RC Enthusiast

New (to me) E-Revo Brushless

Went to the LHS to buy a new stampede 4x4 vxl and came across a deal I couldn't pass up. A slightly used ERevo Brushless with an Onyx 245 charger for $525 out the door. Slightly used meaning brand new. no scratches anywhere on the truck.

After charging the stock NIMH batteries and driving the truck I was really disappointed. The slipper clutch was so loose it would not go up a small hill. I tightened it some but not enough after reading how tight you guys run them. The truck was much slower then my Tmaxx 3.3.

Well I took some things apart today and found a few interesting things. The guy for whatever reason had a 65t spur with an 18t pinion. Well no wonder it seemed slow its barely hitting 30. Second is the slipper clutch is trashed. The guy must have just drove around slipping all the time.

I'm off to pick up some real batteries and a 54t pinion. By the end of the day I want standing backflips and 100 yard wheelies. Thats why I bought this truck afterall.

Definitely need the lipo's to liven the truck up. Sounds like a good deal overall

srpawski
    Don't you mean you put in a 54 tooth spur gear? Running it 18/54 setup?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I ment 54 tooth spur. I'm sorry.

typo mehh
    Sounds like a good deal. Other than the slipper he wasn't doing to bad, it is recommended to run stock gearing with NiMH.

The org MMM or the MXL6??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Yeah that's stock gearing that's why he had it like that

RC Enthusiast
    65t spur gear was stock gearing? It has the Mamba monster esc and a traxxas tqi transmitter. The esc isn't the blue traxxas edition thats waterproof.

srpawski
    Quote Originally Posted by Adidazman15 View Post
    Yes I ment 54 tooth spur. I'm sorry.
    I was only teasing. Trust me, I'm not "that guy." I am also going to run that combo once the weather breaks and I get a chance to break it in a couple of runs.

RC Enthusiast
    are ONYX 5000mah 7.4v 20c 2c lipos good for this truck. I bought two of them but haven't opened them yet just in case they are not powerful enough.

srpawski
    are ONYX 5000mah 7.4v 20c 2c lipos good for this truck. I bought two of them but haven't opened them yet just in case they are not powerful enough.
    I went with th Traxxas 2s lipos that are rated for 7600 mah. I believe those you have should work fine, they just have a smaller capacity.

RC Enthusiast
    Too late I took them back. I'm going to by SPC lipos I can get more power for the same money. Traxxas lipos are really expensive. I've heard they are worth it though.

RC Enthusiast
    I bought two (2) 2S and two (2) 3S SPC lipos that all run at 5600 maH and 60C. That way they are interchangeable. I can run 4S, 5S, and 6S.

I use two 3s traxxas 5OOO Mah batteries, but too power for the erbe for me for now, 4s is just enough for me. The batteries are great though, no regrets even though they are a tad expensive. Now I use them in my slash 4X4 and one on a 2wd pede.

Hey srpawski, how big are the traxxas 76OOMah 2s batts, if they are as big as the 3s then they will be great for my erebe as you have done, other wise I am waiting for the occasion to get the smc batteries from a lhs not to far from here.
    Live life to the fullest

srpawski
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    I use two 3s traxxas 5OOO Mah batteries, but too power for the erbe for me for now, 4s is just enough for me. The batteries are great though, no regrets even though they are a tad expensive. Now I use them in my slash 4X4 and one on a 2wd pede.

Hey srpawski, how big are the traxxas 76OOMah 2s batts, if they are as big as the 3s then they will be great for my erebe as you have done, other wise I am waiting for the occasion to get the smc batteries from a lhs not to far from here.
    25c 7.4 volt part number 2869x. I have 2 sets of them and a pair of 2970 chargers.

RC Competitor
    I have 2 2s 8200mah spc batteries and they are great!

65t spur gear was stock gearing? It has the Mamba monster esc and a traxxas tqi transmitter. The esc isn't the blue traxxas edition thats waterproof.
    I would imagine that the 65t was stock for that model, too. I know it is for my erbe which is the most current one. Did you get the tools and manual and such ? There should be an included 54t spur in there if you did.

RC Racer
    I have a pair of the spc 5600 mah 60c 3s lipos and all i can say is these lipos are top notch. Excellent punch through out the whole pack and decent run times. Each cell balances great. I have about 15 cycles on them and they seem to be breaking in (getting stronger) def spc from here on out for me! The 5600 soft is literally a direct fit you are not getting nothing bigger in there from spc well 3s atleast

RC Enthusiast
    I bought the truck used. It came with the bent socket wrench some body clips and the onxy 245 charger.

RC Competitor
    Ah okay.. 54t spur is only like $3 so that's not bad I got two today because I had the mesh wrong on the one that came with it haha

Quote Originally Posted by mike4884 View Post
    I have a pair of the spc 5600 mah 60c 3s lipos and all i can say is these lipos are top notch. Excellent punch through out the whole pack and decent run times. Each cell balances great. I have about 15 cycles on them and they seem to be breaking in (getting stronger) def spc from here on out for me! The 5600 soft is literally a direct fit you are not getting nothing bigger in there from spc well 3s atleast
    8200 2s perfect fit as long as you take out the piece on the top of the boxes that just kind of snaps in there.

RC Enthusiast
    I was dead set on getting 6s until I switched to 56t spur and 18t pinion. Even with the crappy NiMh battery the truck wants to flip backwards. I'm going to order some 4s packs and save myself money in broken parts lol

RC Competitor
    I was dying to get 6s before I even got my erbe lol.. but also don't want to buy more parts than I have to so 4s for now.. maybe some time in the future I'll go to 5s but probably not 6s ever unless I'm borrowing the batteries for 5 minutes from somebody or something

RC Enthusiast
    I had so much fun for the 15 min the stock batteries lasted that I'm not even ordering Lipos until next week. Maybe by then I'll be used to it and go all out. Trying to save a few bucks because I'm also replacing the enging in my Tmaxx. The idea is to have 2 running trucks so my dad can play too. I don't need a 70mph revo. Just one that lasts a half hour doing around 50 to keep up with the Tmaxx

RC Competitor
    Well you definitely won't get 30 mins from the stock batteries...or 50mph.

Take that amount of fun you had for the 15 mins and times it by like 5 and at least 30 mins and that's what lipos are like haha

I just got my revo 3.3 running after it sitting for almost 2years for a friend to use.