RC poster

Questions on USB Wall Adapter for Alias battery charger

Instead of plugging my alias battery charger into my pc usb, I read in the manual you can use a usb wall adapter that is 1amp or higher in output.

So I checked out what I have which is a Music Power Quartet USB Adapter from a old mp3 player I charge.
    http://www.directron.com/90274.html

Im not exactly sure what the output is of this unit(1amp or higher???)
    But I do not own an IPAD or Tablet or even a cell phone.

So I wanted to know what do you use or can you recommend in a USB adapter for the wall. I hate the idea of having to use my pc just to charge the batteries up.

I wasnt sure on using this music power usb adapter either as there is no listing for output milliamps or amps on it. Didnt feel like ruining anything.

RC Champion
    My Nokia wall charger puts out more than 1 amp. Most android (HTC, LG, Samsung) wall usb chargers put out more than one amp. Its a good $5 piece to add to the best if your going on vacation! Definitely take this with you on vacation! I had the best time flying at night!!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

The output should be molded into the case or on a sticker. I've used cell phone adapters with 0.7 amp output with no issues--just seems to take little bit longer.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Heres what I use .I found it at bestbuy for around 18 bucks. I can use 3 differrant usb chargers and still use the 110 volt outlets.

RC Champion
    ... I need that. 2.1 amps is awesome. It'll charge my 3000mah li-ion in my phone faster than my 1.8 amp phone charger.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

I use any USB phone charger that I can find. Although lately I have been using my Powerlab 6 to charge all of my batteries.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Competitor
    About six months ago or so, I went to my local Wal-Mart and got a 'generic' USB charger. I am satisfied with it, especially because I can charge my Alias' batteries (as well as my DR-1 and QR-1 batteries) without having to use a USB port on my computer.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    I use any USB phone charger that I can find. Although lately I have been using my Powerlab 6 to charge all of my batteries.

Yea my venom pro charger is capable of charging the 1s so I'm able to charge it at 2c but i only do 1.5c to preserve the battery.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC poster
    If I wasnt in such a hurry the night I posted this I would have saw in the description for the unit I have (link I posted) does list the output. This music power by quartet is a 2 amp on a single usb and 1 amp when two units are hooked up. So it all works out and I didnt have to buy something extra that I already have. yay! lol!
    Although that is a nice usb adapter realstig. Ill have to keep a note of that one incase I do need another one. I only have a single charger for now. TH is out of stock on the double last I checked.
    Just did up my landing gear tonight. Got some snow so I had some time.

RC Competitor
    Hey spiderx,try mark twain hobbies (mth) on ebay I've bought quite a bit from them at reasonable pricing and fast inexpensive shipping. heres a link to their alias page at their ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/Mark-Twain-Ho...h&_sid=8288304 Have fun.
    Last edited by the realstig; 11-28-2014 at 09:44 PM.

RC poster
    I can also recommend Mark Twain Hobby shop. They are 10 minutes from my house and are great to work with. They will match online (www.hobby1.com) prices when shopping in person as well.

I buy from mth on ebay a lot. Good seller. Fast shipping. I also have a usb car adapter that I use all the time to charge my Alias batteries.