Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    But what about the fact that the stubs are different front to back? I'm guessing this means tekno carriers would be necessary? Or does a revo use different shafts front to rear?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    It will probably work on the XO1 carriers too....are those bigger bearings as well and take 6mm stub axles. So many possibilites....
    The rears are same as standard bearings just a 6mm. You know how your revo stubs has that big inner bearing on all your axles just like how the fronts of the pede has that big inner bearing. And the rears uses same inner and outer bearing. That's how the xo1 is.
    But I'm wondering and I too might have to test fit this. But aren't the revo stub axles where wait it'll have to be the summits axles that will work (maybe) with the mip stub axles. Since the summits axles uses the pin like mip where as the revo uses U joints just like stock pede axles right?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    But what about the fact that the stubs are different front to back? I'm guessing this means tekno carriers would be necessary? Or does a revo use different shafts front to rear?
    Well after looking at exploded view the revo / summit uses a 12x18 inner bearings where as the teknos all around and stampede slash fronts inner bearing uses a 10x15. So bearings would also have to be changed to special ones if wanting to use the stubs.

So you would need 12x15 inner bearings?

I've just often wondered if revo shafts might be the inexpensive solution we've been looking for all along. Even if they didn't last forever. I won't lie, if the stockers lasted more than one run I'd just keep them. I find ways to break anything, and they are cheap to replace.

If revo shafts could last a while, and be cheap, I'd run them. I have one truck with xo1 carriers already.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 02-07-2015 at 04:35 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So you would need 12x15 inner bearings?

I've just often wondered if revo shafts might be the inexpensive solution we've been looking for all along. Even if they didn't last forever. I won't lie, if the stockers lasted more than one run I'd just keep them. I find ways to break anything, and they are cheap to replace.

If revo shafts could last a while, and be cheap, I'd run them. I have one truck with xo1 carriers already.

Lol after a good search and key words and multiple thread jumping I finally found them. One using the revo shafts and another using tmaxx shafts.

Revo shafts

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...uled-Slash-4x4

And the tmaxx shafts
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...s-for-under-35!

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Lol after a good search and key words and multiple thread jumping I finally found them. One using the revo shafts and another using tmaxx shafts.

Revo shafts

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...uled-Slash-4x4

And the tmaxx shafts
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...s-for-under-35!
    Great links, looks like the revo mod is defintely worth a try.....as I stated they look humangus and intimidating, real monsters...looks like I will keep my ereb sets for one of those day when you may need them
    Last edited by Jezza; 02-07-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Guys answer me this. I just want to run the 6mm mip knuckle 08137 with my Revo spec diffs and slash/pede mip cvds. Am I good to go? I dont want revo axles im fine with the stampede MIP cvds

The stock summit shafts are stronger than the erevos so I have heard....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Guys answer me this. I just want to run the 6mm mip knuckle 08137 with my Revo spec diffs and slash/pede mip cvds. Am I good to go? I dont want revo axles im fine with the stampede MIP cvds
    What say you guys? Ill be happy if im good to go, might be done buying parts

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dunno if the ball is same size. I guess I have a summit I could take a quick look and see but that's only gonna tell me if mip will work with stock summit and mip may or may not be different in size.

Edit: I tried to fit mip stub axle into my summit shaft I have as a spare and the mip is a little big. Wouldn't fit inside shaft. And since I don't have 6mm outdrive so can't see if the summits outdrive and mip axles will work. The best thing would be is call mip and see if the outdrives are the same as far as length and if the ball is same size.
    Last edited by Er33; 02-07-2015 at 08:57 PM.

I will check them out tommorow; its true the summit cvds are a preffered choice, if you dont have the 08137 MIP yet then use right away the summits as a test, as that is also 6mm I beleive, so there fore it will fit flush with the diff output shaft.

Unfortunately I dont have a summit cvd, thought I had , that is not the case.

Tommorow I am just going to try the erevo just on one, since I have already installed all my MIP sets, just to see if it fits.
    Last edited by Jezza; 02-07-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    If you guys have the parts to verify great. Come monday if we havent heard ill call mip and ask them

I just wanna make stock revo or summit shafts work. Lol. They look like they could stand up to a slash with reasonable power.

