Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    44

    Free Decals etc...



    Hey guys I just wanted to let yall know if you email most company's and request decals etc.. They will send them to you absolutely free I didn't pay a dime for shipping or anything for all this stuff just a fyi

  2. #2
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    44

    Decked out my slash with them

  3. #3
    RC Racer ant12hony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    228
    sweet maybe I can get some stickers

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoleroracer64 View Post


    Hey guys I just wanted to let yall know if you email most company's and request decals etc.. They will send them to you absolutely free I didn't pay a dime for shipping or anything for all this stuff just a fyi
    They sure will, its practically free advertising for them.

    On a side note at least 1/2 of the decals pictured were made at my employer...in fact there is a good chance i die-cut those comp cams decals.

    Years back we even made the body decals for NASCAR, the headlights, taillights, grill, etc. I wanna say the company was performance bodies.
    At some point in the last 7+ years they apparently switched to a full body wrap style decal and we did not have the equipment to do those so we lost their business oh well plenty more fish in the sea.
    Last edited by RichardTheGreat85; 02-10-2015 at 04:59 AM.
    everything being dif doesnt mean anythings changed

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoleroracer64 View Post


    Hey guys I just wanted to let yall know if you email most company's and request decals etc.. They will send them to you absolutely free I didn't pay a dime for shipping or anything for all this stuff just a fyi


    Ahhhhhhhh, I just found your thread... I got same monster energy stickers sheet. You are right about FREE!!! You have so many free stuff.

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,527
    GoPro is the same way, if you right to them they'll send you stickers. It is basically free advertising.

    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    GoPro is the same way, if you right to them they'll send you stickers. It is basically free advertising.

    Nice photo. Why not you trying to set up First Person View? FPV is awesome.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,527
    Grrrrr.... Stupid auto correct, that was supposed to be 'write' and not 'right'.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    Nice photo. Why not you trying to set up First Person View? FPV is awesome.
    Thought about it, just have too many projects right now, this guy is at the bottom of my list.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Grrrrr.... Stupid auto correct, that was supposed to be 'write' and not 'right'.



    Thought about it, just have too many projects right now, this guy is at the bottom of my list.
    I am very interested into FPV too. I want basic FPV, going far away (long range) and camera tilting.

    Watch this video on Youtube. That FPV looks simple! Probably basic setting. That guy is lucky dude.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL65rnXiQHg

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    942
    Ive picked up decals here and there. A few at the lhs, and the rest on amazon. I even put a request in to gopro and waiting for thoses to show up. The other day I was out and about with the family Saturday night, taking advantage of having a Saturday night off for once and came along a shop in the mall that does just decals. Ive been looking everywhere for some toyota decals and logos and have not been successful till Saturday night. About ten to twenty bucks for some decals. I was going to have them print me some out but was not sure about the size. So maybe this week or next make a trip down there with the sizes I need. Its the last of any decals I'm looking for to put on the body.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    942
    I got two of my orders for decals in the mail yesterday. Got home late last night and excited to open the envelope up and look at the decals. The wife looks at me atnd just starts laughing. Asked her what was so funny and she replied on that was was more excited than a little kid getting a bunch of stickers. Told her I didn't care, its the final touches that I need to finish up the body when i get done painting. Needless to say she ended up telling me its a silly hobby, she will never understand

  12. #12
    RC Champion Dcuda69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,950
    Silly me...I got a lot of stickers too but I built a new motor for my 1:1 toy to get them.Eagle Cranks, Comp Cams, Diamond pistons,Total Seal rings, Manley rods, Edelbrock,Holley, Smith Bros. push rods, Summit Racing..etc. I'm thinking your way is a BUNCH cheaper..lol!! Yep just good advertising for the companies...my garage fridge is decorated nicely!

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    942
    Yeah you win, lol. I bought most of my decals and got to go have a few made still. But im excited to see the final outcome, but still a bit out for that. But at least you get to enjoy your had work you put into the car, sounds great dcuda69.

  14. #14
    RC Champion Dcuda69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Yeah you win, lol. I bought most of my decals and got to go have a few made still. But im excited to see the final outcome, but still a bit out for that. But at least you get to enjoy your had work you put into the car, sounds great dcuda69.
    I do have fun with my car...it's a hoot to drive! Be sure to post up pics of your final outcome!!

