Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Found a rear hinge pin block by Hot Racing:
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=LCF09A01;c=805

I love this build

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    OK, I just moved my receiver box... again. I want to run my BackSlash body on my rig, but when the receiver is mounted up front, it sits way too high.

It's still a little high, but it is more back and slightly centered. Enough where it can work with the body. Now I have to figure out how to paint it!

Still not 100% if I like it there, but it will do for now...
    How'd you mount the receiver box like that on top of the servo? Is that made by traxxas?

I finally mounted my MMX!

I started by cutting, bending, drilling tapping, scuffing, and painting a couple of brackets:

I had to hack the heck out of the Traxxas MM2 mounting bracket to make it fit, but it came out OK.
    I decided to keep the power switch on the MMX. I'll just cut it off and solder the wires if/when it goes bad.

Now the only problem I have is with my Field Link Programmer. The one for my MM2 does not work on the MMX! I want to change some of the default settings on the MMX. Guess it's time to contact Castle Creations and find out if I need an undated Filed Link Programmer, or if something else is wrong...
    Do you have dimensions of the esc and receiver bracket you made? I need to make one. Please and thank you.

Sorry, but I never measured it. I just make a template out of paper and transfer the cuts, bends, and hole placements with a Sharpie and go to town with a Dremmel, file, and drills!

Good luck!

RC Racer
    Sorry, but I never measured it. I just make a template out of paper and transfer the cuts, bends, and hole placements with a Sharpie and go to town with a Dremmel, file, and drills!

Good luck!
    Rpm 73622 - ESC Cage works well with a few miner modifications. It will sit a little forward from Squeegie's build and mounts to existing holes if someone does not have the resources to build one them selves.
    Last edited by Forrest; 04-26-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Rpm 73622 - ESC Cage works well with a few miner modifications. It will sit a little forward from Squeegie's build and mounts to existing holes if someone does not have the resources to build one them selves.
    Thank you. But i was talking about the receiver bracket that Squeegie made. Im going to be mounting my receiver box above the servo just like Squeegie. Heres a question do you or does anyone know if the hobbywing xr8 plus esc fits in the RPM mamba monster esc cage?

I don't know how hot your servo gets, but you might get away with just using servo tape and sticking your Rx box directly to the servo (maybe thin strips of servo tape to let air pass through it?).

I don't know how hot your servo gets, but you might get away with just using servo tape and sticking your Rx box directly to the servo (maybe thin strips of servo tape to let air pass through it?).
    It's the stock servo that comes with the traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate 68077-4. I was thinking that to. I've already ordered the receiver box from the traxxas Ford gt, cause ive researched it and the receiver box is on top of the servo in that model. I figured it couldn't hurt to see if that'll work. If not im going to make my own just like. Its not hard. I already have different thicknesses of sheet metal and polycarbonate sheets. I had to make custume brackets for both my p4des. So it's not my first rodeo. Lol. You've definitely come up with some great ideas and mods.

Thanks and good luck with your ideas.
    Keep us posted on how things work out for you!

I just read the entire thread. Thanks a lot for all the info. Really appreciated HQ photos as well.

Just a big wow, that truck is sick! Definitely drew a lot of inspiration from this!

Bored, so I added some rear lights, window nets, radiator, and painted the fire extinguisher. Probably lose the rear bumper too. Will keep enough to have a place to secure the sway bar though. Or get the RPM rear bumper, and just use the top piece....

Put one of the trencher tires on the back....didn't look too good, (WAY too big) so I took it back off.

Lookin’ great!

Makes me want to work more on my plain Jane cage...

LOL...nothing "plain" about that bad boy. Its sleek, clean, and incredible looking!

I like your rear lights much better, but faced with $55.00 vs $8.00, I went with the $8.00 (do plan to put the KOH lights on my bomber eventually)

Oops! I just remembered another mod I installed but didn't take a pic of... STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Multi-Piece Steering Bellcrank set (Gun Metal).

For those that have installed it, how tight do you have your servo saver screwed down?

Also, does anyone agree with this guy regarding the stock plastic piece (bellcrank horn)?

Hey Squeegie! Now that I'm on my own little shopping spree, I'd appreciate some advice

How do you like the STRC bellcrank? And I was also intrigued by the video you mentioned. Did you find what that guy said about binding issues to be true? Did you use the plastic piece?

Thanks in advance!

I installed it as the instructions said and have had no problems as of yet. I have the STRC kit on both of my Slashes.

I would like to try the Hot Racing kit as well, but have had no problems and cannot justify getting it for no reason.

Have fun!

I installed it as the instructions said and have had no problems as of yet. I have the STRC kit on both of my Slashes.

I would like to try the Hot Racing kit as well, but have had no problems and cannot justify getting it for no reason.

Have fun!
    Thanks for the reply! Mine is now on the way!

RC Racer
    How well do those tires hold up to power? The trenchers I think they are?. I have 2200kv on 4s. Would they explode?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post
    How well do those tires hold up to power? The trenchers I think they are?. I have 2200kv on 4s. Would they explode?

Proline now makes belted trenchers that don't balloon under power.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

They hold up fine so far. I tape all my tires (except my G-Locs and BSR foams) before mounting them.
    I rarely use my 4S battery.

As MaXDee daid, they now have belted Trenchers.

RC Racer
    They hold up fine so far. I tape all my tires (except my G-Locs and BSR foams) before mounting them.
    I rarely use my 4S battery.

