RC Qualifier

Cool 18Year old tmaxx2.5

Hi, let me start off by saying that I am kind of a rookie at this. I bought a tmaxx about 18 or 19 years ago. I broke in the motor and then maybe ran another 4 or 5 tanks through it. Then I got married and put it away. I just found it and got it working again because I would like to get my nephew into the hobby. I have an old analog controller that it came with. I am looking to upgrade. A friend offered me a traxxas #2239 transmitter with a 5 channel #2218 receiver. Would this setup work. My truck has reverse. Thanks for all the info. Or if anybody can recommend another controller?? Not too expensive. Thanks again

RC Enthusiast
    I would recommend anything made by traxxas. I have these two and they work great. You meant part number 2238 also I think. Welcome back to the hobby!

If the transmitter (which should be the 2.4ghz Link) has a red thumb button then yes it will work with reverse.

Edit: I just confirmed I have #2239 and it has the red switch. It should say on the sticker on the back "3-Channel 2239"
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm gonna be posting quite a bit. I need a lot of help!!

RC Qualifier
    Also. Can someone send me a link for the manual for that transmitter? I can't find it. Thanks.

Link for the 2-ch version manual. Can't find the 3-ch manual, but everything except the red thumb switch should be the same. Then again, the instructions address the thumb button for the 4-ch version.
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...24GHz-INST.pdf
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-07-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =