RC Competitor

Red face La trax alias noob

Hey guys I just nicely getting in to the qauds and I want a la trax alias really bad for Xmas so I was wondering if this was a good qaud and what some of the main problems are with the qaud I'm not brand new to this I've been flying a rc's and driving them for a while now and i can handle most blade products so just thoughts from u guys thx👍

RC Qualifier
    the quad itself doesn't really have any major downsides to it, and I have three of these. it is extremely durable, gives you three flight modes to learn and grow with, parts are readily available and inexpensive, it is very simple to work on, and its lighting makes it an excellent choice for night flying. some say they don't really care for the "game style" transmitter, but just about everyone agrees that it is packed pretty nicely with programming options and features. I personally like the transmitter as it is very ergonomic to hold and gives you a nice solid hold as well as very easy access to the sticks and buttons.
    if I had to list a downside to it, and this is just me personally... I could do without the LVC cut off option and would have been happier with a built in timer instead, but I am old school, and I prefer to have control over my battery use rather than having to land when it says it is time too. even this isn't really a downside and many like the feature, it is just my preference not to have it.
    the original motor issues that many experienced seems to have been dealt with, and even so, there are other options where motors are concerned, so it honestly isn't much of a concern either way. just keep in mind that these are brushed motors of small size and no brushed motor of this size lasts for as long as we would like them to, and a lot of their longevity will depend on many things... it just goes hand in hand with their nature and design.
    it handles wind in expert mode extremely well and as far as stability goes, in my opinion, it is pretty much unmatched and I gotta give credit to Traxxas and a big thumbs up for their efforts in its design in that regard as well as how tough this thing is in a crash.
    is it as inexpensive the various clones that have followed, or others similar in their size? no, but you get what you pay for in most cases and what you will get with an Alias is a high standard of quality accompanied by the same level of support from Traxxas. some may say that they have had marginal experiences with Traxxas, but my personal experience with them has been more than exceptional, above and beyond what they had to do actually, so I cant say enough good things about their support .

you really cant go wrong with an Alias and for many reasons .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Competitor
    Ok thank you and just one more thing u said the motor problem is sorted out right? Spoonerrw

RC Qualifier
    as far as I can tell, yes. ever since Traxxas replaced the original motors with the ones that now come in it... very few complaints have surfaced regarding issues with them. just remember though that these are small brushed motors and the stated life time across the board from manufacturers is that they last between 5-6 hours, depending on your flight times and how hard they are ran?
    one thing that many say will help keep them going is to make sure that if you know you are going to crash... cut the throttle to zero the second you know you are going down and just let it fall. if the motors strike any surface while they are powered up, they can burn out the little brushes in them. also, if you are stuck in a tree, in tall grass, or any place where the blades are obstructed... do not try to power up and get free. this resistance to the motors can burn the brushes out as well . this applies to any quad or heli actually, so just keep that in mind .

RC Competitor
    Ok thx for all ur help

RC Qualifier
    you are very welcome .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
    you are very welcome .
    ok thank you for all your help on this spoonerrw but i didnt end up getting the alias cause of the $ JUST KIDDING i got it and its blue im so happy and ya so thx and enjoy flying