RC Qualifier

funny car body fabrication.

I am getting the traxxas funny car in a couple of months,,,,,,,,
    I have a rc hard body that I am going to build in to a hot rod for the funny car ,,,while I am waiting
    for my funny car ....I have a question......
    if I have a funny car display chassis and I build the hard body rc car to fit the display chassis?,,,
    will it fit directly on the rc funny car when it arrives .
    I have purchased the front body latch and wing mount that is the hinge mechanism for the funny car body, also i have the front bumper that is the bottom half of the latch for the body front mount..........
    if I mod all the mounts and latches front and back and the new hard body fits correctly onto the
    funny car display will it match the funny car chassis,,,,
    does anyone have the funny car and the display chassis and do the bodies change from one to the other easily just by undoing the front latch and using the two screws on the rear frame hinge?

RC Qualifier

Cool

I am still about a month or so away from ordering my funny car .....
    I thought for sure that someone somewhere would have a funny car and also a display chassis and would be kind enough to
    answer a simple question ,,,,does anyone have the funny car and the display chassis and do the bodies change from one to the other easily just by undoing the front latch and using the two screws on the rear frame hinge?
    after waiting for an answer ,,,,I decided to build the hotrod body..it sits waiting on the display chassis.....
    for the arrival of the RC FUNNYCAR that is still a month or so away from being ordered.....
    all that is left is to make a wire latch for the front of the hot rod body and attach it with two screws ....
    and it will go from 99% to 100% all the way live ...cant wait ,,,,thanks for all the helpful comments and wonderful input
    from those of you that are lucky enough to already own a funny car ....I hope that when you have a question or need help ,,,
    that someone steps up with speed and kindness in the same manner as you have done for me.
    Last edited by MONKEYPIARATE; 01-19-2015 at 10:37 PM.

RC Champion
    Sorry you are not getting any input.
    I don't own a funny car but would love to see what you have built. An old Jungle Jim monza or the Snake's Army car would be awesome.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blown68ssrs View Post
    Sorry you are not getting any input.
    I don't own a funny car but would love to see what you have built. An old Jungle Jim monza or the Snake's Army car would be awesome.
    thanks for the reply ......I was hoping that someone would see both humor and sarcasm in my post and give a reply.
    that being said ,,,,I too would have loved to build a Jungle Jim Monza or a Don the Snake Prudom funny car.
    but I thought that I did not see any challenge in a funny car shell.......so I chose something much harder ........
    a hotrod roadster ,,,,open wheel,, fake blownmotor ,,,,AMC GREMLIN ,,,,,,
    I got the body style from a hotwheels , GREASED GREMLIN... if you want to see what my humble attempt looks like,,,,,
    I know that it is not perfect but it will be fully functional after I order the actual rc funny car
    you can find it here: your input is welcome.
    http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/thread...y-build.36318/

RC Champion
    I like it. Big Bad Green with Force on a bad day at the wheel. One of the coolest footage that I seen was a Gremlin did a 4 wheel leap at the starting light. I might still have it on Beta.
    I am glad that you took the single 4 off and replaced it with an Enderle. With the headers and small block chevy, it looks like a cross between an alter and junior fuel. Pre-ProMod days, run what you brung.
    I would love to see someone come up with a line lock set up and do an actual burn out with no anchor.
    Very nice built. Thanks for sharing.

RC Qualifier
    thanks for your reply and input,,, I wish it had turned out better but with the first time on most projects there is a learning curve...in my mind at least I know it can be done ....stock RC'S are nice ...as the saying goes -variety is the spice of life.
    thanks again for your input ...after I get some experience with the funny car I will make a line lock and get it on video for you.

RC Champion
    Awesome. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered the funny car today and about the end of the week we will see how easily the funny car body changes from the
    display chassis to the rc chassis.

RC Champion
    Good stuff.
    Need a video of a smokey burnout. John Force style.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blown68ssrs View Post
    Good stuff.
    Need a video of a smokey burnout. John Force style.
    I wonder how many funny car owners have ruined their first set of tires trying to make them smoke......
    after I get some experience with the funny car ,,,,I have 2 sets of rear funny car tires that I run on my traxxas bandit for 3s speed runs ....when I get the line lock figured out ...I might sacrifice 1 set the john force burnout... but it is nit likely I can attempt it with no experience ...time will tell the tale of the smokey burnout John Force style.

RC Qualifier
    the electronics.
    [img] [/img]
    overall under body
    [img] [/img]
    CUSTOM HARDBODY GREMLIN HOTROD .
    [img] [/img]
    Last edited by MONKEYPIARATE; 01-29-2015 at 10:46 PM.

RC poster
    Wash them with wd40 and buff them with a rag or cloth. The rubber will have a sticky film on it. You can get a great burnout on an old piece of carpet using 3s.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks a lot I will keep that in mind.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Davedog01 View Post
    Wash them with wd40 and buff them with a rag or cloth. The rubber will have a sticky film on it. You can get a great burnout on an old piece of carpet using 3s.
    I tried soaking the tires in bleach. No smoke. Haven't thought of carpet. Can you get them to smoke?

RC Qualifier
    just installed the pro back half from rlchobbies ,,,its a improved wheelie bar and quick release for the body
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]