RC poster

Telemetry for nitro slash

Hi All

Just recently purchased a Nitro Slash 3.3 and i would like telemetry for it, but im not sure what parts or bits i will need.

Any help appreciated
    Thanks

RC poster
    I just recently put telemetry on my nitro slash and all you need is:
    RPM Sensor mount kit #6536
    RPM Sensor #6520
    Temp/Voltage Sensor #6521
    Radio system (4-ch trasmitter/5-ch receiver) #6507x
    I chose the 6507x system but 6509x works also. The difference is 07x comes with the wireless link and 09x doesnt.
    If you have an IPhone or IPod touch you could use the docking base and not need the wireless link. I couldnt use the docking base becasue I have a samsung phone and the docking base only works with iphone or ipod.
    I checked RC Planet for the best radio system to fit my needs with what I had and what I needed. Then I went to my local hobby shop and they had one in stock so I didn't have to wait for shipping. Traxxas makes multiple radio systems that work for telemetry

Telemtry is well worth it and a great tuning tool. I would recommend telemetry to anyone with a nitro.

RC poster
    How do I install the rpm sensor on a 3.3 nitro slash 2wd where do you mount the sensor ?

RC poster
    Where did you mount the sensor mount kit #6536 ?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones4381 View Post
    RPM Sensor #6520
    I chose the 6507x system but 6509x works also. The difference is 07x comes with the wireless link and 09x doesnt.
    If you have an IPhone or IPod touch you could use the docking base and not need the wireless link. I couldnt use the docking base becasue I have a samsung phone and the docking base only works with iphone or ipod.
    I checked RC Planet for the best radio system to fit my needs with what I had and what I needed. Then I went to my local hobby shop and they had one in stock so I didn't have to wait for shipping. Traxxas makes multiple radio systems that work for telemetry

Telemtry is well worth it and a great tuning tool. I would recommend telemetry to anyone with a nitro.
    Thanks for all your wonderful info/input with the part#'s and what is needed..I'm about to order a Robby Gordon Nitro Slash 2WD and want the telemetry also..I came here looking for what you just answered..been looking on YouTube for help, but seems everyone there is electric..

What about GPS..do you have that installed.? Seems the module needed is out of stock, is it dis-continued or just BO'd..reason I ask is, I'd like to have speed input also..

I'm looking at the 6507R system..says its high output, the 6507X doesnt mention high output..just wondering the difference between the two, other than price..the 6507X is out of stock where I looked..

I adore the Robby Gordon/Traxxas SST series..and plan to keep the Slash as close to real as possible, stock tires, jumps and on asphalt..just like they do in SST series..

I have a collection of Samsung phones, and what better way to use them..(telemetry)..

I ran ROAR events for several years, Nitro RC10GT's, and AE Nitro 4x4 Touring car, furtunitly always ran well, now I wanna do more asphalt, but like the SST format..I think it'll be a blast..don't want no 4x4 SC truck..I want fuel and 2WD like the SST series..

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated..

Nitro for me..batteries are for flashlites..

SM-N910C Gold Note 4 (MM 6.0.1)
    Last edited by NWKENT; 05-04-2016 at 07:58 PM.

RC poster
    So one mount is used in #6536. I'm not sure off the top of my head which one it is but it mounts to the back of the motor using the same screws the motor uses to bolt to the motor mount. Then I routed it between the motor and carb down beside the fuel tank to the receiver box.

As for GPS, I do not have that installed. I'm honestly not sure where it even mounts. My LHS always has the telemetry expander and GPS in stock so I know its not discontinued. In fact I just mounted it to my X maxx.

Lastly, the 6507X vs 6507R. Looks like 6507X was discontinued because of TSM. 6507R has TSM. TSM does make it a little more expensive.

RC Enthusiast
    So one mount is used in #6536. I'm not sure off the top of my head which one it is but it mounts to the back of the motor using the same screws the motor uses to bolt to the motor mount. Then I routed it between the motor and carb down beside the fuel tank to the receiver box.

As for GPS, I do not have that installed. I'm honestly not sure where it even mounts. My LHS always has the telemetry expander and GPS in stock so I know its not discontinued. In fact I just mounted it to my X maxx.

Lastly, the 6507X vs 6507R. Looks like 6507X was discontinued because of TSM. 6507R has TSM. TSM does make it a little more expensive.
    Heh..Traxxas, just a couple days ago, sent an email, via my request, that the GPS module is now available, and a couple other modules that were out of stock, are now available..I have done extensive research lately and have the answers I once were seeking..THANK YOU very much for your time and informative input..

SM-G531M_LP 5.1.1

RC poster
    RPM Sensor #6520

How did you install that? didn't you have to change the flywheel? part #6542?
    Last edited by Double G; 10-24-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: merge