Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
    You mention "shock pins". Do you know what part number they are? I looked in the parts list, maybe they are under a different name?

Lard4Hire
    Get a spare Traxxas 6834 Suspension Pin Set and some Traxxas 1664 shock pins.... or the Ti ones 1664T (which are x4 the price but seem to not bend when hitting something solid)

They come standard with the big bores and I haven't bent one yet and I beat my truck like it owes me money...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Another thing I was thinking of using after washing it (if I don't want to use a hair dryer for so long) would be electronic cleaner, like I use on my pc. It will take away water and leaves nothing behind. I have heard that using an air compressor is bad because you can blow the water further in, instead of away.

What about the tires? Do you remove them and what about the foam inserts? (or are there foam inserts??)

I will look on ebay for tools. I just want longer, thin-type of drivers to reach into all those narrow areas.

Lard4Hire
    Try Xtreme Kleen, or similar. It helps prevent stuff from sticking to the chassis and let's you just blow it off.

Another thing I was thinking of using after washing it (if I don't want to use a hair dryer for so long) would be electronic cleaner, like I use on my pc. It will take away water and leaves nothing behind. I have heard that using an air compressor is bad because you can blow the water further in, instead of away.

What about the tires? Do you remove them and what about the foam inserts? (or are there foam inserts??)

I will look on ebay for tools. I just want longer, thin-type of drivers to reach into all those narrow areas.

Lard4Hire
    I should have said about using the air compressor for blowing the dirt off before washing...peace

RC Competitor
    Man, I hate UPS!!

Anyway, I was wondering what you folks use to clean bearings and different parts. I understand you want to clean any grease, dirt, gunk, etc. out then add some light petroleum based oil. I would like to get these at places like Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc. because they will be a lot cheaper. Some items people mention I can't even get in Canada.

Let me know what you're using, any suggestions. Man, I have like 3 parcels coming Monday and 1 on Wednesday.

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    Anyone running Pro-Line 2.8" Sand Paws? If so, are you running front and rear or just rear? I would think in the front that would affect steering. I can see these being great in the snow. I was thinking Sand Paws in the back and stock or Trenchers in the front.

Lard4Hire

I think a sick setup would be sand paws in the back and mashers in the front...peace

RC Racer
    not trying to thread jack, I'm also from canada getting my truck ready for winter and want more power, are the spc hard case lipos ok to use in the snow ?

RC Racer
    Anyone running Pro-Line 2.8" Sand Paws? If so, are you running front and rear or just rear? I would think in the front that would affect steering. I can see these being great in the snow. I was thinking Sand Paws in the back and stock or Trenchers in the front.

Lard4Hire
    i have sand paws front and rear they work awesome in the snow, the fronts do hit on the body a bit when turned and hitting bumps but other than that they are awesome

RC Competitor
    I ordered 2 pairs for my P4de. My local hobby shop recommended me to have the same front-rear tires to avoid problems with the diff. He sold a lot of these tires and he never heard about problems with servos.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisiq93 View Post
    not trying to thread jack, I'm also from canada getting my truck ready for winter and want more power, are the spc hard case lipos ok to use in the snow ?
    I can tell you what I have done/learned. I have 3 SPC 5000mah 50C 2S lipos on the way. What I have been told is they work fine in cold weather but may have shortened run times (but not by a ton). It's also a good idea to keep the lipos in a warm pocket while you're outside. This is a great forum, everyone here has been really helpful.

Where in Canada are you from?

Lard4Hire

Try not to get them wet/packed with snow.

If you are going to do a lot of snow running, look into a shroud. It keeps a lot of build up out of the chassis/battery.

RC Qualifier
    LiPo's themselves are sealed, therefore waterproof..... BUT even so, you probably do not want water getting into the hardcase, and no easy way to get out.. So with that being said, on my SPC batteries, i just wrapped the battery case, where the top meets the bottom, with electrical tape, making it more waterproof than it is from stock.

RC Racer
    I can tell you what I have done/learned. I have 3 SPC 5000mah 50C 2S lipos on the way. What I have been told is they work fine in cold weather but may have shortened run times (but not by a ton). It's also a good idea to keep the lipos in a warm pocket while you're outside. This is a great forum, everyone here has been really helpful.

Where in Canada are you from?

Lard4Hire
    thats good to know thanks, i am from ontario

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FMcamaroZ28 View Post
    Try not to get them wet/packed with snow.

