Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Well, I got my Paraboard V3. I wanted to ask, I can use it to charge up to 4 - 2S lipos, can you also do a storage charge with that number?

Lard4Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
    Well, I got my Paraboard V3. I wanted to ask, I can use it to charge up to 4 - 2S lipos, can you also do a storage charge with that number?
    A ParaBoard causes the charger to see the four batteries as one large battery. It changes no capabilities of the charger. If your charger has a storage mode, the ParaBoard will not change that.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    A ParaBoard causes the charger to see the four batteries as one large battery. It changes no capabilities of the charger. If your charger has a storage mode, the ParaBoard will not change that.

Ok, cool. Looks like something might be broken or disconnected on the Stamp after running today. Steering on the right isn't working. Cleaned tonight but won't be able to work on it until at least tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Bashing!!!

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    I got my Paraboard but the connector is wrong for my iCharger. It's the wrong size. Now I gotta try and find a different cable or adapter.

Lard4Hire

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-24-2014 at 09:12 AM.

What do you mean?

http://www.progressiverc.com/catalog...12/image/2579/

That picture shows a standard JST-XH balance port

I'm sorry if that's incorrect, that is what i used to answer your question.

What does the paraboard come with?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FMcamaroZ28 View Post
    What do you mean?

http://www.progressiverc.com/catalog...12/image/2579/

That picture shows a standard JST-XH balance port

I'm sorry if that's incorrect, that is what i used to answer your question.

What does the paraboard come with?

Ya, if you look at the pic of the iCharger, it has 9 pins I see. The BuddyRC paraboard has 7 pins. If you look at the pic and zoom in, you can see 7 pins. Here it is: http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v3-...connector.html. I was quite surprised by that. Now I need an adapter or something.

Edit: I think I found what I needed. I emailed them to be sure: http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-bal...-for-208b.html

Lard4Hire
    Last edited by Lard4Hire; 12-24-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: I like stuff.

Oh. I would just make sure its lined up and push it in.

It will work fine. Keep the black wire in the negative slot.

You can even trim the edge off the top keyed plastic if you want it to fit better.

OR buy the $2 cable.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FMcamaroZ28 View Post
    Oh. I would just make sure its lined up and push it in.

It will work fine. Keep the black wire in the negative slot.

You can even trim the edge off the top keyed plastic if you want it to fit better.

OR buy the $2 cable.

Ya, support just replied with "trim off tab on the balance plug above the positive side and slide it all the way over to the negative side on the charger. Or you can get the balance board and it will work fine", so same thing.

Thanks.

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    Well, be patient with me. I need to identify a part and I am not good with the terminology, so here goes...

I can steer to the left bug not right after hitting a pole. I checked and there is a small plastic part that connects the steering from both sides together. It's a simple little part but I can't find it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

As always, any help appreciated.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, be patient with me. I need to identify a part and I am not good with the terminology, so here goes...

I can steer to the left bug not right after hitting a pole. I checked and there is a small plastic part that connects the steering from both sides together. It's a simple little part but I can't find it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

As always, any help appreciated.

Lard4Hire
    Bell crank. Is that what your talking about. Or servo horn comes off the servo.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Bell crank. Is that what your talking about. Or servo horn comes off the servo.
    This is so frustrating because I don't know the names of any of these parts. Looking at the parts list and the exploded views gives me a headache! I tried to look online for some clear pictures of that area, but nothing detailed enough.

There are the 2 arms that connect to the wheels that cause them to turn, in other words to steer. This part that broke is made of plastic and connects both of those rods together in the center, I think under the servo. It's about 2 inches long, has a hole at each end that a screw goes through to connect it to the steering arms. It's narrow and black.

If I can, I will try to post a picture, but my camera bites.

Lard4Hire

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe your talking about the turnbuckles?

This is so frustrating because I don't know the names of any of these parts. Looking at the parts list and the exploded views gives me a headache! I tried to look online for some clear pictures of that area, but nothing detailed enough.

There are the 2 arms that connect to the wheels that cause them to turn, in other words to steer. This part that broke is made of plastic and connects both of those rods together in the center, I think under the servo. It's about 2 inches long, has a hole at each end that a screw goes through to connect it to the steering arms. It's narrow and black.

If I can, I will try to post a picture, but my camera bites.

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroMaxx74 View Post
    Maybe your talking about the turnbuckles?

I looked at some pictures online and I THINK it's the camber link. Does that sound right?

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    I looked at some pictures online and I THINK it's the camber link. Does that sound right?

Lard4Hire

EDIT: I just looked at a video and the guy called it a "center arm". Does that sound right? If that's it, is it sold on it's own?

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    EDIT: I just looked at a video and the guy called it a "center arm". Does that sound right? If that's it, is it sold on it's own?

