Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Found a rear hinge pin block by Hot Racing:
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=LCF09A01;c=805

I love this build

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    OK, I just moved my receiver box... again. I want to run my BackSlash body on my rig, but when the receiver is mounted up front, it sits way too high.

It's still a little high, but it is more back and slightly centered. Enough where it can work with the body. Now I have to figure out how to paint it!

Still not 100% if I like it there, but it will do for now...
    How'd you mount the receiver box like that on top of the servo? Is that made by traxxas?

I finally mounted my MMX!

I started by cutting, bending, drilling tapping, scuffing, and painting a couple of brackets:

I had to hack the heck out of the Traxxas MM2 mounting bracket to make it fit, but it came out OK.
    I decided to keep the power switch on the MMX. I'll just cut it off and solder the wires if/when it goes bad.

Now the only problem I have is with my Field Link Programmer. The one for my MM2 does not work on the MMX! I want to change some of the default settings on the MMX. Guess it's time to contact Castle Creations and find out if I need an undated Filed Link Programmer, or if something else is wrong...
    Do you have dimensions of the esc and receiver bracket you made? I need to make one. Please and thank you.

Sorry, but I never measured it. I just make a template out of paper and transfer the cuts, bends, and hole placements with a Sharpie and go to town with a Dremmel, file, and drills!

Good luck!

RC Racer
    Sorry, but I never measured it. I just make a template out of paper and transfer the cuts, bends, and hole placements with a Sharpie and go to town with a Dremmel, file, and drills!

Good luck!
    Rpm 73622 - ESC Cage works well with a few miner modifications. It will sit a little forward from Squeegie's build and mounts to existing holes if someone does not have the resources to build one them selves.
    Last edited by Forrest; 04-26-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Rpm 73622 - ESC Cage works well with a few miner modifications. It will sit a little forward from Squeegie's build and mounts to existing holes if someone does not have the resources to build one them selves.
    Thank you. But i was talking about the receiver bracket that Squeegie made. Im going to be mounting my receiver box above the servo just like Squeegie. Heres a question do you or does anyone know if the hobbywing xr8 plus esc fits in the RPM mamba monster esc cage?

I don't know how hot your servo gets, but you might get away with just using servo tape and sticking your Rx box directly to the servo (maybe thin strips of servo tape to let air pass through it?).

I don't know how hot your servo gets, but you might get away with just using servo tape and sticking your Rx box directly to the servo (maybe thin strips of servo tape to let air pass through it?).
    It's the stock servo that comes with the traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate 68077-4. I was thinking that to. I've already ordered the receiver box from the traxxas Ford gt, cause ive researched it and the receiver box is on top of the servo in that model. I figured it couldn't hurt to see if that'll work. If not im going to make my own just like. Its not hard. I already have different thicknesses of sheet metal and polycarbonate sheets. I had to make custume brackets for both my p4des. So it's not my first rodeo. Lol. You've definitely come up with some great ideas and mods.

Thanks and good luck with your ideas.
    Keep us posted on how things work out for you!

I just read the entire thread. Thanks a lot for all the info. Really appreciated HQ photos as well.

Just a big wow, that truck is sick! Definitely drew a lot of inspiration from this!

Bored, so I added some rear lights, window nets, radiator, and painted the fire extinguisher. Probably lose the rear bumper too. Will keep enough to have a place to secure the sway bar though. Or get the RPM rear bumper, and just use the top piece....

Put one of the trencher tires on the back....didn't look too good, (WAY too big) so I took it back off.

Lookin’ great!

Makes me want to work more on my plain Jane cage...

LOL...nothing "plain" about that bad boy. Its sleek, clean, and incredible looking!

I like your rear lights much better, but faced with $55.00 vs $8.00, I went with the $8.00 (do plan to put the KOH lights on my bomber eventually)

Oops! I just remembered another mod I installed but didn't take a pic of... STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Multi-Piece Steering Bellcrank set (Gun Metal).

For those that have installed it, how tight do you have your servo saver screwed down?

Also, does anyone agree with this guy regarding the stock plastic piece (bellcrank horn)?

Hey Squeegie! Now that I'm on my own little shopping spree, I'd appreciate some advice

How do you like the STRC bellcrank? And I was also intrigued by the video you mentioned. Did you find what that guy said about binding issues to be true? Did you use the plastic piece?

Thanks in advance!

I installed it as the instructions said and have had no problems as of yet. I have the STRC kit on both of my Slashes.

I would like to try the Hot Racing kit as well, but have had no problems and cannot justify getting it for no reason.

Have fun!

I installed it as the instructions said and have had no problems as of yet. I have the STRC kit on both of my Slashes.

I would like to try the Hot Racing kit as well, but have had no problems and cannot justify getting it for no reason.

Have fun!
    Thanks for the reply! Mine is now on the way!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718