If you are going to do a lot of snow running, look into a shroud. It keeps a lot of build up out of the chassis/battery.
    ill look into those plastic shrouds I've seen them before but don't remember what brand they were does anyone have an ebay link for them ? where i use mine we get lots of snow so usually it gets packed in

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ill look into those plastic shrouds I've seen them before but don't remember what brand they were does anyone have an ebay link for them ? where i use mine we get lots of snow so usually it gets packed in
    Search under dusty shrouds

RC Competitor
    This is the one I ordered from Dusty Shrouds. It includes covers for the shocks as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shroud-Cov...item20cf986d65

Lard4Hire

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Hi dude stay away from aluminium screws stick with stock just rub on some dry lube and they won't rust.strc shockcaps are awesome and a bit cheaper than traxxas ones.stock a arms if boiled are tough and don't sag like rpm ones.And traxxas does a sweet light bar that fits to the front bumper job done.....peace
    Spenn you said to boil the a-arms to make them stronger ??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Spenn you said to boil the a-arms to make them stronger ??
    Ya I was curious about this myself. What kind spices do you add? Maybe it would be better to fry them in a tempura batter

Lard4Hire

It makes the plastic more forgiving in the situation of a tree or pole jumping out on you lol😜 and curry powder is the spice of choice...peace

RC Competitor
    Ok so I have my iCharger 208B and my eFuel 12-18v adjustable 30A power supply and I want to balance charge my SPC 5000mah lipos. The charger came with a balance charge board that can do 1 2S lipo at a time. I have 2 probably dumb questions:

1) What voltage do I set the power supply to? I want to charge at 2C like SPC says, so that's 10 amps on the charger settings as well?

2) I connect the lipo to the balance board but do I need to connect the Traxxas plug as well? If so, can I get a banana to Traxxas plug cable to connect to the iCharger? Or do I need something else? If that's the plug I need can you reccomend a good place to get it? Also, are there balance boards that would let me charge 2-3 of these lipos at once?

I ordered mounted Pro-Line Mashers for the front of the Stampede and mounted Sand Paws for the back from a Canadian site. They have shipped the Mashers but the Paws won't be in until January so I might look elsewhere for them.

Lard4Hire

You typically don't set the voltage on the power supply, but yours seems to be. the 208b will go from 4.5-32V. Set it 18V then.

1) Yes 2C would be 10 amps. If you aren't in a rush I would recommend just setting it for 1C, 5 amps. You may see more cycles from the battery this way.

2) Yes you need to connect both the traxxas plug and the balance board for this much power. You can get a plug to do this, its the traxxas part #TRA2933 for about $6, any local hobby shop or even amazon has them.

2a) yes there are balance boards to do what you are asking. They are called Parallel Charge boards (also available from amazon) for about $25. They require all batteries to be the same cell count when charging. You should do some reading on parallel charge boards before jumping into this though, but it essentially works like this:

For example i have 4x8000 mah batteries, all the same, and I can charge them with that board at theoretically 32A. You would just add up the mah and that would equal your charge rate in amps. So, a 5000, a 6000 and an 8000 (all 2s) could be all connected to the board and charged at 19A. Since i like to charge at 1C.

The max amps on your charger is 20A.

With batteries, no questions are dumb.
    Last edited by FMcamaroZ28; 12-12-2014 at 07:48 AM.

RC Competitor
    You typically don't set the voltage on the power supply, but yours seems to be. the 208b will go from 4.5-32V. Set it 18V then.

1) Yes 2C would be 10 amps. If you aren't in a rush I would recommend just setting it for 1C, 5 amps. You may see more cycles from the battery this way.

2) Yes you need to connect both the traxxas plug and the balance board for this much power. You can get a plug to do this, its the traxxas part #TRA2933 for about $6, any local hobby shop or even amazon has them.

2a) yes there are balance boards to do what you are asking. They are called Parallel Charge boards (also available from amazon) for about $25. They require all batteries to be the same cell count when charging. You should do some reading on parallel charge boards before jumping into this though, but it essentially works like this:

For example i have 4x8000 mah batteries, all the same, and I can charge them with that board at theoretically 32A. You would just add up the mah and that would equal your charge rate in amps. So, a 5000, a 6000 and an 8000 (all 2s) could be all connected to the board and charged at 19A. Since i like to charge at 1C.

The max amps on your charger is 20A.

With batteries, no questions are dumb.

Thanks for the great answers. I found the Traxxas cable I need at an LHS for $10 so I am going to pick that up today. The other thing is, if I used a parallel board, how would I connect the Traxxas cables then? I guess I would need some adapter to 'daisy chain' them together?

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for the great answers. I found the Traxxas cable I need at an LHS for $10 so I am going to pick that up today. The other thing is, if I used a parallel board, how would I connect the Traxxas cables then? I guess I would need some adapter to 'daisy chain' them together?

Lard4Hire
    Some para boards has the power connectors on it. Some can charge 4 batts some 6. I'm searching for a powerful charger myself lol. It's boiling down to a 24v PS a Icharger 406 duo and 2 para boards v3.
    Google para boards v3 and you'll see what I mean by connecting the batteries
    I dunno if it will fit your charger or not. I'm new to the powerful charging systems I still have some learning to do. Jimmy neutron helped me out ALOT
    Last edited by Er33; 12-12-2014 at 11:02 AM.