  15. #15
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Silly me...I got a lot of stickers too but I built a new motor for my 1:1 toy to get them.Eagle Cranks, Comp Cams, Diamond pistons,Total Seal rings, Manley rods, Edelbrock,Holley, Smith Bros. push rods, Summit Racing..etc. I'm thinking your way is a BUNCH cheaper..lol!! Yep just good advertising for the companies...my garage fridge is decorated nicely!
    Lots of mine too race car probs..

  16. #16
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Posts
    1,611
    A buddy and I did that years ago with fishing companies. He was a scout leader, and wanted to see if he could get free stuff to give away as prizes. I just wanted stickers, and any duplicates I got, I gave to him. After awhile, my wife was like, "What the heck are you doing?" I started getting 5-10 pieces of mail a day once they started rolling in. I got a giant list together with hundreds of companies on it and vowed to send ten emails a day before work. I got dozens of patches, hundreds of stickers, hats, lures, flies, line, shirts; all kinds of stuff! I just said gimme free stuff. My buddy was (honestly) presenting his scout usage and he got tons of stuff. One company sent him twenty fishing poles! Berkeley sent me a banner, tournament weigh-in bags, even boat decals that were three feet long. One company sent me a spool of every fishing line they make. Just for asking!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoleroracer64 View Post


    Hey guys I just wanted to let yall know if you email most company's and request decals etc.. They will send them to you absolutely free I didn't pay a dime for shipping or anything for all this stuff just a fyi
    yea, did this 1 month straight. Got this huge folder with stickers in it. I counted like 500 hundred but hardly used them. And i got them for free! thats what counts. I got go pro, monster, pirelli, shell, longboard stickers, a ton of o neill, billabong, oakley etc

  18. #18
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    11
    Could you get free stuff by lieing that you bought something from them and telling them to replace it? example: me: hello traxxas I just bought your 2s 5800mah LiPo(not telling the trusty), and when it came it had scorch marks, can you send me another one?”

  19. #19
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyvxl3 View Post
    Could you get free stuff by lieing that you bought something from them and telling them to replace it? example: me: hello traxxas I just bought your 2s 5800mah LiPo(not telling the trusty), and when it came it had scorch marks, can you send me another one?”
    Don't know why as that shows an extreme lack of integrity and displays very little character.

    I would have thought a young teen would have written that but was surprised to see that your profile lists you as 46. Sad.
    The Super Derecho

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyvxl3 View Post
    Could you get free stuff by lieing that you bought something from them and telling them to replace it? example: me: hello traxxas I just bought your 2s 5800mah LiPo(not telling the trusty), and when it came it had scorch marks, can you send me another one?”
    People doing stuff like this turns good customer service in to bad customer service. Look at what happened with Home Depot, returning something used to be super easy, they people cheated the system and now you have to have your receipt and answer a hundred questions.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  21. #21
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    People doing stuff like this turns good customer service in to bad customer service. Look at what happened with Home Depot, returning something used to be super easy, they people cheated the system and now you have to have your receipt and answer a hundred questions.
    And there's the legend of someone returning an automotive tire to Nordstrom's.
    The Super Derecho

  22. #22
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    92
    That there is EXACTLY part of the reason the world is headed the way it is.
    Not only wanting something for nothing...........
    But will lie to get it too..........
    Good Lord. Not even sure why someone would even consider posting that.
    Things are significantly different since I was a kid as I'm sure it is for most honest hard working people.

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    820
    Why would you even post something like that? Are you that ignorant? Man you must be a pretty low down person if you need to do things such as this. Like said, no integrity at all. And a lack of any morals as well. I hope you were just kidding!!

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Why would you even post something like that? Are you that ignorant? Man you must be a pretty low down person if you need to do things such as this. Like said, no integrity at all. And a lack of any morals as well. I hope you were just kidding!!
    Dang! And here I just recently wrote to Mondter energy asking where I could FIND R/C scale stickers. I wasn't looking for anything free. I was just having trouble finding very small stickers. I haven't received a response yet and now, know I probably never will because of stuff like this.

    I did recently ORDER some sticker sets from two different motocross sites. I'm hoping some of the stickes are small enough for the R/C cars, if not, they can always go on my toolboxes.

    Back in the '80s the LHS had brand themed sticker sheets for Coke, Pepsi, Snickers, Cheif Auto Parts and a variety of others that were R/C sized. I'd love to find a ache of them again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •