RC Competitor

Question I Need Help With the tqi stuff

I have the slash 4x4 and im still using the stock remote. I was wondering if i needed the other 100 dollar remote. I also have the bluetooth backing for it.

What is it youre wanting to do? If the stock remote is working, why spend the $100? If youre wanting to use the bluetooth, I believe you will need the transmitter with the blue "I" on it. If you have that, you just need the module that installs in the back of it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dski View Post
    What is it youre wanting to do? If the stock remote is working, why spend the $100? If youre wanting to use the bluetooth, I believe you will need the transmitter with the blue "I" on it. If you have that, you just need the module that installs in the back of it.
    is this the right remote because the app dosen't connect to the receiver and i dont know how to fix that iv'e been re-bind the remote and the receiver

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dski View Post
    is this the right remote because the app dosen't connect to the receiver and i dont know how to fix that iv'e been re-bind the remote and the receiver

It's the blutooth compatible TQi transmitter but is the Link module installed (on the other side)?

You need the bluetooth module part# 6511 installed on the other side of the transmitter. Download the app for your phone. Launch the app. In the app itself is the option to "Connect". It DOES NOT connect to the phones Bluetooth. This can be a bit misleading. Hope this helps...

I have a TQi that looks very similar except it has an iphone dock on the base. I have an android soo???? I see no place to put a bluetooth module on the other side...am I screwed or are there other options....this is with a Slash 4x4 Ultimate so I believe some of the sensors are already in place...ideas? Its a 6807L model Ultimate...Thanks!!

RC Qualifier
    You have to buy the new tqi version to use bluetooth and your android phone.
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

RC Enthusiast
    you have to buy the module that goes on the back of the radio. the module is $45, and you have to also buy the sensors and hook them up. its about $75 all together
    Pede Power

RC poster
    I have the new wireless module and my problem is I bought a brand new unopened traxxas docking base at a ebay auction This unknown by me is useless on this controller so I need to find out who can use it. My question is how can you mount your cell phone on the wireless controller?

RC Qualifier

You will need this module to go in there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I have a TQi that looks very similar except it has an iphone dock on the base. I have an android soo???? I see no place to put a bluetooth module on the other side...am I screwed or are there other options....this is with a Slash 4x4 Ultimate so I believe some of the sensors are already in place...ideas? Its a 6807L model Ultimate...Thanks!!
    Docking base is only for idevices max iphone 4s. That why they have the new tqi transmitter with bluetooth module..

RC Qualifier
    What sensors you got? Not all ultimate have factory telemetry imstalled

Wow...old thread!! lol, I posted that question in Feb...my truck was 2 weeks old(I've learned a lot from this forum since then). I ended up buying a bluetooth equipped radio(dollarhobbyz $35) and it all works fine. My Ultimate came with the temp/voltage/rpm sensors installed. I don't pay a lot of attention to them, sometimes I forget my phone...lol. The motor temp is by far the handiest.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Wow...old thread!! lol, I posted that question in Feb...my truck was 2 weeks old(I've learned a lot from this forum since then). I ended up buying a bluetooth equipped radio(dollarhobbyz $35) and it all works fine. My Ultimate came with the temp/voltage/rpm sensors installed. I don't pay a lot of attention to them, sometimes I forget my phone...lol. The motor temp is by far the handiest.
    You happen to got a picture of the temp sensor on the motor? I want to see if there is a thermal path on the motor and between the sensor.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by benster1 View Post
    You happen to got a picture of the temp sensor on the motor? I want to see if there is a thermal path on the motor and between the sensor.

Best regards
    Not sure what you mean by a thermal path...the sensor is just a wire with a holder secured by a zip tie. I've moved mine onto 3 different motors. Here's a pic..hope it helps!

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier

Look there is a thermal path included in partnr. 6535. I think it must be placed under the sensor for better guidance of the temp to the sensor.

Looks like its underneath the sensor.

Thanks!

I see what you're saying...I don't have that and don't recall seeing it on my Ultimate but very possible I missed it when swapping motors. Not really sure how it affects the accuracy. My 2700kv rarely sees over 120f so if I'm within 10f or so I think I'm still safe. Sorry my pic disappeared, photobucket is freaking out. 1st it uploaded 5 pics instead of 1, then when I tried to delete the extras it deleted the 1 I posted and now they're all gone!! lol good thing it's a free service..it's not worth much more..lol
    Last edited by Dcuda69; 12-16-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    I see what you're saying...I don't have that and don't recall seeing it on my Ultimate but very possible I missed it when swapping motors. Not really sure how it affects the accuracy. My 2700kv rarely sees over 120f so if I'm within 10f or so I think I'm still safe. Sorry my pic disappeared, photobucket is freaking out. 1st it uploaded 5 pics instead of 1, then when I tried to delete the extras it deleted the 1 I posted and now they're all gone!! lol good thing it's a free service..it's not worth much more..lol
    Well ive put it under there. Checked the temps and compared it with my laser meter. 2 degrees off on the good site.
    Celcius that is..

So the telemetry is pretty accurate.

Thanks and yes photobucket is freaking out...