Lard4Hire
    Ok here's a few pics this one is the bottom of truck in it you'll see servo, servo horn, the linkage connecting the servo horn to the bell crank

In the next pic you'll see the steer linkage or toe turnbuckle, camber link both also call turnbuckles and also where the steer linkage connects to the bell crank

Last pic is kinda like first pic but more angled to see the bell crank

Hope this helps
    Edit: here's one its aluminum but this pic shows the whole bell crank there's a piece that connects both sides on mine you can barly see the "S" it's under the front diff center shaft gear
    Last edited by Er33; 12-29-2014 at 10:35 AM.

RC Competitor
    I am confused. I don't know how to post pictures here. At the bottom of the screen it says "You may not post attachments". Why is that??

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am confused. I don't know how to post pictures here. At the bottom of the screen it says "You may not post attachments". Why is that??

Lard4Hire
    Lol I have the same thing on mine. I use picture trail to post now. I use to use tapatalk but some reason it's not allowing me to join this forum. There's also photobucket you can use

I hate how I have to post pics now. Take a pic send it to pic trail then have to go into mailbox then have to add to my pic folder then I can go to URL of the pics in my box copy then paste here. Tapatalk was easy. Go to tapatalk go to what thread I want to send. And either I could take a pic then or pick one out of my phones pics add and send
    Last edited by Er33; 12-29-2014 at 04:06 PM.

from what I have read so far it sounds like the center arm (the one with the S in the pic) and I believe that it comes with the bell crank assy. Am I correct Er33 or did you purchase your STRC one separately?
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    from what I have read so far it sounds like the center arm (the one with the S in the pic) and I believe that it comes with the bell crank assy. Am I correct Er33 or did you purchase your STRC one separately?
    It comes with the kit either the traxxas kit or even my strc kit.
    And that's what it sounds like to me as well. At least in how he's describing it. Plastic 2in long if it was a turnbuckle I think he'd describe it as plastic ends with a shiny chrome rod in between.

Lard4Hire
    In this pic does any of the parts you are looking for look like it.
    Last edited by Er33; 12-29-2014 at 06:44 PM.

RC Competitor
    It comes with the kit either the traxxas kit or even my strc kit.
    And that's what it sounds like to me as well. At least in how he's describing it. Plastic 2in long if it was a turnbuckle I think he'd describe it as plastic ends with a shiny chrome rod in between.

In this pic does any of the parts you are looking for look like it.

From the image, the part number 3967 is the screws, but that piece they go into is what I need. Here are 2 pictures to help using Photo Bucket (hope this works!):

Let me know what you think. If it is that part, is it not available separately rather than buying a whole kit?

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    From the image, the part number 3967 is the screws, but that piece they go into is what I need. Here are 2 pictures to help using Photo Bucket (hope this works!):

Let me know what you think. If it is that part, is it not available separately rather than buying a whole kit?

Lard4Hire
    Ok yea that part is in the whole kit not sold seperate. So since you have to get a kit 2 options and its up to you. Go ahead and buy the traxxas one tra6845. Or an aluminum version of it. Like the one I have STRC. They have different colors

RC Competitor
    Ok yea that part is in the whole kit not sold seperate. So since you have to get a kit 2 options and its up to you. Go ahead and buy the traxxas one tra6845. Or an aluminum version of it. Like the one I have STRC. They have different colors

Ya, I think I will stick to my original plan for the Stampede which was when something breaks, replace it with the upgraded, stronger version (if budget allows).

Thanks to all for your help. I will let you know what happens. My Proline Sand Paws arrived today, but of course the truck is down. Not the end of the world because it's very cold here right now anyway.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ya, I think I will stick to my original plan for the Stampede which was when something breaks, replace it with the upgraded, stronger version (if budget allows).

Thanks to all for your help. I will let you know what happens. My Proline Sand Paws arrived today, but of course the truck is down. Not the end of the world because it's very cold here right now anyway.

Lard4Hire
    Yea cold sucks parts break easy. Yesturday had two trucks break both front and rear bumpers tbone ones and the third truck broke the rear A arm and also the center of the revolver rim. Lol now this is a break

RC Competitor

Do you know the model # for that kit from STRC? I found 2 of them:

Is it http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=580 or is it http://www.amain.com/st-racing-conce...-compatibility

I would be more interested in the aluminum one because of durability and it's not insanely expensive.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you know the model # for that kit from STRC? I found 2 of them:

Is it http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=580 or is it

I would be more interested in the aluminum one because of durability and it's not insanely expensive.

Lard4Hire
    It would be the first one. The 6845r.

RC Competitor
    Yea cold sucks parts break easy. Yesturday had two trucks break both front and rear bumpers tbone ones and the third truck broke the rear A arm and also the center of the revolver rim. Lol now this is a break

Man, what did you hit, Superman!!?? That is some break!!

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    It would be the first one. The 6845r.

Did you order from STRC or get is somewhere else? I want to get the red ones because I have red aluminum shock caps and want to try to stick with the theme.

Lard4Hire

Wow you are the king of carnage bro what did you hit....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you order from STRC or get is somewhere else? I want to get the red ones because I have red aluminum shock caps and want to try to stick with the theme.

Lard4Hire
    My LHS which they get theirs from tower hobbies or horizon and I pay what either website shows. So I know they don't mark it up higher then what I can buy straight from Internet. Plus no shipping charges. So if I ever get parts I look on either website and give them that part number.

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Wow you are the king of carnage bro what did you hit....peace
    Lol. That was on my 11yr olds slash mt. He clipped the edge of a driveway as him and I was racing
    Last edited by Er33; 12-30-2014 at 02:24 PM.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=Er33;5802576]My LHS which they get theirs from tower hobbies or horizon and I pay what either website shows. So I know they don't mark it up higher then what I can buy straight from Internet. Plus no shipping charges. So if I ever get parts I look on either website and give them that part number.

I just looked it up and my LHS has it, will only cost me like $0.93 cents more and I can get it right now. Sweet!

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I just looked it up and my LHS has it, will only cost me like $0.93 cents more and I can get it right now. Sweet!

Lard4Hire

Good deal. Just make sure when you put it together you set the servo saver just right. It's not like the stock one that has a clip or keeper where the spring is. The strc has a threaded style you still use your stock spring. How I did mine was put the stock one next to new one and compared height.

RC Competitor
    Well, I would like to get some bumper advice form y'all for the Stampede 4X4 VXL. I have seen the RPM wide bumper and I see that T-Bone has one as well. I also see aluminum ones but that makes no sense as a bumper has to have some give.

So, what's your opinion? I have heard the RPM is good and strong, but can crack where it connects. I have heard the T-Bone doesn't crack, but is softer and may have less protection. Anyone have either of these? I would love to hear your experiences with them, because a wide bumper would be very good protection I would think.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, I would like to get some bumper advice form y'all for the Stampede 4X4 VXL. I have seen the RPM wide bumper and I see that T-Bone has one as well. I also see aluminum ones but that makes no sense as a bumper has to have some give.

So, what's your opinion? I have heard the RPM is good and strong, but can crack where it connects. I have heard the T-Bone doesn't crack, but is softer and may have less protection. Anyone have either of these? I would love to hear your experiences with them, because a wide bumper would be very good protection I would think.

Lard4Hire
    Well the T bone does crack depending on the impact but I dunno about RPM but if you break the T bone send a pic in and they send a new one free of charge no questions asked. Well at least they didn't ask me how mine broke

I have the RPM for the front and I use a slash rear bumper for the back.

Has been working great for me. No cracks or anything yet.

I run the RPM Slash front bumper. From looking at some pics it looks like a lot of others do also.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Competitor
    I decided to go with the T-Bone Wide Basher front bumper:

http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-N-Z/T...4x4-p1526.html

I got the optional black nylon servo guard as well. More expensive than the RPM bumper but it's HUGE, looks cool and their warranty replacement is awesome, don't even have to send them the broken one.

Nice surprise was that PayPal had deposited my cashback money so I didn't have to pay a thing!!

It will be a while before it gets here, but I will let you guys know how it works out.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I decided to go with the T-Bone Wide Basher front bumper:

http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-N-Z/T...4x4-p1526.html

I got the optional black nylon servo guard as well. More expensive than the RPM bumper but it's HUGE, looks cool and their warranty replacement is awesome, don't even have to send them the broken one.

Nice surprise was that PayPal had deposited my cashback money so I didn't have to pay a thing!!

It will be a while before it gets here, but I will let you guys know how it works out.

Lard4Hire
    Yes they are huge here's a comparison

You can see top is a normal front bumper compared to the wide one

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Put holes on the outside of the tires and seal up the ones in the rims. If i rinse it with clean water I usually won't have an issue letting it air dry. The heat gun (not the hair dryer) will dry it off in a couple minutes otherwise.
    I am going to vent my tires (need to find time for all the little things that need doing!)

Now, you said that you sealed up the holes in the rims. How did you go about that? I think I will use a heated hanger to poke holes in the tires, I don't relish using a drill because I might snag the foam. Also, do you suggest 2, 3 or 4 holes?

Lard4Hire

I would start with just two holes at 180 degrees apart and see how it works out just because the more holes the weaker the tyre imo....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I would start with just two holes at 180 degrees apart and see how it works out just because the more holes the weaker the tyre imo....peace
    Yes, but would you block the holes in the wheels?

Lard4Hire

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast