Traxxas.com New look?

Not that I go to the main Traxxas page that often, But was on there one day last week, then when I went there earlier this morning, I noticed a whole new look. IMO I really like the new layout and such. Looks great!

Must have just been recently updated.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Ya I noticed it this morning, looks great IMO. The product section is much better than before.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its cool looking but at the same time I feel they made it more confusing for the newcomer or someone who doesn't know what they're looking for. It seems hard for someone to narrow down what they would want. Should have kept nitro with the nitro and electric with the electric. They have the Telluride in the Monster Truck section
    We are all one race. The human race.

it's cluttered, no sort by 4wd or 2wd, brushless or brushed, and nobody cares about skill level.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

the new page is full of bugs and is jacked i wish they would of left it alone it was easy and simple i like the buy traxxas better
    Slash sct3, nitro rustler

Well, the buytraxxas site is gone. Wishful thinking, with the new look they will now accept Paypal, ship to PO boxes and international directly from the new site, right?
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    I noticed it yesterday. I think it looks pretty nice, but I was really used to the old layout and I kind of miss it. I'm having some difficulty finding the exploded diagrams and parts lists, but I'll keep looking around.

Unrelated question: Anyone know if Traxxas is discontinuing the gen one high current connector? I notice all of the "ID" vehicles are now equipped with the gen two connector and I am wondering if they are phasing on the gen one connector. Apologies if this is the wrong section to ask this.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I've also checked it after it was mentioned above and I'm a bit lost but once you get used to it I guess its ok.

Since the change I have been having problems getting into some threads. Some will let me and other's give me an error " Bad Gateway" or something like that. I can x out of the site and go back in and that same site with the error will now let me in.
    Anyone else with that problem? Is it a program glitch? I am aggravated.
    Don't tell me it's my computer either as I have not had problems before and have no problems with any other websites I frequent.
    Took five times just to get in here and post this.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

Since the change I have been having problems getting into some threads. Some will let me and other's give me an error " Bad Gateway" or something like that. I can x out of the site and go back in and that same site with the error will now let me in.
    Anyone else with that problem? Is it a program glitch? I am aggravated.
    Don't tell me it's my computer either as I have not had problems before and have no problems with any other websites I frequent.
    Took five times just to get in here and post this.
    Stampede/Rustler

Twice! LOL.
    Guys, it seems the whole site is being rebuilt from the ground up. I'd think we could give it more than a couple days.
    There are some good suggestions above, but as for the complaints...you won't even remember how the site looked in a couple months.
    Some of us have been lucky enough to have seen what former versions of the forum looked like. Politely stated, they are good evidence that change and updates are good.
    Now go hang up your "Members Only" jackets!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Twice because it did not post the first time so I thought it did not go through. Hopefully I can access it easier soon as it looks like some other's have no problems. IDK.
    I am liking the new look! Just having issues and hope they go away cause I love this forum.
    Stampede/Rustler

So far I am not a fan of the new products page, likely because I knew were everything was. It will likely grow on me in time.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    Twice because it did not post the first time so I thought it did not go through. Hopefully I can access it easier soon as it looks like some other's have no problems. IDK.
    I am liking the new look! Just having issues and hope they go away cause I love this forum.
    I understood you. I thought the fact that you double-posted about forum problems due to forum problems was extremely topical and good evidence that everything is not quite yet back to normal. I have been missing the Tapatalk functionality, but since this thread is about the new look, I'll remark that I like it.

RC Qualifier
    No more down loads to search parts?!?!?!? Why must everyone keep changing things???? Why can't they update things and keep basics the same???????

Quote Originally Posted by rippinex View Post
    No more down loads to search parts?!?!?!? Why must everyone keep changing things???? Why can't they update things and keep basics the same???????
    It is there, take the time to look over the whole site...
    https://traxxas.com/support
    Look under support by product.
    Stampede/Rustler

HEY!!!!

They finally fixed the ugly sign-in screen, the one that said I registered on this site about three years before I was born (I think I am going to miss that).

I like the new products page.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    I don't like the new layout. As of 12/11/14 I can't access the forum with Tapatalk, which is the usual way I get on this thing...

I prefer the other layout, it was MUCH easier to find stuff.

I think I prefer the old style products page. Just click "electric" and pick a model. Oh well, not that big of a deal. However, some models have nothing on their Accessories pages. I'm guessing this is still forthcoming.

At least you guy's are getting through, I have only been able to view posts every now and then. This is the first time logging in today and have not had any problems viewing posts. Hopefully that has been fixed on my end.
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    The new part finder SUCKS. Go back to the buy traxxas site please. And bring back tapatalk support!!!!
    Revo P26 T-Maxx P26RD T-Maxx TRX3.3 Slayer TRX3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Tronfrom218 View Post
    The new part finder SUCKS. Go back to the buy traxxas site please. And bring back tapatalk support!!!!
    You don't like the new part finder? Hmm, I thought it was extremely easy to use. Which item did you find hard to search?
    @buytraxxas: That isn't going to happen.
    As stated a few times elsewhere, bringing Tapatalk functionality back on-line is a work in progress.
    It's nice to see that so many people enjoy the website and forum so much that they are vehement in their "requests" but really, perhaps some deep breaths should be taken as well?

Well it seems the software crew is working 24/7. As of 6 pm yesterday I have not had one problem with viewing threads/posts(Bad Gateway error gone).
    It did take some time to find the parts I was looking for but only took a few minutes and I figured out the setup.
    Stampede/Rustler

Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    Well it seems the software crew is working 24/7. As of 6 pm yesterday I have not had one problem with viewing threads/posts(Bad Gateway error gone).
    It did take some time to find the parts I was looking for but only took a few minutes and I figured out the setup.
    I have not had any of the problems you were having, but either way, there has been steady progress.
    I miss Tapatalk as much as anyone since viewing the forums on my phone's browser(s) is hard on my old, tired eyes, but patience is a virtue.

There are no parts listed for Merv.

I've gotten the bad gateway 502 error thing about 9/10 times. It took about 15 tries to get into this thread.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Which device and browser?

There are hardly any legacy or previous model support pages either. I'm not quite sure how ELSE to say that the rebuild is not yet finished.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-14-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I've gotten the bad gateway 502 error thing about 9/10 times. It took about 15 tries to get into this thread.
    Finally saw my first bad gateway error.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Finally saw my first bad gateway error.
    Sorry guy's but I have to say I am relieved it just was not me.Had me worried there for a while.
    2 days and I am error free (knock on wood).
    Stampede/Rustler

I know I will get used to it in time, but not having the "Find A Dealer" bubble where the "Community" bubble used to be is really messing with me...

so far so good for me; either way at one point I will end up looking at every link possible within the site to find things left and right and then manage it freely; I like the new look after brousing it from work for the past two days.....humm umm only few minutes, for now I am using all my downloaded files as refference; (Stampede, erevo and slash)
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    You don't like the new part finder? Hmm, I thought it was extremely easy to use. Which item did you find hard to search?
    @buytraxxas: That isn't going to happen.
    As stated a few times elsewhere, bringing Tapatalk functionality back on-line is a work in progress.
    It's nice to see that so many people enjoy the website and forum so much that they are vehement in their "requests" but really, perhaps some deep breaths should be taken as well?
    Nitro Revo, I liked how the nirtos and elec. were on different pages with all of the different versions of each model on display with each section of the truck listed. I know they wont go back but i was just putting a voice to my frustrations. They could have kept the layout and put the new paint job on that.
    Revo P26 T-Maxx P26RD T-Maxx TRX3.3 Slayer TRX3.3