used a 25mm x3mm long screw to secure it to the tower
    Thanks bud! Only -4C. Me and junior are going out snow bashing!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks bud! Only -4C. Me and junior are going out snow bashing!!
    No problem. I gave up on the snow here all it does is tease me. Have fun

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    Well the D8 shocks and new bearing kit are next on my list.
    Oh and I forgot I still need to buy the XO-1 diffs.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Qualifier
    Or you can buy just the I bar. Far cheaper

RC Qualifier
    Isnt that stand off installed backwards? Could you take a better picture of the whole stand off? By that picture it looks like you haven't gained anything. Unless im totally missing it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Isnt that stand off installed backwards? Could you take a better picture of the whole stand off? By that picture it looks like you haven't gained anything. Unless im totally missing it
    That's is correct which is why I stated that I removed it and put it in between the tower and shock. On the rears you don't need a stand off. These stand offs are used cause hpi uses aluminum towers. Just like how traxxas has a stand off with their aluminum towers. I recently removed the shocks cause I wanted a lower stance but I have to modify these shocks so I can put them back cause I broke a shaft on one of my gtrs

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. Missed that. I was wondering what I was missing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gotcha. Missed that. I was wondering what I was missing
    Here's a pic of traxxas stand off

And here's how I have the fronts now.
    And I used a washer to keep the shock attached

As for the rear shocks you don't need to use the stand offs like you would on the fronts. I used them as my washer
    As you can see there's nothing that will hit them on the back unless you move the toe link on the front side of the tower and carrier

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for showing those pictures. Have the shocks caused any issues because they are not % 100 perfect straight on the front?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for showing those pictures. Have the shocks caused any issues because they are not % 100 perfect straight on the front?
    Nope no issues they are awesome for bashing. I've been through 4 other sets of shocks ultras big bores proline powerstrokes and the gtrs and I couldn't get them set right for the weight of the 2650 or the 2200 motor.

Thanks for the info bro I will upgrade my shocks when I get spare dough for a 1/8 motor....peace

And the madness continues…

Here is a mod to the overtray.The idea is from IPT in the "making chains" thread.It's not pretty,but seems to work well.I have just received an Outerware,and will most likely be using that.

Mario

RC Racer
    Wow!! didn't really get to read the whole thread but you got one sick truck dude

Yeah it's a mean green off road machine...peace

Thanks ! Lots of fun !!

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Yeah it's a mean green off road machine...peace
    The stuff for the Super Slipper is incoming !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's a nice little contraption you got there lol. Just so you know. I'd put a limiter inside those rear shocks. They work as they are with traxxas shafts but don't work very well with Mips they bind when turning I could hear the difference with those compared to after I limit the travel of them. I have them well had them on my truck.
    Keep up the good moding

That's a nice little contraption you got there lol. Just so you know. I'd put a limiter inside those rear shocks. They work as they are with traxxas shafts but don't work very well with Mips they bind when turning I could hear the difference with those compared to after I limit the travel of them. I have them well had them on my truck.
    Keep up the good moding
    Thanks Bud. Could you expand a little about the limiter and binding ?
    I apologize for making you type a lot …. LOL

PS What oil do you use in those shocks ?
    Last edited by Marioffroad; 01-21-2015 at 09:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    How wide is that spacer you used or made on the bottom of rear shock? Also how about the front lower? Is it the same spacer?Im trying to find hardware to correct the alignment on them shocks. Thanks and I will pass along my findings

Last edited by dirk411; 01-21-2015 at 10:33 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How wide is that spacer you used or made on the bottom of rear shock? Im trying to find hardware to correct the alignment on them shocks. Thanks and I will pass along my findings
    I have parts coming in at my lhs tomorrow hopefully and I'll get you the part number.

Thanks Bud. Could you expand a little about the limiter and binding ?
    I apologize for making you type a lot …. LOL

PS What oil do you use in those shocks ?
    I used nitro fuel line 5mm long I removed the shaft out of shock body and slide it on to where it's under the piston.
    I use 70 wt oil in all 4 shocks. Even in the gtrs I have on now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey Mario how much difference in stiffness are those blue springs compared to the grey ones that's on the shocks

Hey Mario how much difference in stiffness are those blue springs compared to the grey ones that's on the shocks
    Hey man ! I think about 20% more(stronger)The grey rear are 52gf and the blue are 63gf.The front grey are 74gf and the blue are 89gf.Another forum says HPI x 0.056= lb/in. This is all new to me.

Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey man ! I think about 20% more(stronger)The grey rear are 52gf and the blue are 63gf.The front grey are 74gf and the blue are 89gf.Another forum says HPI x 0.056= lb/in. This is all new to me.

Mario

That's cool man. That's one thing about different manufacturers springs they all label them differently

RC Qualifier
    Are you saying as the rear end squats the mips bind? And a 5mm spacer corrects this? Ive read guys putting a different cup on, a lower cup. What if you did that and complemented that with a slightly stiffer spring? Play with the oil to suit? Just throwing it out there

Keep up the good moding

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

The operating table is prepped !

Are you saying as the rear end squats the mips bind? And a 5mm spacer corrects this? Ive read guys putting a different cup on, a lower cup. What if you did that and complemented that with a slightly stiffer spring? Play with the oil to suit? Just throwing it out there
    Actually it's the opposite. The rears he has are same as what I have which are 112mm long. When they are fully extended like when in a turn. Say your turning left and the left rear extends that shaft starts to bind. So I put a 5mm long limiter inside the shock body so it only extends 107 mm. So in a turn my Mips didn't bind

I still my Mips on and put Gtr fronts all around my truck is now lowered a 2s battery can't slide under the front or rear bulkheads and the Mips don't bind with that much squatting

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast