Yes if you run in wet conditions a lot of the time dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Yes if you run in wet conditions a lot of the time dude....peace

Cool, thanks.

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    Can anyone recommend foams to use for the stock Stampede tires? Also, can you use the same foams for all tires? I may need them for my Pro-Line mashers as well.

Lard4Hire

I would use the 2.8" proline closed cell foams they are awesome at keeping tires from ballooning like the standard foams and don't absorb water as much too..peace

RC Competitor
    I would use the 2.8" proline closed cell foams they are awesome at keeping tires from ballooning like the standard foams and don't absorb water as much too..peace
    Is this the ones you are talking about? http://prolineracing.com/foam/2.8-closed-cell-foam/

It says they fit the Pro-line Mashers and Sand Paws (which I have) but will it fit the stock Stampede Talon tires as well?

Lard4Hire

You should have no problems dude...peace

RC Competitor
    You should have no problems dude...peace
    Good deal. I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for something. I can't believe I am having so much trouble finding this. I have my 3 SPC lipos with JST XH connectors for the charging and Traxxas connectors for the power. I have my Paraboard V3 and what I wanted was cables to extend the length of both so I can keep my lipos in a safe container and have the wires reach my Paraboard.

I found the JST connectors on Ebay no prob., but I can't seem to to find ones for the TRX plugs. So basically what I want is some cables, about 6 inches long with one end Traxxas male and the other Traxxas female. Then I will plug all of these cables into my Paraboard and leave them, then it's easy to just connect to the 3 lipos to charge at the same time, inside a safe container.

I can find TRX wires to connect to just about any other kind and lots of TRX splitters. But no male to female. Anyone seen these? I don't want to have to make my own if I can just get some.

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
    Good deal. I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for something. I can't believe I am having so much trouble finding this. I have my 3 SPC lipos with JST XH connectors for the charging and Traxxas connectors for the power. I have my Paraboard V3 and what I wanted was cables to extend the length of both so I can keep my lipos in a safe container and have the wires reach my Paraboard.

I found the JST connectors on Ebay no prob., but I can't seem to to find ones for the TRX plugs. So basically what I want is some cables, about 6 inches long with one end Traxxas male and the other Traxxas female. Then I will plug all of these cables into my Paraboard and leave them, then it's easy to just connect to the 3 lipos to charge at the same time, inside a safe container.

I can find TRX wires to connect to just about any other kind and lots of TRX splitters. But no male to female. Anyone seen these? I don't want to have to make my own if I can just get some.

Lard4Hire

Well, I could not find m/f Traxxas cables. The closest I could come was one place that would custom make them for almost $60 US for 4 cables (I wanted an extra). So instead I ordered plugs and wire, plus extras for WAY cheaper and will try my hand at building them myself. Wish me luck!

Lard4Hire

Battery Help/Advice

Go for it. It's not that difficult. These were bare wires:
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Go for it. It's not that difficult. These were bare wires:

That looks pretty cool. Nice job, looks factory. Mine will be pretty easy I think in that I don't have to modify the batteries or paraboard, just create extension cables. So if I mess up when soldering I will just bin what is ruined and start a new one. That's why I bought extras!

It will be a while before it all arrives, will let you know how it all works out.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Have you been on their website. I don't know if you know this but spc puts a number after jst xh to represent the number of cells

Lard4Hire

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Have you been on their website. I don't know if you know this but spc puts a number after jst xh to represent the number of cells
    No, I don't believe that number has to do with the number of cells in the battery, that is just the version of the plug. The ones I bought said "JST XH3" and these are 2 cell batteries. It doesn't matter because the number doesn't mean anything in this case.

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Battery Help/Advice

No, I don't believe that number has to do with the number of cells in the battery, that is just the version of the plug. The ones I bought said "JST XH3" and these are 2 cell batteries. It doesn't matter because the number doesn't mean anything in this case.

Lard4Hire
    Actually it represents the number of cells. I've called Tom already about it. Cause someone was having same problem and called rc buddy about their para boards and gave them the spc plug. I and this was before I got my new charging system and I wanted to make sure his batteries was the same as others

How about something like this then add the other connector on the end. Less work this is what I have
    Last edited by Er33; 01-26-2015 at 10:44 AM.

RC Competitor
    Actually it represents the number of cells. I've called Tom already about it. Cause someone was having same problem and called rc buddy about their para boards and gave them the spc plug. I and this was before I got my new charging system and I wanted to make sure his batteries was the same as others

How about something like this then add the other connector on the end. Less work this is what I have

Well, what I have read about charging cables like this is that it is 1 wire for every cell, plus a wire. So 2 cells = 3 wire, 3 equals 4 wires, etc. That seems to be the case with my paraboard as the 2 cell slots are 3 wire, the 3 cell are 4 wire, etc.

As far as getting that cable, it was cheaper and not a lot more work for me to just get the wire and plugs. Assuming I don't screw it up!

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, what I have read about charging cables like this is that it is 1 wire for every cell, plus a wire. So 2 cells = 3 wire, 3 equals 4 wires, etc. That seems to be the case with my paraboard as the 2 cell slots are 3 wire, the 3 cell are 4 wire, etc.

As far as getting that cable, it was cheaper and not a lot more work for me to just get the wire and plugs. Assuming I don't screw it up!

Lard4Hire
    Yep top part is right. From what I've seen SPC is the only ones that adds the number of wires after their style plug. That's what I meant to say it represents the number of wires.
    I've opened one of my 3s packs that was bad and to see where and how these balance wires are connected at. Cause I was kinda having a brain fart on how you get voltage from series connection from each cell. Then I was like DUH these balance wires aren't touching each other lol

But as for your parts I hear you. I hate soldering big gauge wire.

RC Competitor
    Yep top part is right. From what I've seen SPC is the only ones that adds the number of wires after their style plug. That's what I meant to say it represents the number of wires.
    I've opened one of my 3s packs that was bad and to see where and how these balance wires are connected at. Cause I was kinda having a brain fart on how you get voltage from series connection from each cell. Then I was like DUH these balance wires aren't touching each other lol

But as for your parts I hear you. I hate soldering big gauge wire.

I'm just gonna take it slow. Lots to do. On another note, I got my T-Bone Basher bumper and servo guard. That bumper looks awesome and very strong. When I place an order online if they have that spot where you can add a note for the shipper I always put "Send something free. Literally anything" just to see what happens. One place even sent me a small package of fruit chews. T-Bone sent me a set of 2 red shock springs. Neat!

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm just gonna take it slow. Lots to do. On another note, I got my T-Bone Basher bumper and servo guard. That bumper looks awesome and very strong. When I place an order online if they have that spot where you can add a note for the shipper I always put "Send something free. Literally anything" just to see what happens. One place even sent me a small package of fruit chews. T-Bone sent me a set of 2 red shock springs. Neat!

Lard4Hire
    Lol that's funny. But it's awesome they sent you something.
    That bumper is huge bad thing for me is I broke mine ready. I've decided if the temps are below 40f I'm not running the trucks or at least not doing jumps. Tends to break things fast

RC Competitor
    Lol that's funny. But it's awesome they sent you something.
    That bumper is huge bad thing for me is I broke mine ready. I've decided if the temps are below 40f I'm not running the trucks or at least not doing jumps. Tends to break things fast

That's the great thing though. Apparently just email them a picture and they will send a replacement free because it has a lifetime warranty!

Lard4Hire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's the great thing though. Apparently just email them a picture and they will send a replacement free because it has a lifetime warranty!

Lard4Hire
    Yea that's one thing I like about them. Free replacement no questions asked just a pic of the damage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234