I just wanna make stock revo or summit shafts work. Lol. They look like they could stand up to a slash with reasonable power.
    May be I should send you over these erbe shafts.....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Lots going on. When someone finds out if you can use MIP 08137 with MIP 11109 & 11110 let me know. Thats all I want to do. If it got verified already I apologize, I missed it

Lots going on. When someone finds out if you can use MIP 08137 with MIP 11109 & 11110 let me know. Thats all I want to do. If it got verified already I apologize, I missed it
    I thought you already read my build; thats what I did
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol yea it would be nice. But after looking at the thread I posted earlier he wasn't able to do the revo ones up front due to steering part of it. I don't know if he wasn't able to turn much. I don't see them hitting any of the camber or toe turnbuckles. The e maxx shafts are smaller which was able to use in the other thread and revo ones in back. Looks like a fun challenge. But since I'm converting my trucks from MT to street dunno if I will. Then again if I made my sons with this mod it'll look more of a muscle car or dragster rear end BIG. Decisions decisions.

Ok done thinking. Let's do it

I thought you already read my build; thats what I did
    Well there you go dirk. It will work lol.
    Last edited by Er33; 02-07-2015 at 10:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok. I blew right by it then. Thanks for the good news

In fact I got a confirmation from MIP before I purchases the 08137, it works with the kits I have for the slash 10130 and 10132 ans also the set you had mentioned for the '4X4 pede; works out a bit more expensive but I thought to myself I already went this far may as well go the full halt.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol yea he responded to you with that part number. Post 33 of this thread. Don't feel bad I missed it too

RC Qualifier
    Being new to the addiction I find it good policy to ask, confirm, then reconfirm before I spend any money. Cheaper for me in the end.

RC Qualifier
    Quick question. Just looking to clarify what parts are needed to incorporate mip08137 into my build? Looks like the set screws that hold the hub to the 6mm out drives from the diff are 5mm? I know I get 2 with each hub. Then I go looking at getting a rebuild kit for the other end of the hub. Does kit mip1147 work with the 6mm hub? No one mentioned extra parts so I assume it does? While im ordering the 08137's I want to order some spare parts/rebuild kits.

Thanks

Quick question. Just looking to clarify what parts are needed to incorporate mip08137 into my build? Looks like the set screws that hold the hub to the 6mm out drives from the diff are 5mm? I know I get 2 with each hub. Then I go looking at getting a rebuild kit for the other end of the hub. Does kit mip1147 work with the 6mm hub? No one mentioned extra parts so I assume it does? While im ordering the 08137's I want to order some spare parts/rebuild kits.

Thanks
    There are no extra parst needed at all; the 08137 comes already withs its screws to go into the 6mm diff out put shaft; I am not too keen on the two grub screws on any moving part so I am using all my extra erevo long screws to set them in, I think on the traxxas screws you have two choices 5189 4x13mm and 5145 4x15mm.

As for all the couplins I think they are all of the same size with the MIP, so I am assuming that the MIP 1147 are all the same ones on the x duty, and other parts (I also have the MIP splice cvds for the erbe but did not compare them to the x duty and like to leave it in the package untill I start building another erbe), anyway mine was a direct fit, thats why I assumed they are off the same size. No slops at all. But also pose the questiosn directly to them if you want a more confirmed answer. They take a few days to respond, but they often do.
    Last edited by Jezza; 02-08-2015 at 01:16 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Thanks jezza. It may seem repetitive to you but its a lot of figuring for me. I appreciate your help

RC Qualifier
    Do you have to shorten both or just the 15mm long?

Thanks jezza. It may seem repetitive to you but its a lot of figuring for me. I appreciate your help
    No worries , you are welcome
    Do you have to shorten both or just the 15mm long?
    I am actually use the 15mm, it come out a bit on the other side but does not hinder or touch any other part, so all is good for me; I had a lot in stock thats why I used them. The 13mm, I will eventually get them to see how well fit it will be.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No worries , you are welcome

I am actually use the 15mm, it come out a bit on the other side but does not hinder or touch any other part, so all is good for me; I had a lot in stock thats why I used them. The 13mm, I will eventually get them to see how well fit it will be.
    The 13mm ones fit better. I too use the 15 ones but had to shave them down. They was hitting my aluminum towers and I couldn't use the 13 since they go with my 17mm adaptors on another truck

RC Qualifier
    Ill order both. They arent that expensive

RC Qualifier
    Which ring gear should I use to complete the new upgraded diffs? I noticed the Xo-1 has a different part number for the front and rear ring gears? Do I order each part number or just order the one # x2?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Which ring gear should I use to complete the new upgraded diffs? I noticed the Xo-1 has a different part number for the front and rear ring gears? Do I order each part number or just order the one # x2?
    Do you already have stock ring gears of the vxl model right. They are the same ring gears as of the xo1 and the revo has same ring gear. Difference in part numbers is cause of the pinion gear. The front has a stub coming out that connects to a gear that slides into the center shaft. The rear has a hole where the slipper shaft slides into