RC Qualifier

Lard4Hire
    get this.

http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v2-xh-traxxas.html

or better still this.

http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v3-...connector.html

The one that thedoc listed is similar to the one i have. the traxxas connectors run up the middle and the balance plugs run along the sides.

Works quite well.

This site is a good read before you buy anything.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/paral...-charging.html
    Last edited by FMcamaroZ28; 12-12-2014 at 03:09 PM.

RC Competitor

That second one looks especially good. I will have to look into these.

Lard4Hire

I can't say it often enough: be careful with parallel charging and only connect batteries that have the same voltage. If you connect an almost full one and an almost empty one, you might get serious trouble because the full one will charge the empty one with an uncontrolled amount of current.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That second one looks especially good. I will have to look into these.

Lard4Hire
    Yep that's the one I'm going with. Seems much easier that way.

Now that's a sweet piece of kit guy's I think I need to upgrade my charger and power supplymine's almost ready for the museum LOL...peace

RC Competitor
    I took the Stampede out for it's maiden snow run (finally got around to it!)

I tried it with the included battery and it was great. THEN I switched to the SPC lipos and WOW!! This thing is cool!! I really need to get sand paws though because the stock tires don't get much traction. Still tons of fun!!

I cleaned it off with my handheld shower then I tried drying it using my new heatgun. That is getting returned. The hair dryer worked way better.

Fun day!

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    What tires did you use? Do you try the sand paw? Yesterday it was my first big run in the snow and the Sand paw are awesome. Me and my sons used the Paws, the Mashers and the Maxx 2.8 tires and all of them are great. Sand paw are the best.
    I also tried the Jconcept overtray. No more snow in the chassis. Much easier to clean and with my fans, temp is still around 100-120 degrees after two full packs.

Quote Originally Posted by joss789 View Post
    What tires did you use? Do you try the sand paw? Yesterday it was my first big run in the snow and the Sand paw are awesome. Me and my sons used the Paws, the Mashers and the Maxx 2.8 tires and all of them are great. Sand paw are the best.
    I also tried the Jconcept overtray. No more snow in the chassis. Much easier to clean and with my fans, temp is still around 100-120 degrees after two full packs.
    Those temps are awesome for running a overtray dude and it sounds like you have found your perfect snow tyre...peace

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by joss789 View Post

I have a shroud coming from Dusty Motors, that should help keep a lot of stuff out and keep things running cool. I also have Sand Paws coming I will use on the back and Mashers I will use on the front.

Lard4Hire

Hey, the paraboard from BuddyRC (http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v3-...connector.html) does it plug directly into the balance port on the iCharger 208B? Are those type of plugs universal? I can't tell from the specs. I emailed them, but they haven't gotten back to me and I wanted to see if anyone here would know.

Thanks.

Lard4Hire
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Seeing how you are in Canada, are you familiar with the www.greathobbies.com website? I order a lot of stuff from there, including LiPos, and for orders over $100 it is free shipping which is Canada Post Expedited Ground Service (which is amazing...3-4 days delivery!) or you can pay to get it overnight.

Lots of Traxxas parts there

Yes they are a standard JST-XH balance plug that will plug into most chargers, including the 208B

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz68 View Post
    Seeing how you are in Canada, are you familiar with the www.greathobbies.com website? I order a lot of stuff from there, including LiPos, and for orders over $100 it is free shipping which is Canada Post Expedited Ground Service (which is amazing...3-4 days delivery!) or you can pay to get it overnight.

Lots of Traxxas parts there

That's where I ordered my Stampede and a few other things. I have no loyalty to any vendor, I go where they have the best prices and in stock. But GH is good.

Lard4Hire

Yes they are a standard JST-XH balance plug that will plug into most chargers, including the 208B
    Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Now off to buy....

Lard4Hire

Ok, I had sent an email to BuddyRC about that paraboard. They say it does not support SPC lipos. How can that be? Has anyone here used it with an SPC? The board description says it has JST-XH plugs, and the SPC lipos have JST XH3. Is there a difference?

Lard4Hire
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok, I had sent an email to BuddyRC about that paraboard. They say it does not support SPC lipos. How can that be? Has anyone here used it with an SPC? The board description says it has JST-XH plugs, and the SPC lipos have JST XH3. Is there a difference?

Lard4Hire
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's the same connector. The number at the end only represents how many wires there is. So on 2s it'll be XH3 3s will be XH4 and so on most companies don't use that number at the end which is why buddy rc is saying that. They may think it's a different type of connector

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's the same connector. The number at the end only represents how many wires there is. So on 2s it'll be XH3 3s will be XH4 and so on most companies don't use that number at the end which is why buddy rc is saying that. They may think it's a different type of connector
    That makes sense. I figured it was something like that. Thanks.

Lard4Hire

ParaBoard v3 works fine with a friend's Powerlab 6 and SPC 2S 8200 packs.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast