RC Enthusiast

Big Bore vs Proline Powerstroke Shocks

Hey guys I just want to know your input on big bore vs proline powerstroke shocks pros and cons of each? I am deciding which ones to purchase for my Stampede. I really want great quality no bottom out on jumps etc.

Thanks for viewing!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    many people use the stock ultra shocks and jsut change the caps to aluminum and run tini shafts.... they are more than enough for the stampede, a whole lot cheaper as well

RC Competitor
    I'm running the powerstrokes on my P4de with 50wt oil... My pede is heavy I'm running 1/8 scale castle system with 3s, MIPS x duty some aluminum parts and full T bone bumper, skid, wheelie bar. Def a lot heavier than stock pede and I had a problem with bottoming out so I ordered proline spring kit to get heavier springs ... The proline's are awesome for that reason there very very easily adjustable and I love them. That said with the front and rear plus front and rear spring kits total cost was $110 which ain't cheap. I think they perform and look great if u can afford them I say get the powerstrokes u won't regret it

RC Competitor
    Correction I'm running 70wt oil

RC Champion
    I run the Powerstrokes on 2 of my trucks Pede 4X4 and Slash hcg 4X4. I really like em just a basher here dirt only no mud or water. You have to get the spring tuning kit to get em set up to your liking. I run 45WT oil front and rear on both trucks. One complaint I do have is the shock shaft seals. I have trouble with them seeping a bit of fluid on both trucks. I bought the green slime for the o-rings but haven't tried it yet. I read it is supposed to stop or help the seeping shock fluid issue. IMO they are great shocks.
    just a basher

RC Qualifier
    D8's are pretty sweet

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys I ordered the Proline Powerstrokes and I have some 50wt oil laying around I will try on both ends. I will see how that works and maybe consider upgrading the springs!