Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Ok I here ya. I was thinking exactly opposite. What can I expect with the 97mm D8's all around? Im putting the long shock ends in the rears. Right now I have all grey springs. Any issues with mips?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

The operating table is prepped !

Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Ok I here ya. I was thinking exactly opposite. What can I expect with the 97mm D8's all around? Im putting the long shock ends in the rears. Right now I have all grey springs. Any issues with mips?
    No issues with Mips with fronts all around. If you want to raise the rear just a little you can get longer rod ends. I'll have to get you the part number. I think I mentioned it in this thread somewhere lol. But I have it wrote down in my parts list I actually have 3 pairs of these shocks. 2 of them are fronts actually 1 is front and the other is a rear but same length just different color spring the other pair is the 112mm long ones.

Hb67820 is the part number for the longer rod ends. Here's a pic of the difference in length it'll add to the rear

And here's a difference in length of a big bore rear shock and the front shock with the longer rod end
    Last edited by Er33; 01-23-2015 at 09:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yah bro. I like the looks of that. I got the long ends on route. Thanks. Cant wait to get at it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yah bro. I like the looks of that. I got the long ends on route. Thanks. Cant wait to get at it
    Yea I would stick with the grey springs. I need to get a set for those shocks in the pic. I was thinking about softer springs but the grey ones are perfect for the weight of my truck. The orange spring is a tad bit stiff.

RC Qualifier
    Mario did ya get your double slipper in yet? I got mine today. Nice looking piece. I bought the long aluminum pads. They come 3 pads in a pack. I could fit 4 on hub. I was kind of expecting to use 2 pack, 6 pads. They tell you to buy two packs just dont tell yah you need 4 pads. Cant complain I have 9 pads new. I smoked my stock clutch in 5 mins with the sw8 1515 combo

No,not yet,but we had a storm last 2 days.Did you put up any vids or pics of your machine yet ?

Mario

RC Qualifier
    No im going to showcase it when its totally done. Likely going to be a couple weeks. Got to get the lunsford TB's I could get the steering and stability kit from my lhs but the swaybar and bellcrank TB had to come from lunsford. Probally 2 weeks to get here. Wont have the clutch together till I get 5352R.

I am looking forward to seeing the super slipper clutch built guy's and dirk's masterpiece too...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ill have to get someone to post pictures for me. I dont do image hosting. Probably will never do it

RC Racer
    Here's a pic of my double slipper finally put together
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Qualifier
    How many pads did you install. Did you use the regular length or long pads and what material

So troy I believe used all six pads from 2 5352r kits. He said he has 1/8" space between pads which translates into 3/4" total. Where I have 4 long pads with a 1/4" gap between which turns into 1" total. So troy has more surface area than myself. Im going to order a 2nd set of 5352r and see if any combination of the short and long pads will work together. Either way winner winner chicken dinner. I cant believe how light the HR double slipper assembly is. I also have the blue HR heavy duty slipper. I think it needs a different spring or a shim. With the nut at full on it would contact the pad.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-31-2015 at 10:17 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Mario, whats goin on with your build this week?

Mario, whats goin on with your build this week?
    Not much.I have the parts for the super slipper clutch,got to assemble it.Hopefully on the weekend.I am also waiting on 51 mm shock shafts to put in my 112mm rear shocks to bring them closer to the stock length.The weather has been too cold to run so I backed off a bit.How about you?

RC Qualifier
    About the same. Spending money waiting on couriers. Dirty cold snap our side of canada. Looks like a 2 more weeks of it anyways, maybe get back to seasonal after that

RC Qualifier
    Mario. Have you put together the double slipper yet? I just did tonight and I have play in the set up with the nut at full tight? Any idea what may be the cause? I was going to try the beveled washers you get in the revo kit for the nitro version between the spring and nut. Any suggestions let it rip

No,I haven't even looked at it yet.I'll let you know as soon as I do.Thanks for the head's up.

Mario

RC Qualifier
    Troy got back to me. I didnt know there were 2 holes on the shaft. Have to use the inner hole. Thanks troy

Yeah that's the same if you run the revo spec slipper too.and troy that slipper looks the business dude...peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Yeah that's the same if you run the revo spec slipper too.and troy that slipper looks the business dude...peace
    Thx spennie, havent even been able to run the truck. Been too bloody cold out for the last month or so.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

Tell me about it brogive us the low down after a few runs with it ...peace

RC Qualifier
    About the double slipper we are building. @troy, I ordered 2 sets of the long pads and 2 sets of the regular length pads, aluminum. I used 3 short and 3 long pads and was left with about 1/16" of space between the pads. Where troy I believe had 1/8" between pads with 6 regular length. I could only fit 4 long pads on and was left with 1/4" between pads. Just some info for ya

Dirk that's good to know for people who are about to drop a big brushless system in their truck...peace

OK,here it is.One question: I couldn't get the spring that came in the revo rebuild kit 5352R to fit over the shaft so I used the original spring. Does anybody know if the revo spring is stronger than the stampede one ?
    Thanks
    Mario

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    OK,here it is.One question: I couldn't get the spring that came in the revo rebuild kit 5352R to fit over the shaft so I used the original spring. Does anybody know if the revo spring is stronger than the stampede one ?
    Thanks
    Mario

The spring that comes with the revo kit won't fit it to small as you found that out lol. Just so you don't think your got wrong spring.

RC Qualifier
    How do you guys recommend adjusting this clutch? Seems pretty tight at normal adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    The spring that comes with the revo kit won't fit it to small as you found that out lol. Just so you don't think your got wrong spring.
    Thanks ER33,that's what I wanted to hear,was just too lazy to research tonight…LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Thanks ER33,that's what I wanted to hear,was just too lazy to research tonight…LOL
    Lol your research should be about done. Shouldn't it. I thought mine was till I decided to convert 2 trucks into street running cars with lcg chassis. It's researching all over again and hard to decide

LOL.Show us what you're doing.That way I can vicariously fulfil my need to build and save some money !!

How do you guys recommend adjusting this clutch? Seems pretty tight at normal adjustment?
    I would start at one full turn from fully compressed dude and see how it behaves and go from there bro...peace

RC Qualifier
    I hear ya. Ill poke away at it
    Last edited by dirk411; 02-12-2015 at 08:05 PM.

I would start at one full turn from fully compressed dude and see how it behaves and go from there bro...peace
    Hey guys,that might be loose.I run mine 1/8th loose with that powerhouse and a heavy p4de.

Mario

RC Qualifier
    Mario, Are you talking about the stock clutch or the revo double slipper?

The Robinson Racing GEN3 .I don't think the the REVO double will be any different but I could be wrong.I used the same spring so….we'll see what the others say.

RC Qualifier
    Spring backed off 1 full turn is insanely tight on the double slipper. BUT I am unable to do any runs right now because of snow and cold. Only -35 tonight, atleast the days are getting longer

Well………If this isn't MAXIMUM CARNAGE,I don't know what is .

Mario

Whoa dude what did you hit a metal pole or something....peace

The corner of the wooden steps….at almost full clip…..

Ouch dude how much down time are you looking at?....peace

Finally read your whole thread today...very nice.
    Hopefully the bulkhead has not bent on you, I managed to bend two FLM bulkhead in the days on a 2wd pede, and they never funtioned the same ever since, the hinge pins would bind, loosing the functionality of the arms.
    Live life to the fullest

Ouch dude how much down time are you looking at?....peace
    Not sure.I have to get another chassis,dye it,etc…I'm gonna let it sit for a while and decide what I'm going to do….Thanks

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast