Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Why did traxxas decide to go with this direct spur to diff assembly instead of a slipper? Just curious. Very curious. Lol

Oh also, I have my mamba max on its way for repair. When it gets back, I'm trying this thing out with 4s. Also, a fella got a titan 775 to fit in the sl4sh forum with minimal fuss. So I think that means I/we could use that and maybe I could make my 12v dewalt work.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Et3s is in, unlocked, and waterproofed. Soon I'll put it together, and try this puppy out on 4s.

I'm thinking I'll be back to stock speed, with much more torque. May also try my hv6.5 with and without the gru.

I'm still curious about this slipper in the truck. I believe I'm fathering that it is still a slipper of some sort. Why the different design? The slash slipper drops right in. And the old style flat 32p gears fit right on that slipper design. Any pros or cons to the stock telly slipper? I don't want much slipping, if any.

Very nice videos.....I have to read on that direct spur assembly, interesting. How will it work on the drive, the strains etc.
    Going to the hardware store and try and get the equivalent on mooslick here in Montreal.
    Live life to the fullest

I have read of armor all vehicle interior surface protectant working as an alternative .

There is an alternative reviewed here as well. Have you discovered CowRC will not ship to Canada?
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 02-08-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Is there such a thing as a 48p 5mm pinion gear?

RC Qualifier
    How do the bearing do with that utter butter in them?
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

So far so good.

I spent some time playing in this mess, and wasn't able to do any cleaning until a few days after. I haven't gotten in to the mm bearing yet, but everything else seems fine.

I have a 2250 sensored motor on the way. I'm hoping it can be geared for 30 and still crawl. I'd like to stick with 48p, but I may have to make the switch to 32p. I'm going to do some thinking on waterproofing the hall sensor. It is a GForce motor, and I am unsure if the sensor is made so you can get to it. I know from personal experience that water can fry them. Lol. I have no idea if a water proofer will affect its operation.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like fun! The reson im asking is beacuse I runing in the snow and iv had 3 bearing seas on me

I have had that happen about twice, then I started greasing my bearings. Honestly, just pick up some wheel bearing or marine grease from your local auto parts house or Walmart. I've done that with great success. I got the udder butter because I had a 30$ credit with CowRC I was using up. It's nice, but I think marine grease can do you very well, and no shipping, etc.

RC Qualifier
    I can get 5oz or marine greas for $10 how many bearing could I fill with 5oz that just doesn't sound like much
    I would buy from Amazon.

I really couldn't tell you. I buy mine in the grease tubes that go in a grease gun. I can look to see how much is in the CowRC tub. It'll last me forever.

Do you have access to a Walmart, auto zone, advance auto, etc? Walmart sells a tube of their house brand very reasonable, as well as the others I mentioned.

If you do have to order online, might as well go with the udder butter. If price isn't much different (I honestly don't remember). The udder butter is formulated specifically for our application. If I had some local access, though, I would just pick up grease and not worry about it.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 02-14-2015 at 08:57 PM.

What is the ratio of the brushed diffs? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to gear my new motor and new tires. Scriptasylum doesn't have the brushed diff option preprogrammed in.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    What is the ratio of the brushed diffs? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to gear my new motor and new tires. Scriptasylum doesn't have the brushed diff option preprogrammed in.
    3.91:1

Source: http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200813

Thank ya much!

New shoes and motor! 2.2 cut to fit short course beadlocks. They got a little neater with each trim, but all fit and looked fine in the end. I'm geared 14/54, as that was all I had in 32 pitch that would work. Still only comes out to 27 mph in the calculator on 3s, so it might be a good ratio. I covered the backside bearing with duck tape, and slathered dielectric grease on the sensor connections.

When I split the rear open there was evidence of water inside the rear bulkhead, but it was obvious that the oiled foam protected the diff input bearing, and I'd assume the inside of the diff.

It was a little tough to stuff the motor in there. Lol. But it's in. A quick little cruise around the front yard says everything is working well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gosh... I'd be scared to cut tires like that. I'd probably slip and .......OOPS.

