Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar

Factory Spec Build thread

Well sort of.....trying to keep it as much as stock with little bolt on mods

I've been itching for couple of weeks now contemplating either to build one or not, well I made up my mind......I'm building one. Ever since I parted out my P4de, I regret doing it, missed it and the fact that I don't have an offroad truck to play with when I'm done playing my onroad car, I have to build one. I like the versatility of the P4de over the big ERBE/EMBE and the P4de can do things just as good as the big ones without breaking your bank lol. No fancy hop-ups or crazy mods, just plain "CLOSE" to stock P4de but then again I can easily get carried away quick lol. eBay chop shop are my resources for buying all my parts. Now, I know I can buy a roller for a decent price but nothing like the intense/thrill of receiving parts in the mail weeks after weeks than getting it all at one time

Parts ordered so far are,
    >chassis
    >motor mount/plate/gear cover
    >F/R bulkhead with steering bell crank
    >F/R bulkhead aluminum tie bars
    >F/R bumper/skids
    >Complete Front diff with housing
    >complete diff (rear)
    >Pro-line 2.8 F11 17mm hex
    >Pro-line 2.8 trenchers
    total cost $112

still need to buy
    XO-1 driveshafts
    diffs I bar
    Body
    Telluride body post
    TiNi GTR Long shafts
    ESC/Motor (?)
    2s/3s lipos 5000mah+

Parts I have are,
    servo
    A-arms
    hinge pins
    toe/camber linkages
    screws
    XO-1 c-hubs/carriers
    XO-1 17mm adapters
    XO-1 2 rear shock towers
    GTR Suspensions

Mister Upgrade is going to build a near stock Pede. Now I am curious.

Good luck and keep us posted (no doubt that you will)!
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Mister Upgrade is going to build a near stock Pede. Now I am curious.

Good luck and keep us posted (no doubt that you will)!
    Lol that's too funny. Let's see how long it stays stock or "as much as stock"

You guys know me too well lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol just a little. You mentioned f/r bulkheads aluminum tie bars. Are those the blue things that holds the arm pins in.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Lol just a little. You mentioned f/r bulkheads aluminum tie bars. Are those the blue things that holds the arm pins in.
    Yes, that's it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol yea I figured that. I never needed them so never really looked to see what they was called.

RC Qualifier
    A factory build thread from Mr. H...
    This must easily be the most misleading title on a thread this year...

But I totally agree - not having a P4de to play with is a scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    A factory build thread from Mr. H...
    This must easily be the most misleading title on a thread this year... :
    yes indeed lol. maybe I should call it "the not so factory spec", I mean who in here keep their P4de stock, right?

yeah,yeah,yeah......stock.......x0-1 this,x0-1 that,17mm hubs.........just acknowledge your addiction....LOLLOLLOL

(you don't know me very well being the new guy,but I mean this in the most humorous way !!)

Mario

I dare you to build one better than mine !!! I really do ! I dare you !! LOL LOL LOL
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    yeah,yeah,yeah......stock.......x0-1 this,x0-1 that,17mm hubs.........just acknowledge your addiction....LOLLOLLOL

(you don't know me very well being the new guy,but I mean this in the most humorous way !!)

Mario
    I dare you to build one better than mine !!! I really do ! I dare you !! LOL LOL LOL
    Ohh!! yes Mario, when I'm done with it, you'll be blown away lol

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Ohh!! yes Mario, when I'm done with it, you'll be blown away lol
    I can't wait !!!!!!!!

I can't wait !!!!!!!!
    As much as I missed my first one, I can't wait for it too I don't keep a lot of my rigs, I'm always on the build then sell and use that money towards upcoming build. My goal on this build is to stay as much taxxas parts as I can, (minus the wheels/tires, of course) no tekno, mip, rpm, etc... I prefer taxxas parts than most aftermarket brands, I can only pick a few that I consider buying, other than that you can't beat original fitment.

I agree with you 100%. Sometimes we assume we can easily upgrade,but it often throws off the recipe as a whole.I accept this to satisfy my need for thinkering but itmeans more thinkering and less run time.I will not go this route with my son's p4de.It's got integy piggy back shocks and a hot racing slipper.I will just replace what breaks with Traxxas parts.Once I get my GreenReaper up and running and tuned in,I'll just keep running and maintaining it.I'll pick up something else that I can thinker with.It is easy to overlook the engineering that goes into a Traxxas machine.

