Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I WANT gtrs, but stock ultras are 10$ .
    you can't beat Ultra shocks and some TiNi shafts and aluminum caps and you got yourself a much better suspensions

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    you can't beat Ultra shocks and some TiNi shafts and aluminum caps and you got yourself a much better suspensions
    Here's a dumb question. Which ones are the ultras and which ones are the big bores (not the gtrs)
    Traxxas ones that are all aluminum =
    Plastic/stock ones =

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Here's a dumb question. Which ones are the ultras and which ones are the big bores (not the gtrs)
    Traxxas ones that are all aluminum =
    Plastic/stock ones =
    Traxxas ones that are all aluminum = Big Bores
    Plastic/stock ones = Ultra Shocks
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I'm so glad there are other dads here that I can relate to. My 8 year old daughter started strong in her love for her 2wd slash, but then she saw my rc8te and wanted one of those. So I got her one and just as I was finishing it, 3/4 of my home was destroyed in a horrible flood.

All my rc's were spared, but as a result, I now have put all but 2 of my rides in storage. I packed the storage unit with a dozen or so of those stand alone shelves you can get in home depot or walmart and just put them on stands so they would be safe and easily accessible.

So after 2 months of being displaced, we got our home repaired, but now my kid is a wii u junkie and she has almost no interest in rc anymore. bummer....

I asked her if she wanted to go jumping with me over Christmas break, but she kinda shrugged and said, "yeah, if you want to" aww man...bummer. I feel like she's only doing it to make me happy and she's kinda lost the want to do this anymore until today. She saw my stampede with a slash chassis turned into a truggy bashing and she got all fired up and said, " I WANT THAT!!"

So, i'm gonna do another pede truggy based on my last build. She does well in school and is a great kid, so I don't mind doing it. I'm gonna do all the driveline mods and all the rpm mods and fit it with a truggy lid. I should be done hopefully by early January. I've got a 3800 combo that's available, but I think I'm gonna stick with the castle 2200 combo. the 3800 is great but tends to run a bit hot for my daughter's driving style.

So I have my fingers crossed on this one. Some of my best memories are of us with my e-maxx and rc8te bashing with my brother at an old motorcross track. sorry to jack your thread, I just really appreciated the candor of the dads in this thread.
    Kids grow up so quickly, you introduce them to RC they get hooked but as they get older they pursue they're own hobby I always like RC anything with remote that control, when I was young I don't have any toys so I use to just pretend and play, sad.......yes but if your from a poor country where everyday is a struggle and your parents are out there looking for food to feed the family, its tough. now that's life is in much better situation, I'm living my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasvxlbasher View Post
    Traxxas ones that are all aluminum = Big Bores
    Plastic/stock ones = Ultra Shocks
    what he said Er33
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-21-2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: merge

what he said Er33
    cant wait to see some pics of this rig when you have all the parts! when do you think you will have all the parts?

cant wait to see some pics of this rig when you have all the parts! when do you think you will have all the parts?
    I probably have 75-80% parts in. just last night I put it together, even though I will end up taking it apart again lol

anybody here use this plugs EC5

going for the blue

I probably have 75-80% parts in. just last night I put it together, even though I will end up taking it apart again lol

anybody here use this plugs EC5

going for the blue
    you cant wait to have it finished haaa lol. looks really nice so far! why do you have the shocks on the rear facing the rear and not the front?
    i dont run this plugs but my brother runs them on his LRP buggy. i dont know how well they perform but i can ask him anything if you have any question about them why dont you just use traxxas plugs? they are black and you dont notice them. they are great

between, what camera are you using?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-21-2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Man I do love the gtrs though! They are so smooth, and jump like a dream. Plus they are so easy to fine tune. The ultras really are great too, though, and can be so CHEAP!

My little brother has a 2we slash and is on a tight college kid budget. He's having a cow to upgrade his shocks, just to have an upgrade I think. I'm trying very hard to convince him the ultras really need no upgrading, other than caps if you blow them!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

you cant wait to have it finished haaa lol. looks really nice so far! why do you have the shocks on the rear facing the rear and not the front?
    i dont run this plugs but my brother runs them on his LRP buggy. i dont know how well they perform but i can ask him anything if you have any question about them why dont you just use traxxas plugs? they are black and you dont notice them. they are great
    here's my old set up as you can see the rear suspension are reversed, I do this for easy access adjusting ride height.

I like traxxas plugs, I just wanted to try the EC5 5mm bullets, I've also have the cc 6.5mm plugs on my GT8

what camera are you using?
    my Samsung light phone.

here's my old set up as you can see the rear suspension are reversed, I do this for easy access adjusting ride height.

I like traxxas plugs, I just wanted to try the EC5 5mm bullets, I've also have the cc 6.5mm plugs on my GT8

my Samsung light phone.
    oh ok, i understand now, and this does not affect performance right? migh have to do it on my p4de and maybe my sl4sh too.
    oh, it takes some great pictures compared to my iphone

I remember that beast but I bet when your done this new one will be even better....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I remember that beast but I bet when your done this new one will be even better....peace
    sure it will, im with ya!

RC Champion
    So far so good, your making me want one....
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

What toe links are those. I want some thick ones like that. I grabbed some short links that I believe goes on a revo. I really don't want to make the threads to make it shorter plus I'll have to get a left thread die. Unless I have to guess I will

that sure was a beast of its own now these latest one even more beasty
    sure it will, im with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    So far so good, your making me want one....
    you should build one, its a fun little truck

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    What toe links are those. I want some thick ones like that. I grabbed some short links that I believe goes on a revo. I really don't want to make the threads to make it shorter plus I'll have to get a left thread die. Unless I have to guess I will
    those are pushrods from Slayer SC nitro trucks, its good if your using Pro Trac arms, too long for stock arms. I'm only going to use stock linkages.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hmm might have to mod those

received a few more parts, my Proline F-11 17mm wheels and GTR TiNi long shaft. still have more parts waiting to come so I'll probably won't get it running after the new year. After I took apart one of my GTR suspension to compare the length of the shaft, I found out that the GTR long TiNi shaft was the same length as with what I have now, so I wont be using it.

PL F-11 wheels

no need to use your craftman 17mm socket wrench I prefer the plastic wrench to keep the nut from discoloration.

while at it, I plug up this holes with grub screws,

ok, I found a WP ESC with SC8 guts for very cheap, it was the last one so I'm like..... what difference would that be with the actual HW-SC8, so I purchased it lol.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-22-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: merge

received a few more parts, my Proline F-11 17mm wheels and GTR TiNi long shaft. still have more parts waiting to come so I'll probably won't get it running after the new year. After I took apart one of my GTR suspension to compare the length of the shaft, I found out that the GTR long TiNi shaft was the same length as with what I have now, so I wont be using it.

PL F-11 wheels

no need to use your craftman 17mm socket wrench I prefer the plastic wrench to keep the nut from discoloration.

while at it, I plug up this holes with grub screws,
    haha looking good! sad you cannot wait to run it after new year haa lol! why are you putting grub screws there in the rear bulkhead?

ok, I found a WP ESC with SC8 guts for very cheap, it was the last one so I'm like..... what difference would that be with the actual HW-SC8, so I purchased it lol.
    Lol, you crazy man.... jaja what are you then gonna do with the other ESC?

why are you putting grub screws at the rear bulkhead?
    Lol, you crazy man.... jaja what are you then gonna do with the other ESC?
    Put that grub screw to keep dirt/debris/water from coming in
    No, I don't have esc for this truck yet.

Put that grub screw to keep dirt/debris/water from coming in
    No, I don't have esc for this truck yet.
    oh, thats a clever idea! i have not seen that one ever!
    sugar.... thought you had another build in your mind lol

oh, thats a clever idea! i have not seen that one ever!
    sugar.... thought you had another build in your mind lol
    I got that idea from someone else, just passing it along lol
    no, that "thought of me building" you saw from another thread was before I started this build

I got that idea from someone else, just passing it along lol
    no, that "thought of me building" you saw from another thread was before I started this build
    well, he got a nice idea. i will probably do it to my p4de if i have enough screws.
    oh ok

I still have not decided what body I'm going for, I have the PL raptor before but I want something different This time,.any suggestions guys?

Yeah bro go old school like the proline Chevy 1950s or ford f100 1966 they are sick and with your painting talent it will pop...peace

Yeah bro go old school like the proline Chevy 1950s or ford f100 1966 they are sick and with your painting talent it will pop...peace
    I need look it over again, every time I browse thru eBay for P4de body all I see are Ford Raptor or Chevy Silverado and couple of the old school like you mentioned and the rest are stock (painted, unpainted, pro graphics, custom painted). I might pick the Raptor again and do the shoe goo, dray wall tape thing lol.

on another note....received my Trenchers today

and I swap my motor from my Rally GT8

is it just me or do you guys noticed the HW SC8 is becoming more and more popular that you can see them on some RTR trucks?
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-23-2014 at 12:19 AM.

