RC Competitor

T Maxx Update/Build Question

This is my t maxx as of now. I hope to have it ready to race in the truggy class by july so this will be the thread that i will post update pictures on. In the past month i have put all front upper and lower RPM A Arms, OS .18tm engine, Fullforce reciever tray, OFNA violator tank, new fuel lines and filter, straight pull throttle mod, new skids and transmission cover, dyed chassis braces, motor saver air filter, FOC kit, and plasti dipped the throttle servo. Thinking about getting the THS pipe but im open to any suggestions on the right pipe/next upgrades.
    Here are some pictures:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Nik02001; 12-17-2014 at 09:59 PM.

A 3.3 steering assembly and a 200oz or better MG servo for it.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    After years of ups and downs with this truck, this build is coming to a close. Unfortunately i did not keep this thread updated as i planned but the build went on nevertheless. I have a full parts list i am willing to share as well as answering any questions you all may have. I still have a handful of things id like to do, which i will post here.

RC Competitor
    That's a nice tuck!! I'd be interested in finding out what chassis. Engine, and mount is on there.. Looks like an OS .18 or 21tm. Very nice build. What a transformation

This brings me back! been a wile since Ive seen a race made nitro mt! looks great, looks well balanced.

I figure out a center skid. Don't want a rock or something to get up in there and bang up the breaks or lock up a cvd.

Also, figure out a way to move the trans forward so you can run 1/8th scale clutch/bell on it. Would hold up a lot better for longer runs. Looks like a really nice build.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Yup definaty needs a center skid.
    They can be made out of aluminum or plastic(like from a cheap tote).
    I hade to make mine out of aluminum with a plastic outer wear plate for my BB builds.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Yup definaty needs a center skid.
    They can be made out of aluminum or plastic(like from a cheap tote).
    I hade to make mine out of aluminum with a plastic outer wear plate for my BB builds.
    Wildman, did u say u have some big block Tmaxx builds? Looking for some ideas as I am thinking about going into the dark side with the Tmaxx.. Looking for any ideas as to what I would need to make my Tmaxx 3.3 (4908) big blocked. Any help would be gladly appreciated

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002 View Post
    That's a nice tuck!! I'd be interested in finding out what chassis. Engine, and mount is on there.. Looks like an OS .18 or 21tm. Very nice build. What a transformation
    The mount is made by traxxas (part TRA4960x) and the engine is a .21TM. The chassis is a .21 extended chassis by FLM that i have had a hard time finding again. Thank you for the kind words!

Nice build. Could you post some pics of that wing and wing mount? Thanks
    "Drive it like you stole it"

Quote Originally Posted by Nik02001 View Post
    The mount is made by traxxas (part TRA4960x) and the engine is a .21TM. The chassis is a .21 extended chassis by FLM that i have had a hard time finding again. Thank you for the kind words!
    As cramped as that rear looks between the header and tower, you sure it's extended? Or is it extended in the front?

Quote Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002 View Post
    Wildman, did u say u have some big block Tmaxx builds? Looking for some ideas as I am thinking about going into the dark side with the Tmaxx.. Looking for any ideas as to what I would need to make my Tmaxx 3.3 (4908) big blocked. Any help would be gladly appreciated
    You would need to buy or make an extended BB chassis, a BB/pipe/clutch combo, steel CVD's on the corners and dog bones down the middle.

I have 2 UE Thunder BB chassis's and 80% of the parts needed to get them put together.
    I still have some parts to make and a few to buy before I get to building them.

I have entirely too much cash tied up in mine.

I would tell you to get a Nitro rustler or sport to cut your Nitro "teeth" on and to see if its really right for you, no sence spending a ton only to find out its not for you.

There is a rather steep learning curve when it comes to nitros, and tuning, but they are still a lot of fun.

If you then decide its what you want to do, then start collecting parts for your build.
    Last edited by Wildman4910; 01-02-2017 at 08:10 AM.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    As cramped as that rear looks between the header and tower, you sure it's extended? Or is it extended in the front?
    I'm pretty sure its slightly longer than the 4907 chassis but still not the length of a true BB chassis. I referred to it as extended which may have been slightly misleading. However it is much longer than the original 4909 chassis that came with this truck.

On a late note. I picked up some 1/8 scale buggy shocks to address the suspension issue. All the shocks that people used about 5 years back are discontinued, expensive, or hard to find parts for. So that should be the next challenge to tackle now that the weather is warming up.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-01-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Here are the rear set of OFNA Hyper 9 shocks mounted. I ordered a set of Tekno springs to see if they rebound a bit better. I plan on picking up another set but I am still wondering whether or not the old shortened OFNA shafts that fit the LX2 shocks will fit in these. Im waiting on a seal kit for the Revo center diff to try to work up a better idea for the brake linkages.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor

New Rx Box, Servo, Misc.

Mounted and tuned the 1/8 shock setup and put on the new radio box. Received my aluminum rear brake hub from MrCrash and the quality is unbelievable compared to the plastic one that comes stock. For the price everyone should have one. New servo is great too. Still putting finishing touches on it, and still take it out about once a week. Broke the aluminum Traxxas engine mount which didn't surprise me due to the weight of it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Nik02001; 05-14-2017 at 12:49 PM.

RC Competitor

Installed Hot Racing Jato Brake Kit

This dual disc kit from Hot Racing is meant for the Jato but some Revo owners have used it as an upgrade to the Traxxas rear brake. I opted to use the single disc because space was a problem. With slight modification it fits perfectly and looks great!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Great build. Is that an O.S. air filter? Thing is huge.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix243 View Post
    Great build. Is that an O.S. air filter? Thing is huge.
    Motor Saver.