RC poster

motor upgrade for my brushed e-revo 1/16

Ok so to start I'm new to this page, second I got a e revo brushed 1/16. I'm ready to go brushless but I'm completely lost. Is the vxl motor good? What gear ratio do I need. What are the parts I'll need for upgrade. Any help would be great.

The vxl motor is good. The esc is the weak part but you can get a sidewinder 3 pretty cheap.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC poster
    Ok I ordered the vxl with the esc. I'll look in to replacing that later. Now next question the vxl e revo has an overall drive of 9.00 the brushed e revo is something like 15.5 or some where around there. How would I go about lowering the overall drive ratio?

RC Qualifier
    lol love how you ordered a motor/ESC and than asked what to get

RC poster
    Well I asked then after getting 33 views and no replys. I just made my own choice.
    Really at the end of the day I can figure all this out being that I'm a mechanic but it's faster with a little help.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DVPOTATO View Post
    Well I asked then after getting 33 views and no replys. I just made my own choice.
    Really at the end of the day I can figure all this out being that I'm a mechanic but it's faster with a little help.
    don't forget to get a 380 notor mount....
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Stock ratio for vxl merv is 28p 50spur.

RC poster
    Can i run the 24/50 gear ratio or am i got to break stuff/ have a loss of power. And thank you froggymaxx i went and picked that up today. OK and one more question what does 8t and 12t motor mean?
    Last edited by DVPOTATO; 01-03-2015 at 01:58 AM.

RC Qualifier
    24/50 gear ratio is fine, its what you need to keep the motor/ESC cool so you got one job done for you

RC poster
    Well thank you all.

RC Qualifier
    28/50 is higher speed = more load and heat for electrics. Some, like mine can take it for years on stock setup. Others will burn up. It is supposed to be able to do 3s on stock gearing, but... So lower gearing (24) is safer. I would still run fan and heatsink too. The cooler the better.

RC Qualifier
    You would love a neu motor with a mmp
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    thats what i am ordering right now accually, it should ship in the next day or so because i ordered it on the 6 of november and they said it can take up to 8 weeks, a little dissapointing that i had to wait 2 MONTHS for this thing but its over now :P
    i do see you have the 1112 version, how did you fit it? i am getting the 1110/1y which is complete drop in but i saw yours is 400 watts more!!!!