RC Champion
    Ray Kong, the beast! Sick build as usual man. As much as I enjoy your work and choice of parts, I can't help but wait anxiously for your paint work sir.

As for hobbywing, I was surprised to see the difference in faith and praise for their esc's on the forum scene compared to the track scene. Hobbywing has faithfuls that range from original buyers to buyers who switched from so called 'high end' brands as well. That goes for 1/10 and 1/8 scale products. The horror stories have slowly faded and turned into a lot of happy customers raving. Rtr status is proof positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Ray Kong, the beast! Sick build as usual man. As much as I enjoy your work and choice of parts, I can't help but wait anxiously for your paint work sir.

As for hobbywing, I was surprised to see the difference in faith and praise for their esc's on the forum scene compared to the track scene. Hobbywing has faithfuls that range from original buyers to buyers who switched from so called 'high end' brands as well. That goes for 1/10 and 1/8 scale products. The horror stories have slowly faded and turned into a lot of happy customers raving. Rtr status is proof positive.
    Thanks Oaks
    yeah I've noticed as I was browsing around eBay and a few were pulled out from an RTR like OFNA, Losi and HPI so their must be a big improvement.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a wonderful holiday and be safe. After my boys got all their presents opened I got busy taking my diff apart to put the I bar and 50k oil on both F/R.

50k fill half full

drop the sider gears/I bar, give it a good push in for the oil to rise up and fill up more if needed

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a wonderful holiday and be safe. After my boys got all their presents opened I got busy taking my diff apart to put the I bar and 50k oil on both F/R.

50k fill half full

drop the sider gears/I bar, give it a good push in for the oil to rise up and fill up more if needed
    Merry Xmas !! Looking good !

Another quality build bro! What drive shafts are you going with?

Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    Merry Xmas !! Looking good !
    thanks Mario, its getting there.....

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    Another quality build bro! What drive shafts are you going with?
    going for XO-1 driveshaft, keeping it all traxxas parts as much as possible.

Looking good dude and your diffs need the I bars with that beast motor any more thoughts on what body you will purchase...peace

Looking good dude and your diffs need the I bars with that beast motor any more thoughts on what body you will purchase...peace
    Thanks spenniepoos, I wouldn't run without the I bar for sure
    I'm thinking about a jeep body from axial but not sure about the fitment.

Oh yeah!! Got my esc today

Oh yeah!! Got my esc today

NICE! im loving how it is coming together...

RC Qualifier
    Again, a very clean build from you, sir!

You really put a lot of thought into all your builds, and it's a pleasure to follow them - respect!

NICE! im loving how it is coming together...
    thanks traxxasvxlbasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Again, a very clean build from you, sir!
    You really put a lot of thought into all your builds, and it's a pleasure to follow them - respect!
    thanks Viking, building your own rig sure is fun

did some soldering, change the series dean plugs to single EC5 and swap out the 4mm bullets to 6.5mm bullets. keeping the wires long cause I want to loop in under the esc tray and clamp the motor wire to the original location.

esc aluminum tray from my cut XO-1 chassis

another pic of my power plant

My program card, got it when I had my Merv powered with HW 60amp esc/2700kv

going to use Mod.08 18T/54T and for insane speed (if I want to lol) Mod1 20T/38T

Thanks spenniepoos, I wouldn't run without the I bar for sure
    I'm thinking about a jeep body from axial but not sure about the fitment.
    If you can make that jeep body work that would be so sick.I found out that the new bronco body from hpi could be made to fit as well bro....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks traxxasvxlbasher

did some soldering, change the series dean plugs to single EC5 and swap out the 4mm bullets to 6.5mm bullets. keeping the wires long cause I want to loop in under the esc tray and clamp the motor wire to the original location.

going to use Mod.08 18T/54T and for insane speed (if I want to lol) Mod1 20T/38T
    Lookin good. Lol insane speeds if you want to. I can see it 18/54 4s "hmm that's a little slow I'll throw the mod 1 in that should do it lol "

thanks traxxasvxlbasher

thats looking better than mine!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast