RC poster

i have 2 questions plz

i searched the forum and didn't find much of what im looking for so. the LVC warning. came on after about 4 min of flight. is that because I flew it in the cold temps? also the battery telemetry on the remote flashes pretty quickly. id say after 1 min of flight. it doesn't even lose bars. it just starts flashing. thanks guys

How old are the batteries? How have the batteries been treated? How cold?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Idk.i bought it used off ebay. Its in great shape tho. The original owner didnt know how to fly it. As far as temp. 25 degrees. I ordered extra batteries also. Should be getting them soon

RC Qualifier
    I never really pay any attention to the light on the controller... I never take my eye on the quad with how I fly, so cant offer any advice there. cold temps will definitely affect flight times. my experience in temps from the teens up to about 45 degrees, anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes depending on the wind chill factor and how much wind the quad has to fly against. I would say your times are just about right in that regard. if it was used, there isn't really any way of knowing how much or little the batteries were charged and flown, or how well the previous owner maintained them, so it was a good idea to pick up a couple new ones to try.
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC poster
    ok thanks guys. one more thing. are these the motors to get? http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...cl-0820-15-11t

RC Qualifier
    yes... those are a popular after market option and are plug and play. looks like the US warehouse is sold out again though.

RC poster
    Cool. Do they last long?

RC poster
    ok I got new batteries. an original latrax 650 mah and a 700 mah. on the 650 I got 7:47 on the 700 I got 9 min. not bad. I guess the battery that came with it was going bad.

RC Enthusiast
    I have noticed a big drop in flight times when I fly in colder temps (around freezing). I have also found that if I keep the batteries in my pocket until I am ready to plug them into the quad helps to extend the flight time.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb73 View Post
    Cool. Do they last long?
    they are rated for 5-6 hours of life time, like most brushed motors, so if you average it out at roughly 8 minutes per flight... 37-45 flights. some have reported more, some less... my experience with those motors was not very good, but many have reported very good results with them.
    it sounds like you have your flight times back with the new batteries? those are very good times for temperatures at or below freezing . I also have two of the 700's... I really like those batteries .

RC Enthusiast
    Hey BigB,

I have had my MMW 15's for months now and they are going strong. If you do decide to replace your motors whether with the MMW's or stock, "BE SURE TO BREAK THEM IN", by this I mean, run the motors thru one complete battery cycle at the min, speed the motors will hold without lifting off, (intermittently on-off power), once you've done that fly 2-3 more battery thru your Alias at 1/2 throttle, "NO MORE", (OK to fly thru these batteries) this will seat the new brushes and WILL extend the motor life. Also "REPLACE ALL FOUR MOTORS" when one goes down!! Last thing, when crashing, make sure to shut the motors down,"IF POSSIBLE" before you hit the ground. Leaving the motors on will result in either a burnt motor or worse a burnt board. These little birds are nearly bullet proof and are a blast to fly and with a little care of the motors you'll be flying for months with out issues.

PS, you can fly in the house too!!, fun actually, have fun!!!
    To new to expect to much, Fly, Fly, Fly

RC poster
    Thanks for the advise guys