RC poster

Cool building a custom slash

I am fairly new to rc I have a slash 2wd and I want to make it insane, I have everything planned except for the motor and esc I wand to run a 22.2v 6s lipo setup but I don't know which motor and esc can handle it and I also want to make sure it will fit into the transmission I already modified a aluminum chassis for 2 batteries so there is no turning back now

The cost is not an issue it may take a while to save up for it but it is not a problem. I want the most powerful motor I can get
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 09:39 AM. Reason: merge

Insane how? Offroad, track, bashing, speed?

I think the biggest tricks will be to fit a motor that will handle that kind of power into the transmission, and finding gears that will handle the power.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Castle creations Mamba monster. It will fit in the stock gear box and give you more power than what you're asking for.

RC Champion
    You sure you want to run 6s? These trucks are really light to be running that crazy of a battery.... You'll need to put a lot of money into beefing everything else up to handle the power, plus the repairs for whatever 6s tears up. Plus you need to find a spot that is extremely large. If I were you I'd run 4s with high gearing.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

So like a XO-1 Slash? Well here are the steps:

Buy a LCG. Without the LCG, you car will fly like a air plane and explode. You don't want that, do you?

Get SUPER sticky street tires. No foam tires.

Put a 100 tooth pinion on with a 86 tooth METAL spear.

Lower the car as much as you can.

Get a body that is extremely aerodynamic, and pushes force to the center of Earth.

Super soft shocks to absorb any debris. Man, even the smallest pebble could screw you up in this situation.

2.4 GHz Raidio system.

Obviously, A Gens-Ace 6s HARD CASE Lithium-Ion pack. If you get a softie and you crash, your gonna start a wildfire.

A quality charger.

Youtube videos for tips and tricks.

ESC Fan and motor heat sink

high speed Metal tranny gears

On road-high speed tranny

On road-high speed diffs

And of course, A clear spot to drive, clear of and people or objects.

RC poster
    Thanks everyone I will start planning the build, it won't happen overnight but I will keep everyone updated.

I'm making a YouTube channel dedicated to this build and I will post a link when it is setup
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-16-2014 at 09:40 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    So I have decided to go withome a mamba monster esc and a 2200kv motor, I am mounting the motor to a pronline perfromance transmission (haven't decided on gearing yet) using two 3s lipo 5800 mah batteries replacing as many parts as I can with aluminum including the chassis, going with proline bead lock rims and proline super soft tires (not sure which tread yet) I'm planning on running dual servos eventually. Also planing on different shocks

And after I'm finished I will build a second truck with the original leftover parts haha