My new Graupner Radicator 2

Hey Guys,

So, I couldn't resist myself after I saw Emaxx2.0 got one sometime ago... Picture from the seller...

Just got it from Germany, brand new, no servos or radio, but MESC and motor are included...

Hope it clears local Customs, it's going to be a pain to paid taxes for it, but I think it's worth it...

I'll post more pictures as soon as it arrives, will add the vintage servos and receiver too...

Daniel.

Last edited by danielhr77; 01-11-2015 at 03:25 PM.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Very nice and mint! I have always thought the use of the street sport chassis and other mixture of
    parts was pretty cool.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Thanks Dave! Yes, and there are at least three more cars, both of them Mercedes, that I'm still trying to get.

Well, got the Rad 2 today! Looks really nice! Spent all morning trying to release it from Customs, and finally could, those guys are jerks. I'll post more pictures later... Btw, I hate when the trucks or parts come from a smoking home... Is there a way to remove that smell???

Edited for bypassing the language filter. Inserting symbols in place of a starred out word is against the forum rules.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-05-2015 at 09:58 AM.

RC Racer
    Start smoking, then you won't notice! I am kidding. I too have received stuff that has that certain odor. Time and clean air is all I've found that works. Get rid of the packing material as well. Nice RAD 2!

Mark

Jealous - I want to add one of these to my collection some day to compliment my original RAD2 I purchased in 1991.

I had a car from a smoking house too. I cleaned it with bleach/water solution that my wife keeps for cleaning the house. Once you get the built up "tar" off the parts, the smell should be gone. Or you could sell it to me, I dont mind the smell (ex-smoker and proud to be)!

My new Graupner Radicator 2

@Cooleocool: I never bypassed the language filter, I just hit every single key from 1 to 0 with shift pressed, like this [deleted]

So, more images from the seller, I'm too lazy to take new ones:

I'll try to get the original servos, receiver and maybe the ESC...

I'll also post the manual in German shortly...

Hope you like it!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-05-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    @Cooleocool: I never bypassed the language filter, I just hit every single key from 1 to 0 with shift pressed, like this...
    And that is still not allowed, so don't do it again.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I'm just amazed by those yellow rims, they look so good! I think I'm going to replace the bushing for bearings too (not the blue ones), don't you agree ksb51rl?
    Last edited by danielhr77; 02-05-2015 at 11:13 PM.

You should have known you were going to get yelled at!

I thought the original Graupner Radicator 2 had pink wheels. We're there 2 versions or did I see one that had been modified?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Does a standard magnum trans and rusty ft bulkhead fit the chassis???? That's pretty sweet....
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I thought the original Graupner Radicator 2 had pink wheels. We're there 2 versions or did I see one that had been modified?
    Yes, there where two versions, this one and the Expert with pink wheels: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...dicator-Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Does a standard magnum trans and rusty ft bulkhead fit the chassis???? That's pretty sweet....
    The chassis is in fact a Street Sport chassis but with different mounting holes for the bulkhead and transmission. So, in this one yes, a standard magnum trans fits, and the front bulkhead and entire suspension is from the TRX-3 in black instead of white.

The top front chassis is different too, the servo is mounted like in the Rusty, horizontal, under it and with bellcranks. But in the original Street Sport is mounted vertical on top of it, with no bellcranks, like in the Stampede.

Everything else looks the same as far as I saw. Wanted to check for bearings inside the tranny but I don't want to disasemble it, I'm afraid I could strip some threads or something like that.

The front end suspension arms are tcp long arms with trx 3 steering blocks :-)
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Yes, there where two versions, this one and the Expert with pink wheels: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...dicator-Expert

The chassis is in fact a Street Sport chassis but with different mounting holes for the bulkhead and transmission. So, in this one yes, a standard magnum trans fits, and the front bulkhead and entire suspension is from the TRX-3 in black instead of white.

The top front chassis is different too, the servo is mounted like in the Rusty, horizontal, under it and with bellcranks. But in the original Street Sport is mounted vertical on top of it, with no bellcranks, like in the Stampede.

Everything else looks the same as far as I saw. Wanted to check for bearings inside the tranny but I don't want to disasemble it, I'm afraid I could strip some threads or something like that.

I know this is an age old thread, since I just got my own 2 Graupner Radicator 2s I wanted to clarify some things:

There were 3 different Graupner Radicators:

1. Radicator: Plastic chassis like Rad2, no bearings, no slipper, pink wheels, planetary diff
    2. Radicator Expert: Graphite chassis (from Blue Eagle?), Fiber shock towers, full BBs, Bandit Rear with ball diff and slipper, pink wheels
    3. Radicator 2: The car in this thread, yellow wheels, no BBs, no slipper, planetary diff

BTW, there is a newer Rodicator 4WD by Graupner, but it has NOTHING to do
    with the cars mentioned above.

Chassis: Street Sport with different holes --> correct
    Front: TRX 3 bulkhead, and suspension --> correct
    Front Arms: noticed just yesterday, longer than TRX3, but shorter than Bandit (will post pics)
    Front chassis brace: Unique to this car (I believe)

Since the TRX3 front bulkhead is unavailable, I had to split a Bandit bulkhead down the middle. Great hack since the parts are dirt cheap.

The same hack has been done with a TRX3 :
    HERE

I will try to post pics of the progress.
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 07-01-2019 at 02:27 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    The front end suspension arms are tcp long arms with trx 3 steering blocks :-)

I should've read everything. That makes sense. I got 2 pairs of TRX regular arms (trx2631) cheap off the bay, the wide TCP arms (trx2621) are uber-rare