Thread: gtr shocks

RC Qualifier

gtr shocks

i've decided to come out of land RC retirement with my fav RC. Looking at shocks i see GTR are a good option. Is it the 4wd slash GTR or different? Are the stock springs on the 4wd slash ok for a basher or is there a better spring?
    thanks

I really like the gtrs and yes the ones from the slash 4x4 will be a direct drop in replacement except the top screws.
    Im ok with the springs but it depends on the terrain. I would personally prefer a little harder springs but I heared much bad things about the springs from traxxas (some are shorter and the springrates are unconsistant..) I think there are also assosciated springs but they will be a little loose. there are many threads about the springs out already but most on urc (which is in the mooment down.. )

RC Champion
    When you install GTR's on a rusty, you'll need different screws to secure the tops to the shock tower. The shoulder screws on the ultra shocks don't work on GTR's. You need longer m3 screws.

RC Qualifier
    You will also need to change out the ball joint on the lowers on the front so it fits between the A-arms. Also will need to trim the front body about 1/16 inch at the lower front. I run the stock black springs on the rear and the softer green springs on the front with 30w on all four corners. They are a major upgrade to the stock Ultras.