Thread: Big Block?

RC Qualifier

Big Block?

anyone ever try the force .28 or .32 in a slayer with the traxxas BB mount?
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    OK...Does anyone run a BB? What do you run? I want it to be pull start.

RC Qualifier
    So....90 + looks and no answer?......Well here it is TRA 5353x is what you need.

RC Qualifier
    ^^...oops.....meant to put that in my other post...

I have a Werks/Picco .26 in my Revo, haven't got it back together yet, but I'm betting it's gonna be a beast!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Someone on here a while back posted a video of there truck with either a .28 or .26 (can't remember) big block on it and it was truly insane.

RC Enthusiast
    There's some videos on YouTube of a slayer With a picco.26 & .28 the channel is "CkeithNitro" if that helps...
    Slayer pro

RC Competitor
    The problem is, those CKeith videos are outdated. New era mounts are no longer in stock so good luck finding them. That mount was the creme de la creme of big block conversions for the revo or slayer due to it's adjustability. It mounts the big block at a higher angle allowing no binding of the pullstart assembly and the rear arm. With that said if anyone can find me one brand new I am willing to negotiate a price for it.

So basically you only have the Traxxas big block kit in stock. However, from what I am reading in these forums you will be unable to run a pull start or ez-start, limiting options to a back plate/bump start combo. Reason being is that the Traxxas mount lacks adjustability. So no roto-start/pullstart can fit without binding against the rear arm. Also, not every engine is a plug and play deal using this mount.

So what options does that leave us big block wise nowadays in 2015? Basically none that I know of. There are mid-blocks still available however I only found 2 that are readily in stock:

1.) Picco P-Max .21
    http://www.teampicco.com/index.php/p-max-21-for-revo

2.)O.S. 21TM
    http://www.osengines.com/engines-car...082/index.html

I don't know of any others based on my few months absorbing everything slayer/revo involved.

Maybe some of you guys can list down what available Big block options that fit with a Traxxas big block mount (no major fabrication involved), and what kind of starter assembly does it require (pullstart, ez start, roto-start, bump start,). I am curious maybe these options need to be revived for a more current updated selection of engine choices for 2015.

@Wildman4910 maybe you can be our first to list down the bigblock you have, the mount you used, the starting mechanism you used, and the pipe/header combo.
    Last edited by NizzleMaShizzle; 02-16-2015 at 10:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thats what I was hoping to get...Info on what does and not. With the traxxas mount.

RC Competitor
    I think I bought the very last picco .21 p-max. Funny a couple days ago I coulda sworn there was like 5 listings for it. I was gonna wait till next month to get one but when I checked today, there was only one listing left so I jumped on it. I guess the only option left is the o.s..21tm. Sorry guys you snooze you lose. Lol jk

I got soo many hop ups in store for my slayer. I'll make some videos on the stuff I got....stay tuned my slayer brethren!

It uses the Ofna/Picco mount(Ofna#51531) just like the Ofna/Picco maxx .26, and for now the stock pipe & spring header, pull start.
    Though I do have a starter box I am thinking of using.
    I am thinking of trying to make the Traxxas BB mount work as I am not real fond of the Picco mount.

Don't forget about the Force JL .28Maxx.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    So does the JL.28Maxx fit with a pullstart on the Ofna 51531 mount? Also what about throttle linkage? Is it stock or did you custom make yours?

Stock linkage, it has an easy start ATM, but I'm going to either go pull start or bump box once I get my bumb box working.
    The JL.28 is supposed to be drop in with their mount & pull start.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Awesome wildman I think it's important to know what fits currently as most information gets outdated! Does your engine have a purple cooling head? I take it that the werks .26 P3 is no longer available right?
    Last edited by NizzleMaShizzle; 02-23-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Bright orange ano on the cooling head, and yup, the Werks Picco.26 is long discontinued.

How it sits at the moment!

Everything got stripped down and cleaned, I need to order about $60 in parts to get it going again.
    Here's the cleaned and painted chassis.

Last edited by Wildman4910; 02-25-2015 at 03:45 AM.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Awesome rig Wildman! I'm digging the funky green metallic! It seems Picco used to collaborate with quite a few engine manufacturers. Ofna, and Werks.....

Ofna was/is the importer for Picco engines, which are made in Italy.
    A bunch of MFG's had them rebranded as their own, even though they were the same engine.
    This one still has a bunch of pinch to it, so I'm hoping it will last a while, but I got the truck dirt cheap so I can't gripe.

I found the green and just couldn't pass it up, you should see it out in the sunlight, the metallic really pops.
    I also painted the front & rear bulk plates, and the engine mounts.

I also got a wicked metallic purple for my wife' struck.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Awesome you got link to some pics of your wifey's truck?
    Follow My Slayer Pro Build!

Yup, her Maxx is purple, soon(hopefully) to be a BB Maxx, just gotta get the last of the needed parts bought!

Her Maxx as it sits now.

Thunder BB chassis, needs an engine, and a few odds & ends. Got all the bits made for it that needed custom made.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Good stuff bro! That's pretty cool you and your wife are into the hobby together.
    Follow My Slayer Pro Build!

RC Champion
    Dude, I mastered the big block with the help of new era,,the Traxxas mount can be trimmed and will work, dude I ran 5 revo at the same time, lol not really, one after another, big blocks, I have 3 ne mounts, and live 30 minutes from them I can get mounts. I had the biggest thread here for a long time, then went 5th scale. And gas 8th scale, let me know if your looking for hop ups for that thing.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Qualifier
    Al.....I remember your posts from way back...lol nice to see you again on the forums.I happended on to a new era mount and put a force .32 in my short chassis slayer.Not finished yet working on a 200x honda atc.it's been time grabbing but it's done so back to the slayer...