As MaXDee daid, they now have belted Trenchers.
    Pricey. $73 a pair

RC Enthusiast
    I've enjoyed reading through this thread. It goes back a loooong way and many of the pictures and links don't work anymore, but the idea is there. I traded a RedCat Gen 7 Pro crawler for a Slash 4X4 that is loaded with many RPM and Castle goodies. I think it has a HCG chassis and I know from the pics that it has motor and ESC fans that point to the side. I'll have to see what kind of body choices I have (it'll be here later today). Who knows, I may be doing a Yeti version of a buggy. Maybe I'm wording my searches wrong, but I just don't come up with a Yeti roll cage like I do for the Wraith and SCX10. Squeegie, I also don't find the Rally roll cage you mentioned.
    I too will be doing a lot of driving/ bashing on turf. Here, that means fescues, etc. that I keep almost 3" tall. Have you guys had problems with clearance on backslashes you've done? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the Traxxas forums!

Congrats on your purchase. Can't wait for you to get it and start driving it. Once you do, you will know what you need for how you drive and where you drive.

Just did a quick search for the "Axial 1/10 yeti cage" and didn't see any in stock. Keep trying and you'll eventually find one.

As for the Rally cage, it's by VG Racing. I just looked at their website and don't see it there any more. If you really need one, give Dan a call at VG Racing. Maybe he still has some in stock in their store.

Good luck and have fun!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to have to go through this thing and straighten things out. It isn't exactly pristine.

RC poster
    Hey squeejie what kind of metal did you use I seen you said brass but how thick?

RC poster
    On the mmx bracket you had made

In all honesty, I don’t remember.
    It was some brass plate by K&S that was at my LHS.
    Sorry.

RC Racer
    Mr Squeegie: do you have any uppdates on this project? Your builds is very uniqe and clean. I have read this tread some times but dont remember, did you have 2 slash 4x4 that was custum built?

I have currently have 2 Slash 4x4s, a Mini E-Revo, and my OG E-Maxx:

1) Slash 4x4 Platinum

As for updates, I am currently running this with my old 2.8 F-11 wheels and Trenchers. I love my Badlands on 3.2 Stablemax Revolvers, but the F-11 has more offset and gives it a more wider/meaner/"squattier" look. I've had MX28 Badlands and 2.8 F-11 unmounted sitting in my parts bin for a long time, but that is for another time.

Yesterday I finally re-wired my ESC and batteries to Castle Creations' 6.5mm connectors.

That's it for now for this build...

2) Slash 4x4 Platinum

This one is currently sitting on the Lock-Up buggy wheels/tires and for fun, I have my mini-me Tundra body sitting on it. It is also somewhat apart internally getting ready to figure out mounting and wiring for my Tekin RX8 Gen3 ESC and 2250kV motor. I am also deciding what gears to put in it since 25/31 was a little too aggressive for street bashing.

Not sure what body to run on it yet. I have plans for a "shelf" body, but that is still in the works. Too many ideas in my head... I wish I had a bunch of rollers for shelf bodies.

3) MERV

4) E-Maxx

Oh... and I got my son a Teton, but he doesn't use it much.

He is more into modding Nerf blasters now.

That's it (other then old Tamiya kits I built in the early 80's).

As for what I want, I kinda want a TRX-4 Sport Kit now. My backyard is too small to let my Slash open up. It's okay for my MERV and son's Teton, but not the big boys. Thinking that a crawler would be fun in the yard. I can make wood obstacles and rock piles to crawl over and not need that much space.

Wishful thinking...

Have fun!

RC Racer
    Squeegie: Those 2 slashes looks badass. I like your creativity on these builds.
    Sounds like you have a nive power system for the number 2 slash.
    About the trx-4, I understand you. much easyer to drive around with limited space, and they looks cool to.

As some have read in another thread, I purchased Pro-Line Hyrax UDR tires and DE Racing 17mm Trinidad S/C wheels. They did not fit. I found later that the UDR tires are unique to UDR wheels. Since that did not fit, I purchased Associated Nomad DB8 tires.

A little update on my basher:

I received the Nomad tires and they fit great, but I liked the Hyrax tires better.

It was difficult to do, but I turned the Hyrax tires inside out. Once flipped, I used my Xacto knife and diagonal cutters are cut up the inner structure of the Hyrax tires. Now it fits! I have not glued them or adjusted the camber on my rig yet, but I thought I'd share some pics of how it looks.

Now, my rig looks more like a rock racer/bouncer:

The tires look so much smaller when on the UDR!

Note: I also ordered more Trinidad wheels so that I can mount the Nomad tires as a back-up.

Have fun!

RC Competitor
    Looks fantastic! Love the rock racer look. Good to see something a little different - Iíll be very interested to see how you get on running them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not planning on running it anytime soon. Local wildfires have had the air smokey for about a week and a half.. if you didn't already wear a mask for Covid-19, you have to wear one now just to breath! I've heard that they don't expect full containment of the file till mid-late October! 2020 has been such a difficult year...

RC Competitor
    Crikey, as if a global pandemic wasnít enough stress to cope with... hope you all stay safe and get through it ok. Hereís hoping 2021 is an improvement over 2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I hope so... with Covid-19, social unrest, wildfires and who know what's next, 2021 could only get better!

RC Competitor
    Thanks. I'll probably just get the stock Pede light kit. Decisions decisions...

I kept the rear fenders on my E-Maxx.

WarBAJR I

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...012856-WarBAJR

You Slash 4x4 guys are much more responsive then the E-Maxx guys.
    Since September 17, 2014, WarBAJR I has had 329 views and 0 replies!
    Looks amazing. Just picked up my kids a SLASH each.

Thank you! You just picked up a bunch of "daddy is awesome" points from your kids!

So I painted up and mounted the Nomad DB8 tires on the Trinity wheels as a backup for my UDR Hyrax setup.

Hyrax (left) and Nomads (right):

The Nomads are softer than the Hyrax, but I like the look of the Hyrax better.

Have fun!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718