RC poster

DR1 Short Flights

I'm getting very short (1-2 minute) flights with my DR1. The battery does not appear to be the problem. Once the flight ends, after the blue flashing light and reduced power, if I cycle the power switch on both the helicopter and the controller, I can fly again for another couple minutes with plenty of power. Same thing after it dies again. I have repeated this procedure 5 times and have been able to keep flying on the same charge.

Is there a circuit on the main board that is ending my flights early in error?

What can be done to fix this problem?

It would be nice if it didn't monitor the battery and just flew until there was nothing left.

Thanks,

Marty

RC poster
    Stock radio?

RC poster
    Yes, stock radio.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I recently had a similar problem with a non traxxas product. I assume it was a board issue, as I thought it was the battery, so I bought a new battery, and it still did it. this quad did not use to do that, it would trigger the low power blinks within 3 seconds of flight, as opposed to the 5 minutes it used to do....

I contacted that company's customer service, and they said, send me your address for a new one.... came a week or so later, the new one did not have the same issue