Nice to have you back with us bro.nice list of stock partswill be watching this thread like a hawk.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Nice to have you back with us bro.nice list of stock partswill be watching this thread like a hawk.....peace
    thanks spenniepoos, I guess you can say what goes around comes around feels good to be back though

And you will have the best of both worlds on and off road monsters.....peace

Spencer

RC Racer
    Can't wait to see pics !

I see ?? by ESC/Mtr - So, is the new 4-pole Traxxas motor a possibility?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: merge
    MJB

Any updates or news dude?...peace

Quote Originally Posted by baughler10 View Post
    Can't wait to see pics !

I see ?? by ESC/Mtr - So, is the new 4-pole Traxxas motor a possibility?
    I'm not sure what powerplant as of now. I do have a MMP that needed repair but I kinda want a WP ESC for the winter season.

Any updates or news dude?...peace
    as of now, just waiting for parts and as always going to dye the chassis black.

I agree with you 100%. Sometimes we assume we can easily upgrade,but it often throws off the recipe as a whole.I accept this to satisfy my need for thinkering but itmeans more thinkering and less run time.I will not go this route with my son's p4de.It's got integy piggy back shocks and a hot racing slipper.I will just replace what breaks with Traxxas parts.Once I get my GreenReaper up and running and tuned in,I'll just keep running and maintaining it.I'll pick up something else that I can thinker with.It is easy to overlook the engineering that goes into a Traxxas machine.
    I like the sound of father and son enjoying RC my 6yr and 4yr old sons shows no interest yet, they're more into minecraft lol

how do you like the integy piggyback? are they the same size as BigBore shocks?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like the sound of father and son enjoying RC my 6yr and 4yr old sons shows no interest yet, they're more into minecraft lol

how do you like the integy piggyback? are they the same size as BigBore shocks?
    Lol minecraft. Yea my boys try to get me to play that

Well,he hasn't really got into it yet.The Latraxx Teton didn't grab his interest and he is 7.It is hard to control that vehicle.This is my last attempt to get him interested with the p4de.He liked mine when he tried it.He is also very much into his ipad and Plants vs Zombies.I was a little discouraged by his lack of interest and my wife said its not wasted money because we can keep the truck and he may become interested later and the rc will be there.

The piggy backs are ok.I think they are the same size as big bore but not sure.

My wife has a fit every time I try to up grade her pede, she says all your trucks are to fast and always breaking something, unfortunately shes right, with great power comes great breakage.
    I'm slowly transforming my scalpel into a 4wd monster so we can go to a new found bashing area.
    My 2400kv thats been in a box for over a year will be a perfect fit, still imo the best match for the 4wd slash.
    I'll be using new conformal coating to waterproof its mmp brother, I dont plan on submerging the thing but some mud maybe possible.
    I really miss sct racing up in traverse but things change, crawling is also becoming something I find myself investing a lot of time and of course money into.
    Never thought going so slow could be so much fun, I'm certain many of you also into scaling know theres far more to it then that.
    Going fast is easier then manipulating certain terrain situations.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    I'm not sure what powerplant as of now. I do have a MMP that needed repair but I kinda want a WP ESC for the winter season.
    What about the VXL 4 pole esc and pair it with the et-2400? Relatively inexpensive and WP. It'll also kinda go along with your factory spec theme.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

The piggy backs are ok.I think they are the same size as big bore but not sure.
    Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    My wife has a fit every time I try to up grade her pede, she says all your trucks are to fast and always breaking something, unfortunately shes right, with great power comes great breakage.
    Your wife thinks like my wife lol minus the part of her playing rc, its not something she enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    What about the VXL 4 pole esc and pair it with the et-2400? Relatively inexpensive and WP. It'll also kinda go along with your factory spec theme.
    The powerplant is probably not so factory spec lol as we all know its the first thing to go I'm going to put my CC 2650kv so just need a wp esc and I have my eyes on one on something new to me.