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. I will order 2 new ring gears. Thanks for clarifying

RC Qualifier
    I fully assembled my revo spec front & rear diffs. They are 100% brand new. Used the revo hd diff cups and rebuild kit, I bar, new ring gear and new rubber sealed avid bearings. Also installed new diff housings and bulk heads front and back. Used 50 in the front and 30 in the rear. Used white lithium grease in the diff housing. Pretty bulletproof. Only thing was the MIP 6mm drive hubs are back ordered until next friday

I fully assembled my revo spec front & rear diffs. They are 100% brand new. Used the revo hd diff cups and rebuild kit, I bar, new ring gear and new rubber sealed avid bearings. Also installed new diff housings and bulk heads front and back. Used 50 in the front and 30 in the rear. Used white lithium grease in the diff housing. Pretty bulletproof. Only thing was the MIP 6mm drive hubs are back ordered until next friday
    Awsome so at least we know that now two people run the erevo spec with the 6mm. US...do chime in when you get a chance to drive yours, out here the temp has been too cold for the past two and half weeks. All my trucks are on the shelve staring at me
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Jezza. So I got the revo spec diffs and mip 08137 put together. I have a question for you. Have you ever had an axle separate? It appears that you lose around 3/16" in length because the revo/tmax 6mm drive hub is shorter. Its tricky to get a great measurement. I didnt measure the out drives before I sealed the diff to see if there was any difference in length. So I guess im just wondering if you have had any problems with the mip axle separating when at full droop? It just appears that im approximately 3/16" shorter because of the mip08137 part. Any input on the matter?

Jezza. So I got the revo spec diffs and mip 08137 put together. I have a question for you. Have you ever had an axle separate? It appears that you lose around 3/16" in length because the revo/tmax 6mm drive hub is shorter. Its tricky to get a great measurement. I didnt measure the out drives before I sealed the diff to see if there was any difference in length. So I guess im just wondering if you have had any problems with the mip axle separating when at full droop? It just appears that im approximately 3/16" shorter because of the mip08137 part. Any input on the matter?
    Yikes I have not got the chance to test mine untill now, been waiting for parts from the lst for the past three weeks. Also it has been to cold, I did not check the difference in lenght as I have my shock set up to the poit where it will never seprate, I ddi not think also that there will be a lot of difference (it looks negligeable) Looks like I may have to look at it more closely. I was working on the erbe so my slash has been a shelf queen.
    Last edited by Jezza; 02-22-2015 at 08:25 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    It might not be a problem. A more experienced person like yourself would know when you see it. If im right on my approximation to the point its an issue or could be, the question would be whats the fix? I would like to know if you can get a longer female half axle from mip that is longer but not to long or it might not work at full suspension compression. Im going to call mip tomorrow and see if I can upgrade that piece and get it back to stock tolerances.

Let me know what you think when you get assembly done

It might not be a problem. A more experienced person like yourself would know when you see it. If im right on my approximation to the point its an issue or could be, the question would be whats the fix? I would like to know if you can get a longer female half axle from mip that is longer but not to long or it might not work at full suspension compression. Im going to call mip tomorrow and see if I can upgrade that piece and get it back to stock tolerances.

My whole assembli is done, I have run it in the air, but have not run it outside yet. In fact I am waiting on new wheels.
    From the test at full throttle in teh air, I do not think it will ever drop off. More over at my setting thee is a siginficant amount of the other half inside the shaft, so I do not for see problems.

Try yours out. I have my rear and front shock set at the last hole of the arm. even if I move it up it will be fine with the camber links set properly, you would not have any play. Also more over you still have the shock tower adjustements still vailbale too.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

If you need longer male spline and still want your truck sitting high get the rustler male spline from mip. They are longer and are recommended for those who run protrac A arms. If they are too long then you can cut them down. I have a set now on my truck that's modified to run either rpm arms or protrac arms
    Here it is with rpm arms

and here with protrac arms

RC Qualifier
    Er33, before I order the rustler male spline. I assume you did this on all 4 corners? Also are those white springs on D8 shocks? I found with my D8's I have to have the pre load 3/4 way DOWN to prevent bottom out

I am going to test mine out first before going to Er33's route. So far it looks promising, I do not think there will be a fall out, but at least another option is availbale.
    Live life to the fullest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast