RC poster

Parallel my 3s lipos?

Anyone tried to parallel 2 3s lipos?
    I know I could go get 2 2s and run series but I already have the 3s.
    It's just a thought on saving me from busting part as often.
    Maybe get a lil more run time but less power?
    Thanks Andy

RC Qualifier
    Yea of course you would get longer run times and less power but 3S just isn't enough for the ERBE to run on.

RC poster
    So I guess another trip to the hobby shop and run 4s, I can't seem to keep this thing together. I really don't pound on it, tried self control, torque control, slipper adjustments etc and all it does is bust axle after axle, now have the mips in the rear and summits in the front but don't dare drive it until I back off power.

3s is enough... it is the amps needed to keep the ESC happy. But it will be a bit slow for most pep......
    more volts more speed and power.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I'm pretty happy with 4S and 18/54 gearing...

RC poster
    hi, i had the same oroblem with my first big rc (brushless emaxx) its important as a beginner to keep the slipper on the loose side, i accidentaly got wd 40 on mine and no problem, slippy and slow but never ever gonna break a drive train component even with a heavy finger lol dnt worry its all a matter of practice now i rarely break parts stock parts are ok too on th erbe havent had bad luck yet with power causing breakage even 6s but i keep slipper just on the loose side with stock parts, now metal upgrades for drivetrain and tighten it up and all go for wheelie madness

RC poster
    dont throw the towel in. dont know if youre new to rc, when i was i was so angry that stuf was breaking, broke all 4 stock driveshafts on my emax, upgraded to mip they had issues. had to glue the little metal bits as well as mega tightening the tiny screws. then rear diff broke. but gota say e-revo brushless im having no issues so far compared to the nigghtmare i had with the brushless emaxx. but part of it is of course down to experiance and throttle control. its like a ferrari, even that wouldnt enjoy being pounded full throttle from a stop. electric engines just pour out torque they have wayyyy more power than nitro/petrol and its also all there whenever u pull the trigger, nitros need to rev up first for example. plus the mamba monster is just a psychotic engine. easy on the gas, patients, take it easy, and unfortunately with a mamba monster, parts will break. traxxas should make steel constant velocity drive shafts stock on mamba monster systems imo. oh and if u can the app and link u can programm acceleration its awesome, i got bluetooth and the app for ipad theres even a preset for loose terrain which sets the punch way down ( little toi much imo) and street. i set it myself like 85 % throttle (or whatever its called) much better. love the app get it! old ipods or iphone 4 fit the plug or bluetooth version, iphone 5 need converter or bluetooth. but well worth it.

RC poster
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm not ready to give up just keep the wife from getting on me for trip after trip to the hobby shop.

RC poster
    pssst... i get my items deliverd to another address so parents dont see. my ex hated it too, go stealth lol. Oh moght be of interest ...some people put stock summit axles ( a touch stronger) and fit e-revo. i was thinkin bout taking a mamba monster system from either erbe or e-maxx temporarily to try it in the summit. theres a youtube vid where a guy runs that setup, looks sweet! but have u tried the Nimh traxxas racepacks? they do ok in my summit, habent i tried in my revo. might be like 3s lipo... actualy i never considered running anythin in parallel, how would you wire that?
    Last edited by taylorlyf3; 11-30-2014 at 02:36 PM.

RC poster
    i cant find an app to run castle link on my mac

might have to call Castle they can help you thru the extra steps to set up Mac.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    that would be sweet man!!!