I've also run 2.8s on 3.2 beadlocks...ain't nothin' to it!

Boy, a telly that can crawl and go fast is fun . This motor with the mmp is ultra smooth. If it didn't sound different, I'd think it was brushed. It's very fast. I will gear down a bit more if it'll mesh. I was able to slowly crawl stuff with precision, and take off at a good clip and jump stuff and grab wheelies.

I haven't had a chance to go to any really good spots with hard core crawling terrain, but I am hopeful it will perform very well.

I am undecided about how to add weight. Maybe inside the tires or on the rim on the outside, or maybe even just a little bit on the a arms. I have my weight I add behind the front bumper which seems to work well, but I wonder if weight in the tires would work better.

Love the size of those tires. So did you plug it to sensored set up to run it smoother or as is.
    Never heard of that motor, how are you liking it with the small test so far.
    Live life to the fullest

Love it! I hadn't either. Someone on URC sold it to me used. It was still in packaging though, I think it was "new but used" lol. I am running it sensored. After plugging in I coated the connftions with dielectric grease. If it becomes a permanent setup I may clean it well and seal the sensor connections with silicone.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    gforce is from valuehobby

I run a gforce battery in my trucks

I know it's made by valuehobby, but that still doesn't tell me anything. Haven't heard of them either . At any rate, so far, it seems nice.

RC Racer
    I just bought one for my stampede 4x4 and its a 4000mah 60c 3s lipo and I have ran 10 runs through it and I'm very happy with how it performs. It was $37 shipped! I got it from http://www.valuehobby.com and it took 4 days shipped to my door. Hope this helps

You bought the g force motor you say? I have two partial runs through it. I didn't put it through its paces yet, but it was faster than this truck had any business going, and low speed grunt was good too. Being a 1/8 motor, I hope the mmp will get along with it when summer comes.

First time with the body mounted and the 2.2s. These don't seem as grippy as the 1.9s though. I don't know if there is too much foam stuffed in the tire, or if perhaps the 2.2 foams are firmer than the 1.9s. I believe they are both r35 compound.

Anybody have experience with the hpi soft foams vs stock axial foams? Maybe I just need more weight on each tire.

The weather to enjoy this is upon me .

I've dug this bad boy out of the corner of the closet. For some reason I have the crazy idea to pick up some integy front a arms to add some weight down low. Somebody PLEASE talk me out of this! Hahaha

I have some g8 swampers I've had sitting forever in the package I've gotten out and trimmed and am about to install.

Funny you said that my first metal on the pede was a rear alloy arm from integy...funily it survived lots of crashes, it was stronger then I had anticipated . Offcourse I did not buy other integy stuff but that and my super heavy erevo integy roll cage did very well.

I would not buy any other integy parts because they are quite expensive for my taste , same price as hr when I pass by at my lhs.
    Live life to the fullest

Seriously though, does anyone think that some aluminum a arms might help in that respect? I thought about adding some stick on weights to them but the real estate is slim. I have a weight I stick behind the front bumper sometimes that certainly helps.

I'm normally against aluminum a arms, but this thing calculates to run a whopping 23mph or something on 4s, and I generally run on 3s. And of course actual will be less than theoretical.

Plus some blue aluminun would look sweet with the green and blue theme .

I have some blue aluminum rims I want to see if I can make work. They are 2.2s. I want to look at seeing if I can make axle carriers from a 2wd work. Or trim the stockers some. And the rims.

I can vouch for conformal coating! Et 3s here. Connectors for sensors coated in dielectric grease.

https://youtu.be/4Y2Yvp8oxM4

And another:

https://youtu.be/jxm8NABX1hg
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 12-02-2015 at 08:54 PM.

A couple more videos. I was really trying to capture how the ruts here can show the suspension working well to keep all four on the ground, but this driving and videoing thing is hard!

https://youtu.be/f0mjq9fvsB4

https://youtu.be/XPu6JLrncm8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12