RC poster

Unhappy rustler flips off even small jumps!?

I took my rustler to the local track and every time i hit the table top or even a small jump it wanted to front flip. Any ideas on how to rectify this issue? Any input is welcome. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Lol that's funny because normally the truck wants to flip backward since that's where all the weight is. Are you pushing the throttle trigger forward when you're jumping? I believe braking in mid-air causes the truck to flip forward, so let off the throttle when the truck hits a jump. If it still tips forward, then tap the throttle trigger to correct it. My Rusty flies very evenly through the air, although it does ten to lean a little back more than forward.

RC poster
    i did have a shock problem and the a arms were binding. fixed all that. I'll try again wed. It would start flipping so fast I didn't even get a chance to correct. I think i was letting off throttle as i reached the top of the jump. I'll try staying into the throttle and tapping it to get it flat so long as it doesn't start cart wheeling again! lol! Thanks.

RC poster
    went and got some titanium shocks for the rear and a new rpm shock tower along with the rpm toe casters and raised my shock fluid to a little bit thicker fluid. Hopefully this will help. At least from blowing out shocks and destroying the shock tower on the landing. If I'm able to make it land flush! lol!

Sounds like you are letting off the throttle just as the truck is cresting the jump. Experiment with how you hit the jump until you find what works for you. Keep this in mind too...if you are flying thru the air and the nose of the truck is dropping giving it throttle while in the air will lift the nose of the truck. If you are nose high in the air and need to lower the nose applying brakes will tend to lower the nose while the truck is in flight.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Mine is box stock XL-5 and it flips forward too. I have to hold WOT all the way through the jump just to make it fly flat.....even then often isn't enough.

Try thicker shock fluid in the rear. What happens with my p4de is it bottoms out in the rear then bounces off the face of the jump. It gets worse on small jumps that have a steep face. Heavier shock fluid helped me.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Competitor
    Could test with the big preload clips in the rear and the next thickest on front or the other way round to see if it helps your driving style
    Rustler XL-5 4600kv Castle 1406 3s

RC poster
    I was having the same problem with my xl-5 until I added some heavier oil. I didn't have that problem with the stock springs though.

yea i run 80 wt in rear and it flys flat unless i high the break to level for landing, my pede has 60 wt all around
    Slash sct3, nitro rustler