few parts came in the mail couple days ago. here's where I'm at as of now,

dyed chassis navy blue

normal mod prior to big motor^^^
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-20-2014 at 10:31 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    You should go with the traxxas brand aluminum motor mount! Since it's blue traxxas it sort of fits the theme? But ya know the deal with the plastic mounts ��.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Lookin' good !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    few parts came in the mail couple days ago. here's where I'm at as of now,

dyed chassis navy blue

normal mod prior to big motor^^^
    I see you dyed your chassis before cutting. That's a nice tight fit looking good

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    You should go with the traxxas brand aluminum motor mount! Since it's blue traxxas it sort of fits the theme? But ya know the deal with the plastic mounts ��.
    that's on my list, I'm going for the blue lol

Lookin' good !!
    thanks man

I see you dyed your chassis before cutting. That's a nice tight fit looking good
    Yes I did, this way I can take pics of what's been eliminated

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I see. Does the motor rub on the plastic of the center shaft. I removed them out of the 3 trucks. I need to test fit them again to see if they will even work with the tekno center shaft

I see. Does the motor rub on the plastic of the center shaft. I removed them out of the 3 trucks. I need to test fit them again to see if they will even work with the tekno center shaft
    It does touch alittle so I have to dremel it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It does touch alittle so I have to dremel it.
    I see. Thanks. I really need to try and put them back on. Think I'll do that tonight it the weekend

Dude it's starting to take shapeI love my traxxas aluminium motor mount and plate they are made so well.will you go with the aluminium shock towers like on the last monster...peace

I see. Thanks. I really need to try and put them back on. Think I'll do that tonight it the weekend
    I like the cover to keep the dirt/debris but if causes some sort of noise then I might ditch it.

Dude it's starting to take shapeI love my traxxas aluminium motor mount and plate they are made so well.will you go with the aluminium shock towers like on the last monster...peace
    Thanks spenniepoos, yes I have 2 rear XO-1 shock towers and I ordered 2 set of long TiNi GTR shaft to have a proper/balanced stand and I didn't realize I still have my body mount/post from my previous P4de lol.

So you're running rear towers and rear shocks all around? What does a rear tower up front do for me?

So you're running rear towers and rear shocks all around? What does a rear tower up front do for me?
    Yes, nothing much, just the extra length and volume of the shocks.

I've considered running rear shocks all around, but not also a rear tower up front. May e if I was looking at them in front of me I would see. Lol

I'm thinking of rears all around when I build my telly. Or maybe a modified shock between the two lengths.

I've considered running rear shocks all around, but not also a rear tower up front. May e if I was looking at them in front of me I would see. Lol
    I'm thinking of rears all around when I build my telly. Or maybe a modified shock between the two lengths.
    I was going to get a set of slash 4x4 platinum edition GTR suspensions but then why spend $55 on a set when all I need are some Long TiNi shafts with my spare GTR's, so save up a few $$ and save some $$ by using XO-1 shock towers too

I'm so glad there are other dads here that I can relate to. My 8 year old daughter started strong in her love for her 2wd slash, but then she saw my rc8te and wanted one of those. So I got her one and just as I was finishing it, 3/4 of my home was destroyed in a horrible flood.

All my rc's were spared, but as a result, I now have put all but 2 of my rides in storage. I packed the storage unit with a dozen or so of those stand alone shelves you can get in home depot or walmart and just put them on stands so they would be safe and easily accessible.

So after 2 months of being displaced, we got our home repaired, but now my kid is a wii u junkie and she has almost no interest in rc anymore. bummer....

I asked her if she wanted to go jumping with me over Christmas break, but she kinda shrugged and said, "yeah, if you want to" aww man...bummer. I feel like she's only doing it to make me happy and she's kinda lost the want to do this anymore until today. She saw my stampede with a slash chassis turned into a truggy bashing and she got all fired up and said, " I WANT THAT!!"

So, i'm gonna do another pede truggy based on my last build. She does well in school and is a great kid, so I don't mind doing it. I'm gonna do all the driveline mods and all the rpm mods and fit it with a truggy lid. I should be done hopefully by early January. I've got a 3800 combo that's available, but I think I'm gonna stick with the castle 2200 combo. the 3800 is great but tends to run a bit hot for my daughter's driving style.

So I have my fingers crossed on this one. Some of my best memories are of us with my e-maxx and rc8te bashing with my brother at an old motorcross track. sorry to jack your thread, I just really appreciated the candor of the dads in this thread.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

I WANT gtrs, but stock ultras are 10$ .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast