RC poster

digital kill switch in link app?

is there a kill switch button, or can one be made to disconnect the transmitter form the rc? i have an maxx and my 4 yr old likes to ignore me when i tell him to hand the transmitter over. i have him in training mode when he uses it, but a digital kill switch would be really helpful.

No, but as the parent you are not to be controlled by a four-year-old. Have him obey or there will be consequences consistent with the offense (such as no driving for a week. Or the next five outings, etc).
    Last edited by Double G; 07-07-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I wasn’t asking for parenting advice

Quote Originally Posted by markc_66 View Post
    I wasn’t asking for parenting advice

But you are asking for help in your 4yr old's ignoring attitude.

FWIW Also trying to disconnect a Transmitter from a vehicle while being used would be a safety issue. That's like saying to someone learning to drive a full size car "I'm going to shut the car (key) off while your driving down the road if you don't listen to me."
    Last edited by grizzly03; 07-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.

RC Champion
    Your son must obey you, is logical.

RC Competitor
    I bet you can shut the throttle off from the link app!

Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    I bet you can shut the throttle off from the link app!
    I don't think it would be a smart idea to change settings in the app while the vehicle is being used. One accidental finger swipe could cause the vehicle to take off without any control. It's especially dangerous if someone else is holding the controller, which is still needed to control the steering and brakes.

RC Competitor
    That's an interesting perspective.but if you look at the link app the panel that has the throttle limit doesn't have anything that could do that. All it has is throttle controls like sub trim sensitivity and percentage.
    Considering what the OP asked about this is a way to do it. I think I'll bench test the idea.

That's an interesting perspective.but if you look at the link app the panel that has the throttle limit doesn't have anything that could do that. All it has is throttle controls like sub trim sensitivity and percentage.
    Considering what the OP asked about this is a way to do it. I think I'll bench test the idea.
    What about accidentally swiping the brakes off? It's right next to the throttle? Not much room for error, especially using the screen size of a phone.

Just because it could be done, doesn't mean that it's safe to do so.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 07-23-2020 at 09:10 PM.

RC Competitor
    That's still an opinion and not what the OP asked.
    He said he has the throttle turned down for his son so it wont be doing so fast anyway. I know my truck comes right to a stop from a slower pace by simply letting off the throttle.
    I even found the use of this app marketed toward this. Having a "crew" making live adjustments to your rig.
    All this is moot since I think the opp go offended and hasn't been back.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    What about accidentally swiping the brakes off? It's right next to the throttle? Not much room for error, especially using the screen size of a phone.

Just because it could be done, doesn't mean that it's safe to do so.
    I agree with this, is a high risk and an error must be cause serious injury.

All this is moot since I think the opp go offended and hasn't been back.
    Well, if an adult cannot control their 4-year-old and teach them to listen to authority then what happens in ten, 20 years...
    The Super Derecho

... I even found the use of this app marketed toward this. Having a "crew" making live adjustments to your rig...
    There is a difference between a competent operator and an incompetent operator.

If using this OP's question as the example: If a mistake was made in turning off something that was unintended, do you think that this 4yr old is going to stop using the vehicle so the action can be reversed?

More info: If the throttle was turned off, the brake (or reverse) still works and vice versa.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Well, if an adult cannot control their 4-year-old and teach them to listen to authority then what happens in ten, 20 years...
    In this cases, is when I say "Aybibadre"