RC Enthusiast
    I've had my car since 13 and driven it many times but I want a better speed so I bought a large after market pinion gear and I also want a new, Neu motor so I have been looking at them I found
    1506 2y
    1509 2.5d
    1512 1y
    1515 1.5d
    1521 1d
    1409 1.5y
    1412 1y
    1415 1.5d
    I am running 6s Lipo, would these work? I know usually the max voltage ratings are a little low but I just wanted to check if they would work.
    Thanks y'all
    Aidan

Bump
    Anyone know if these would work
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-11-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: merge
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

RC Enthusiast
    I believe your 1717 is more powerful than your list. Orange seal ceramic bearings from Boca Bearing, a castle creations XL2 esc and 8s will do what your asking. The bearings alone will make a nice improvement, also ceramics through out the vehicle will blow your mind. Pricey yes but the old adage will never change- speed cost, how fast do you wanna go.

RC Enthusiast
    You don't mention what lipo your using or how much MAH. 2 3s 5000mah Traxxas lipos are not enough for high speed, their higher MAH lipos are though. Your MAH rating has a lot to do with max available current the motor can draw.

RC Enthusiast
    Well I'll probably buy batteries then, maybe a double motor set up would be nice in the future.

What about the cogging problem the stock has
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-13-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: merge
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

RC Enthusiast
    The cogging can be helped with changing the settings in the castle link software.
    I myself went with the twin 1717 motor setup and the power is just rite if you like having to back the power down instead of trying to find more.
    Last edited by bn2o; 02-16-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bn2o View Post
    The cogging can be helped with changing the settings in the castle link software.
    I myself went with the twin 1717 motor setup and the power is just rite if you like having to back the power down instead of trying to find more.
    Where did you get your twin motor mount? Or did you make it?
    2650Kv sl4sh 8S Rally erevo 2 sl4sh 4 kids

RC Champion
    If going with a neu motor look at the 1521 or 1527 can motors.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Enthusiast
    I've now been thinking about a lmt motor but does anyone know if the lmt motor mount would fit in an xo-1 or if there is a mount that would.
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if your after a sick fast motor on 6s look at the
    NEU 1527 1D
    NEU 1530 .5Y
    you will have something like 35-40% faster speeds with the stock gearing vs the stock Chines built 1717
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah he is right I ran my slash 4x4 over 100 on a 2750 Neu motor and throttle was about half if that! Lots left and this was the year the 4x4 came out. So like 5 years ago. Ne

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastthenbroken View Post
    Yeah he is right I ran my slash 4x4 over 100 on a 2750 Neu motor and throttle was about half if that! Lots left and this was the year the 4x4 came out. So like 5 years ago. Ne

Yeah, those NEU motors are bad to the bone !!
    First MiniSlash

RC Enthusiast
    Wow that sounds great, I guess I'll go with one of those but one last question, has anyone used a TP motor, their specs seem great. Thanks every one for your help
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xo1Driver View Post
    Wow that sounds great, I guess I'll go with one of those but one last question, has anyone used a TP motor, their specs seem great. Thanks every one for your help
    I have a few of them for my race boats and they do great !
    not like a NUE but better than a Castle in my opinion
    First MiniSlash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    if your after a sick fast motor on 6s look at the
    NEU 1527 1D
    NEU 1530 .5Y
    you will have something like 35-40% faster speeds with the stock gearing vs the stock Chines built 1717
    Finally someone makes mention of these motors! Question, am I to assume that a thinner (than a Leopard 5882, or a Castle 1717) motor, that is longer will produce higher RPMS? I have seen massive motors on some cars that are, well, not as fat as my Leopard 5882, but produce more RPM on the same power. Though, these were custom, built-to-order-specs, new Neu motors.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Finally someone makes mention of these motors! Question, am I to assume that a thinner (than a Leopard 5882, or a Castle 1717) motor, that is longer will produce higher RPMS? I have seen massive motors on some cars that are, well, not as fat as my Leopard 5882, but produce more RPM on the same power. Though, these were custom, built-to-order-specs, new Neu motors.
    the CC1717 motor is cool but not a NEU
    and the 56xx series Leopards are good but again not a NEU when it comes to power
    and they can make some great revs

Steven carries may sizes and KV ranges with the NEU line
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...cat=Neu+Motors
    First MiniSlash