Thread: lipo questions

RC Enthusiast

Question lipo questions

So I'm wondering, can I buy lipo's and run them with my brushed motor on my 1/16 e revo? If so will it run fine? Will it burn out the motor or anything? Also I am planning on upgrading to brushless in a matter of time, probably a month or 2. Which batteries/chargers would you recommend for them? Heck, which brushless motor/esc would you recommend since I'm asking so many questions? I'm pretty new to all this and am still learning, trying to read and understand everything. Any help, hints or suggestions would be awesome.

RC poster
    Hi, I'm run a a single 2c lipo in my MERV. Go to your local hobby shop and ask for a 2c lipo with a traxxas connector. YOU NEED A LIPO CHARGER. I have the dual onyx 245 which costs about $100cad and make sure if you get a 2000mah battery you only charge at 2amps! If you don't you will decrease the overall lifespan of the battery. AND PUT YOUR ESC INTO LIPO MODE! Have fun!

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks for the info! Can I run a 2s lipo with lets say 3000 mah? I would like to get the most run time possible

RC Enthusiast
    I recommend getting a spc racing lipo battery from spcracingbatteries.com, I use a 2s 2500 mAh which works fine, they give you an option of getting a traxxas connector or deans, for around $20 its a really good battery. As for a charger a budget charger would be a imax b6ac which you can get of ebay for around $20. For this charger you would need to purchase a banana plug to traxxas. For brushless system/esc just go with the brushless velenion motor and esc combo, it is traxxas made and fits perfect into the e revo brushed model. Also for every 100 mAh you get a minute run time.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks digger.