Traxxas Link App - Dashboard Telemetry data recording for each run

Telemetry data is supposed to be recorded and can be replayed for each run per Traxxas advertisement.
    I've looked for the record/replay option in the App ( android ) and can't seem to find it.
    Anyone know where it is in the Android app?
    Does this option exist in the iOS version of the App?

Nobody else on this forum using the Link App that can give me some insights, tips, hints,....?
    I simultaneously asked about this to Trax support via e-mail and got following reply but for the life of me I can't find what is mentioned there my Android Link App.

From Trax support:
    >>>1. Record a session.
    2. Replay the recording thru the Media screen
    3. Tap on the replay screen, in the upper right corner of the drop down menu, select "Email CSV Data"
    4. Enter in your email address
    5. Send the data to yourself
    6. Open the CSV file in Excel
    7. The columns are labeled starting with time in tenths of a second, then columns named with the gauge names used on the recorded dashboard.<<<

Appears that I'm the lone ranger that uses the Android Link App in the active user pool here
    So in case someone else ventures in here that uses it besides me here's the final info I got from of support:
    - The Traxxas Link App for Android does not support telemetry data logs at this time and no timeline on when it's going to be added

Also asked if GPS data would be logged as well if a GPS module is used and the reply back was no, bummer

RC Qualifier
    I was complaining to my wife about the I device only thing so I broke down and got a second hand I phone...three weeks later the android app was released. I havent tried the record run thingy yet. But on my I device all you do is tap the screen like you are going to edit a gauge and down at the bottom "record" will also pop up. Dont know if this helps or not.

RC Qualifier
    Went back and read read...looks like your option is to get a I device of some sort. Like I said I got mine second hand, and thats the only thing I use it for, it is not even activated. I paid $75 for it. I think its worth it.

Thanks for your response, yes I may consider getting a cheap iOs device but I also might look into other data logging options due to the lack of location recording of the Traxxas telemetry and just use the basic temp and voltage warnings from the LinkApp since the cost for the Trx GPS and the necessary expander module is rather high for it's very limited use.

RC Qualifier
    Update came today with recording option.
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

Oh good to know have to try out when I get a chance. Hope they also fixed the metric snaffu on the Dashboard dial indicators.

RC Competitor
    Cool did a trial and working great...even recording sound from my phone. i tried to export to see it in Castle link software but was not able to do it. But in excel you can do it easily. here is a small tutorial I did showing how to do a graph in excel

E-MAXX BRUSHLESS 4S

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    Oh good to know have to try out when I get a chance. Hope they also fixed the metric snaffu on the Dashboard dial indicators.
    Metric is Fixed...THANKS TRAXXAS
    E-MAXX BRUSHLESS 4S

RC poster
    I found a bug about export CSV file.
    After recording the data, please don't use EDIT>> RENAME to rename the file name.
    If you did so, you will not see "EXPORT CSV" on the upper right conner in replay screen.
    I tried to rename the file name back to the original one, the "EXPORT CSV" shows up again.
    Hope Traxxas will fix it.

RC poster
    Quick question. I just ordered a Bandit VXL and all the telemetry sensors. If I'm understanding this correctly, telemetry data is sent to Traxxas Link app in phone or tablet through Bluetooth Link. If most Bluetooth only has a range of 40-50 feet, how does application receive data from rc vehicle if it's 200 feet away from radio? Only thought that I had was that data from sensors in vehicle is sent through receiver to radio and then radio transmit that data to the Traxxas app through the Bluetooth link. Thanks for any helpful insight.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1831 View Post
    Quick question. I just ordered a Bandit VXL and all the telemetry sensors. If I'm understanding this correctly, telemetry data is sent to Traxxas Link app in phone or tablet through Bluetooth Link. If most Bluetooth only has a range of 40-50 feet, how does application receive data from rc vehicle if it's 200 feet away from radio? Only thought that I had was that data from sensors in vehicle is sent through receiver to radio and then radio transmit that data to the Traxxas app through the Bluetooth link. Thanks for any helpful insight.
    It can't, as you say, the Bluetooth only have a range of 40-50 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1831 View Post
    The info is sent from the receiver to the transmitter. It is then sent via Bluetooth to your phone. As long as your phone is within 40-50 ft of the transmitter, you will get the telemetry data no matter how far away the vehicle is. As long as it is within range of the actual transmitter

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    The info is sent from the receiver to the transmitter. It is then sent via Bluetooth to your phone. As long as your phone is within 40-50 ft of the transmitter, you will get the telemetry data no matter how far away the vehicle is. As long as it is within range of the actual transmitter
    You're are right mate, I made a mistake in my response.