RC Champion

Best upgrade so far

Today after beating on the rally drifter with 4S. Took some stuff apart to look for damage. At the same time, decided to tighten up the front end. Went bought the 7033X and 7028X and shimmed the front wheel bearing. What a difference in handling. Well worth the money and effort.

Will this correct slop in the knuckles?

RC Champion
    U bet.
    If you decide to do it, aside from changing these parts. I would recommend shimming the front wheel bearings. We bought this revo (rally now) used, it came with a Savox servo. It works well according to the previous owner.

These will work with the stock knuckles? I will ask about shimming later . Thanks

RC Champion
    Yes. they do.

Ordered and thank you, i'm guessing shimming would be something like a washer in between the bearing and tire to reduce slop?

RC Champion
    Yw. Don't tighten the hex too much when you get it. About 1/16 of a turn after they made contact works for me so far. I also hit the inside cavity with antiseize before screwing the hex in.
    Washer probably is going to be to thick for shims. I am sure there are pre-machined stuff you can buy with different thicknesses.
    I happen to have a roll of 20 thou thick shim stock and made my own. You can use left over body trims or plastics from packaging. Might have to stack a few.
    I shim the outer wheel bearing outboard to reduce the distance between the pin and the bearing. I am sure you can shim the inner wheel bearing to achieve the same thing. For the center hole for the axle, I use the brass o-ring guide that comes with the traxxas carb rebuild kit as a punch. Works pretty good. I debur them using a sharpening stone.

Thanks blown, can't wait to get it up and running. Any other tips or tricks would be appreciated. I'm currently stock vxl running 2 and 3s black springs in front tan in the rear. Went out with some sticky tires on 3s, hooked up great but the slightest turn would send it flying end over end. Destroyed my new body.

RC Champion
    Yw.
    Mine is set up as a drifter for that reason.
    I found center diff really helps these cars. Perhaps sway bar.
    As for the springs, I run mine with the stock rally set up. White springs all around (green and tan I think) with different orfice and limiter.
    I have been looking for a drift body for ours. The Fiesta body is missing pieces around the fenders area.