Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WarBAJR II

RC Qualifier
    What kind and where did you get your gps? Looking for something to monitor my speeds but don't wanna use my phone
    slash 4wd upgraded

That is actually the cyclometer off of my bicycle:

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5960761

Everything I've done to my Slash is somewhere in this thread!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    wow!!! that looks super clean bro. awesome work like always.

RC Racer
    Nice ride Squeegie... Did you say that at one time you a MERV Baja bug body on your Slash 4x4?

No... I have a MERV with a Baja Bug body on it:

I have a Baja Bug body for the Slash that I have not opened yet. Only problem is that I would have to chop the fenders up quite a bit due to the huge 2.8 Trenchers.

Got to do that someday...
    Last edited by Squeegie; 08-31-2015 at 09:45 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Decided that I want to see my cyclometer readings without having to remove the body. I masked off a "sunroof" so I could see inside:

Its so beautiful and sleek!
    I wouldnt have heart to use it for bashing

Thank you! Haven't rolled it yet, but even if I did, I don't think any of the body would touch the ground!

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    wow, forgot about this thread and that you had a mmx. how is it performing squeegie?
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    YES! I have a mamba monster x on the way. I'd love some tips on utilizing its features!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

As posted on another recent thread:

I haven't really run it yet.

My MM2's Field Link Programmer does not work with the MMX. I want to change some of the default setting on it before giving it a good workout (LVD to 3.5 and BEC to 6.0).

I basically got it so that when I eventually upgrade my steering servo, I can up the MMX's internal BEC to 7.4 if necessary (my Futaba receiver can handle up to 7.4).

I don't really seeing myself using it for datalogging and sensored use. One of these days that AUX on-the-fly setting ability might be sweet.

I haven't seen that in another thread.

I doubt I'll care about data logging, but I do like sensored motors. I'm really interested in the remote telemetry and remote tuning capabilities built into it.

I'm wondering if that will work with a tqi and smart phone.

I was really meaning once you have run it some, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I haven't seen that in another thread.

I doubt I'll care about data logging, but I do like sensored motors. I'm really interested in the remote telemetry and remote tuning capabilities built into it.

I'm wondering if that will work with a tqi and smart phone.

I was really meaning once you have run it some, though.
    From this thread:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6058729

According to Castle's MMX website:
    Compatible Transmitters: Futaba T4PX (coming soon!)

I'm hoping they expand that, or we find ways around. The et-3s isn't supposed to be updateable to new firmware either. Haha

After a few hours of researching, well messing around on the computer,lol, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a XL2.
    I like the idea of a 8s capable esc running 6s, kinda like having a horse do a pony's job as well as having all the data logging abilitys, 6s wont even phase the thing let alone give me any heat concerns.
    I have a pile of 10amp becs laying around here from scale rigs so I'm not really concerned with that, besides my RX-8 has a high output bec that never gets used either.
    Fact is my Newest Gen 2 RX-8 is getting wasted sitting in my PF8 when it can be put to better use in my 2wd FLM build, that or waterproof it and set it up with the ROC412 3100kv in the scx10.Since the PF8 sits most all the time the XL2 will look impressive when I show people as well, not saying the Gen 2 isn't sweet but the XL2 is just plain perrrtttyy!!!

Wow guys, this has me kinda bumming, unless I'm reading wrong the new high voltage MMx bec is only 4.5 amp continuous.
    Heck my RX-8 is 7amp and the XL2 is 5amp.
    I'm hoping this is a typo from Big Squid, I dont think much of their reviews anyway but hope they have there specs wrong this time.
    * New heavy-duty (and adjustable) BEC (5.5 to 8 volt output at 4.5 amp continuous)
    Don't get me wrong I love my castle stuff and still plan on getting the XL2.
    Thing is a hungry savox, Hitec and so on high voltage (7.4v) servos will suck up 4.5 amps with no problem.

I haven't found out much on this bad boy yet but its making many of the same claims of its little brother the MMX.
    Now a 20amp bec, thats what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 09-02-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added quote
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Yup... as far as I know, the MMX's BEC is up to 8.0V but only 4.5A continuous and 8.0 peak.

Keep us posted on your XL2 build!

Yup... as far as I know, the MMX's BEC is up to 8.0V but only 4.5A continuous and 8.0 peak.

Keep us posted on your XL2 build!
    Thanks Squeegie will do, tho I must admit seeing this new 20amp bec XLX has my head doing a tail spin.
    I thought with only one more MMP sitting in a box and three motors sitting on the bench I was finally using all or most of the stuff I've accumulated over the years.
    Mind you I'm down to a ROC 412 3100kv 540 crawler motor, tekin Gen 2 10.5 with a DTX 10.5, all sensored.
    I dont even count the stack of XL-5's that were never even plugged in, I rob the male connectors off them all the time.
    I will definitely be waiting for the XLX unless I come across a XL2 I just cant say no to.
    That happens a lot when something new comes out and everyone runs to have it, next thing you know the wife makes them sell the old one, be nice to find one for about $50.
    That said I'm usually one of the goofs that has to have the next new big thing, in truth I'm pretty darn proud of myself for not buying the MMX yet, yet lol.
    I'll have a XL2 or XLX in my garage first, its going to be a long winter here in Michigan, thats when the big money gets spent.

RC Qualifier
    errr what the heck billy? 1/5 scale in a 1/10? well, I suppose overkill is not bad. where are you going to mount the xl2?!?!?! Dont tell the wife the price.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    errr what the heck billy? 1/5 scale in a 1/10? well, I suppose overkill is not bad. where are you going to mount the xl2?!?!?! Dont tell the wife the price.!!!
    Mounting shouldn't be an issue and overkill is fine for its purpose, it will never see anything over 6s so I wont have to worry about over working it.
    Once I remove the RX-8 and remount the receiver up front it will fit nicely, at 104mm it will fill the space well.
    The caps should fit nicely over the servo.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    If the wires are an issue I'll spin it around, theres always a way.

RC Qualifier
    So far, only testing to see if it all works and some gearing/temp runs.
    The problem is that I keep changing my setup so I have to keep testing.
    This is my third setup!
    I think this one is my final setup.
    If all goes well with these gears and temp tests, then it's on to set-up my ESC's punch control.
    Once all that is done, then it's time to bash and have fun!
    Sounds like a shelf queen....?

I hope not!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Slashdad View Post
    Sounds like a shelf queen....?
    I've seen Squeegie's Slash full of mud before....

It's not always the case where something is a shelf queen. Mine for example... I've had a brand new Castle 2650kv in mine all week and have driven it exactly 5 minutes, just to make sure it worked. The job, things to fix around the house, mow the lawn, etc. etc. all gets in the way of the fun sometimes. Then on my days off, I'm trying to enjoy my first love... which is my 1:1 boat before Summer is over.

The point is... we all love our R/C's... but sometimes life just gets in the way.

Thank, Matt!

Yes, life gets in the way of my RCing...

Full time job, wife, 13 & 10 year old kids (with their homework and school events), home (front & back yard care), Church (we are very active members), bicycling, working on my 68 Firebird, etc. The list keeps on going...

By the time most of the day's necessary activities get done, I have from about 10pm till I go to sleep for myself. That is when I usually get some time to tinker. The days when I can actually get out and "play" with my rig are very few and far between.

My rig was never intended to be a shelf queen.

Maybe once the kids are off to college I can really get to work on my Firebird and take it out with my Slash in the back...

RC Qualifier
    lol, for me its just tennis, fitness training and school. and be in bed before 9 pm. ....

RC Enthusiast
    I've been meaning to post my video and pics here since more than a month.

When I got into this hobby I went all in and spent aud1300 which got me motivated to start a side business to support it.

I now work 14 hour days and barely get the time I want to bash.

The irony! But it's worth it. Whatever little time I get to fix things and upgrade and bash is well worth the time. Wish I could've put in more.

There are so many off road Bmx tracks here nearby almost always empty. Crying to get a beating.
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Racer
    Squeegie, I have to say this is an awesome build. Since I bought my first rc (lcg 4x4) back in July I have spent a lot of time on this forum as well as others looking for ideas to hop up my slash. This is my absolute favorite build! Your other rigs are also very cool. Great job!

I guess at point all of us have them shelved..but just a little while..eheheh

The problem is I just realised the collection keeps increasing and you got mre collection then needed, even after I have given three away....

He squeegie , love that work on the bracket you did

Billy-bones, I have got the liking so much of the xl2 that I managed to snug two...hihi, one is my erebe and the other I have no idea yet where to put on now that I have given away another erbe
    Last edited by Jezza; 09-04-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    I've seen Squeegie's Slash full of mud before....

