RC Competitor

Smile Quick review on some upgrades

The funnest upgrade has been the 1/16 Rally tires, and drifting/driving on cement/concrete.

I think my two most rewarding upgrades to date are the extra bearing on the other side of the spur gear to stop sand/tiny rocks, from entering the gear box.https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...in-the-Gearbox, and upgraded shocks (I did the traxxas adjustable shocks with the TiN shafts and they are TOUGH).

The issue with sand/tiny rocks in the spur gear drove me crazy! Issue fixed! This has to be the most underrated upgraded, but an absolute must in my opinion, and I hope LaTrax makes this a standard part on future models.

The stock shocks just seemed to not be designed to withstand any type of impact on the spring retainer/shaft, but the adjustable shocks w/TiN shocks are tough! I have yet to break one!

My most frustrating upgrade has been my MIP RC18T all metal ball diffs. I have stripped an aluminum ring gear on my rear diff, and the trucks just don't corner the same, but no more stripped diff outputs at least. These MIP all metal ball diffs just seem to require a lot of fine tuning (filing, cutting, adjusting, etc.)

RC Racer
    is the bearing the same as bearings on two ends of the central drive shaft?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dzyatfz View Post
    is the bearing the same as bearings on two ends of the central drive shaft?
    Yes, the 4mm x 8mm x 3mm differential pinion bearing.

You also have to modify the spur gear. You remove the same amount of material form the spur gear on the "nub" (the side that does not have the pin/cross) as the width of the bearing.

RC Racer
    got extra bearing for that but just too lazy to mod the gear, and the tape method help, so may be later.