RC poster

Question Latrax Alias quadcopter

Hello, my Quadcopter has the flashing led, what do I do? He is not party to any site, this in perfect conditions.
    thank you

I'm sure I do not understand the problem.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantumi View Post
    Hello, my Quadcopter has the flashing led, what do I do?
    Are you referring to the blue LED on the back of the Alias?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Sounds like it's waiting to be bound to a transmitter. Not sure of the procedure for that though. Does it still blink if you turn on the transmitter first?

RC poster
    no, in the instructions book it says that the Alias has entered in the safety mode. I have verified and it isn't broken anywhere. What do you think I must do?

RC poster
    yes, if I don't turn on the transmitter the LED doesn't blink

If the quadcopter has a battery connected and the transmitter is OFF, the blue LED at the rear blinks. This is intentional.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    i am not talking about the rear LED, i am talking about the other four LEDīs, in the instructions book it says that the Alias has entered in the safety mode.

RC poster
    This usually is a low battery indication (per the manual). Charge your battery pack.

RC Qualifier
    if the four led's on the arms are blinking, yes, the quad has entered overcurrent protection which occurs anytime any of the four rotor blades strike an object hard enough to stop it from spinning. I am not sure I understand the issue either? can you post a video of how you are powering it up and what it is doing? that would be a big help for us to help you.

so, if I understand you correctly... you turn on the transmitter, the red light on the transmitter comes on, you plug in the battery to the Alias, and it immediately goes in to over current with the four arms blinking... is that correct? have you tired pressing in the throttle stick when this happens? typically, this is how you re-arm the Alias from that fault when this happens from a crash.

had it been crashed prior to this? I ask this because if it had a severe enough crash in to something solid while the motors were running, it is possible that it could have fried something on the main board?
    in order to try and help you figure out what is going on, we really need to know any and all information you can provide .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Qualifier
    this is from the manual...

• All of the LED lights on the helicopter are flashing. 1. The helicopter has gone into over-current protection mode. Move the helicopter to a clear area, arm the helicopter again, and continue flying. If the helicopter will not fly correctly or the LED lights start flashing again, unplug the battery and inspect the helicopter for damage.
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC poster
    My first Alias four days ago did exactly the same, second day of owning it. Every time you turned on the transmitter and then plugged in the battery on the quad, it went straight into over current mode. If you press the throttle to re arm it, it would arm and then disarm. Took it back to the dealer and he tried everything, he said he knows them inside out. But could not fix it. Just gave me a new one. Now the second one two days old, a motor has died. Just take it back to the dealer, and get another one, hopefully.
    Good luck

RC poster
    Today I received the replacement board for my quad. After replacing the circuit board I got all 4 Leds as an over current indicator. I rebound the Tx to the Rx. As specified as well as linked the Tx and Rx. This still did not work. I would occasionally get the props to engage but very briefly. This is how I remedied the problem. Removed circuit board from model. Unplug all motor wires with battery disconnected. Now ensure your transmitter is bound and linked to the Rx. Turn Tx on. Plug charged battery into board and see if you still get the 4 flashing Leds. If Leds are now solid disconnect battery and plug one motor in. Reapply power to Rx and see if you get the flash if not disconnect battery and plug in next motor. Power up and check for flash after repeating this procedure for all 4 motors I did not have the 4 led flash sequence after completing this procedure . I am only assuming that if you do or did get a flashing Led indication this would potentially mean there is a problem with the last motor plugged in. Reset the model on a flat surface according to the instructions in the manual
    Everything is reset and model flies Awesome.
    Hope this helps someone else.
    Last edited by looparmykamloop; 01-10-2015 at 01:14 AM.