It's not always the case where something is a shelf queen. Mine for example... I've had a brand new Castle 2650kv in mine all week and have driven it exactly 5 minutes, just to make sure it worked. The job, things to fix around the house, mow the lawn, etc. etc. all gets in the way of the fun sometimes. Then on my days off, I'm trying to enjoy my first love... which is my 1:1 boat before Summer is over.

The point is... we all love our R/C's... but sometimes life just gets in the way.
    I go through spurts. I'll drive one of mine or several often for a while, then I'll get busy (or they all break haha) and I won't touch them for six months. That's also why I disappear from the forum periodically.

The 1:1 boat definitely slows it down. Lol

RC Champion

Full time job, wife, 13 & 10 year old kids (with their homework and school events), home (front & back yard care), Church (we are very active members), bicycling, working on my 68 Firebird, etc. The list keeps on going...
    :
    As if all those things weren't distraction enough, now football season is upon us!

RAIDERS!!!

...and just picked up a new 1:1 truck last week! I don't do stock and have to change things up. Right now, necessities before accessories!

Hard to justify spending more on myself now with Christmas coming around the corner...

RC Qualifier
    lol, for me getting a huge rc haul is like 2-3 times a year. (like 400 dollars gone) 1200 dollars a year for 5 rc's. hard. gonna sell my rustler and vaterra v100 for money and space in my room. btw, how do you edit your signature?

To edit your sig, you have to:

1) Go to the top of the page (almost top) and click on "Forum Actions"

2) Click on the "General Settings"

3) On the left column, click on "Edit Signature"

4) Edit signature

Good luck!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man, tada

Now the only problem I have is with my Field Link Programmer. The one for my MM2 does not work on the MMX! I want to change some of the default settings on the MMX. Guess it's time to contact Castle Creations and find out if I need an undated Filed Link Programmer, or if something else is wrong...
    Just got an e-mail from Castle Creations today. They said:

Steve,

I apologize for the abnormally long delay in responding to your e-mail; we have been severely short staffed the past few weeks.

The software on the Field Programming Card needs to be updated for the new ESC. The software on your ESC is newer than the software on the card, so the card can't connect to the Monster X until it is updated. If you take the card to the local hobby shop they can update it via the Castle Link. They will need to have the latest version of Castle Link software installed on their computer. Just have them open the updated program and hook up just the card to the computer. The Castle Link program will automatically update the software in the card.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks!

Now I have to contact my LHS and have the manager bring his personal laptop to the store.

Glad I don't have to buy another Field Programming Card... thank you Thomas (from Castle)!

Hey squeegie, you got only the field card? did it not come with the ub cable as well....mine did and so the updates are frequent. i link the card to the esc, then the usb cable to the lap top and all is good, or unless they are specifically mentioning about softwares that are given to hobby shops.

By the way any USB camera canon to camera cable will work, they are simmilar connectors on both ends, the smaller on the car and the usb on the other side.....if you have a camera usb cable I Wonder if the card could be updated from home.
    Live life to the fullest

I'm running a MAC and cannot run the Castle Link unless I jump through many hoops.
    I just need my LHS to set my BEC value and update my card. I can then adjust about everything else I need via Field Card.

Oh yeah I remembre you mentioned that, it slipped my mind......too bad they do not have the software also for the MAC.....oh well glad they had a solution for you.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    squeegie, is this thread of the year?

RC poster
    I would really like to know how you got your motor wire so nice and neat!

I'm trying to get a MMM w/2650 in a lcg with a buggy body and the motor whites are kicking my butt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    squeegie, is this thread of the year?
    I actually started this thread 11/30/14, but have kept updating it rather than starting multiple threads.

Quote Originally Posted by grodo.00 View Post
    I would really like to know how you got your motor wire so nice and neat!

I'm trying to get a MMM w/2650 in a lcg with a buggy body and the motor whites are kicking my butt!
    I've rearranged and moved my components several times just to keep my wire routing clean. Just look through this thread and you can see the changes i've gone through (motors, ESCs, bodies,...).

Good luck!
    Last edited by Squeegie; 09-18-2015 at 10:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I see a servo protector right? or am I wrong (which I most likely am..... great rig though, did you have any videos? and do you have a link to your MERV build?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast