Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

upgrade suggestions for 2065 servo

Hey guys!
    i would like to change out my 2065 servo with another that is waterproof. Is there any servos out there that are worth upgrading to? broke two servos in 2 weeks.

thanks!!

RC Racer
    hitec hs65mg is good. not waterproof, but i run it in snow and rinse it under tab water, still working great.

you just need to open screw hole a little bit, the servo is little wider.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dzyatfz View Post
    hitec hs65mg is good. not waterproof, but i run it in snow and rinse it under tab water, still working great.

you just need to open screw hole a little bit, the servo is little wider.
    the teton uses a mount to secure the servo to the body. extending a screw hole? i don't understand how that would be possible. how did you set your teton up??

RC Racer
    hitec hs65mg is a great servo, when you get it, you know how to put it on. open screw hole, not extend screw hole.

i even broke one turning block arm, but not the servo.

RC Enthusiast
    okay i'll order one today and keep eveyone postd on it. Broke 2 traxxas ones and i'm done with non metal gears

RC Enthusiast
    i ended up getting the corona ds 929 it was 9bucks from jersey. ill post pics and junk when i get it . ebay purchase

RC Enthusiast
    awesome little servo! ds-929 from corona, all metal and held up to bashing in the snow, no issues

RC poster
    does it match with no issues? looks like corona ds is digital and traxxas spec says their 2065 is analog.
    i already ordered corona ds-939mg that is a bit stronger, but still wondering analog/digital will work.

RC Competitor
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219413

Just figured for all who haven't seen this..

RC Racer
    I can compare Corona 939 and Savox SH-0261MG, and that Savox is better.

First, it fits with absolutely no modification of anything, compared to Corona, which requires slight bit of modification (you need to flatten the mount to be able to slide the holder in its place - nothing difficult).

Second, the Savox seems to be much more "smooth", and fully metal as well (Corona has one plastic wheel).

However, Corona's price is unbeatable.

RC poster
    yes, corona's price is great, is this just plug and play ? i'm new so sorry for basic questions

RC Competitor
    i think for the corona you have to do something to get it to fit perfectly, the savox is plug and play however i had to switch directions with the servo. I forget how to do it but i think its in the Teton's instructions. I tried to reverse the wires before i knew you could do that and my stock ESC started smoking haha..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher415 View Post
    i think for the corona you have to do something to get it to fit perfectly, the savox is plug and play however i had to switch directions with the servo. I forget how to do it but i think its in the Teton's instructions. I tried to reverse the wires before i knew you could do that and my stock ESC started smoking haha..
    Ha! Topher415 I wish I would have spoke to you sooner. I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago and the ESC started smoking. And in fact, reversing the servo is listed in the instruction manual that came with the Teton. Brilliant! At least I know that I am not alone!

RC Racer
    In case of Corona, you need to flatten both the side handles, at least on the top. They have small "humps" designed to better hold the servo when tightened using screws, which is not the case with Teton. Should be an easy thing to do.

Reversing the servo was easy in my case, as I have installed TQi receiver for my bluetooth enabled transmitter. Then you can just fire up the Traxxas link app and do it there.

RC poster
    corona installed today. almost plug and play.. but it works. had to reverse the channel as per manual.
    does yours also gives noise like here? https://youtu.be/960eBxEAbTM
    mine does it :/ as long as i turn a bit in opposite direction. also not centering till turning a bit left or right.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by woksio View Post
    corona installed today. almost plug and play.. but it works. had to reverse the channel as per manual.
    mine does it :/ as long as i turn a bit in opposite direction. also not centering till turning a bit left or right.
    Try loosening the 2 steering bellcrank screws on the upper chassisa bit. Same thing happened to me and I guess the screws were over-tightened, but after loosening them the noise went away or happened less often.

RC Racer
    Just installed corona ds-939mg , it makes cool noises and it is a LITTLE stronger than the stock servo, however not strong enough to make the wheels turn back all the way sometimes. Eventually i'll buy a better servo but for now because my stock servo was lacking power after about a year, for 12 bucks after shipping you can't beat it. Now I have crisp turning again!

RC Enthusiast
    Go with Corona for less than $10 on ebay. They comes with metal gears.

RC poster

Angry Traxxas needs to refund us for a bad design

The 2065 servo has a design defect, one of the plastic gears in it gets out of boundary and jams into the other , which is partially a half gear wheel, and chips off, this happens whenever you hit a wheel on full steer, as said a poor design.. I changed 2 servos and 1 gear and it is all the same , noticed when I disassembled one and saw that one of the gears have a incorrect design..

I guess Traxxas needs to refund or replace us with an upgraded servo, cost me already over 100$ and hours of pain.. instead of enjoying a good drive..

RC Racer
    Savox sh0257mg is what I've been using since my first stock servo took a dump

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrallyisfaster View Post
    Savox sh0257mg is what I've been using since my first stock servo took a dump
    Hey there. Does this servo go in the right direction once mounted? I don't see how a servo can be
    reversed with the stock radio? I was going to use a HS-65mg but it goes the wrong way.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
    Hey there. Does this servo go in the right direction once mounted? I don't see how a servo can be
    reversed with the stock radio? I was going to use a HS-65mg but it goes the wrong way.
    Please read page 10 of owners manual .
    https://latrax.com/sites/default/fil...M-N-EN-R01.pdf

It says: Reversing a channel reverses the direction of the corresponding servo. For example, if you turn the steering wheel to the right and the model turns left, Channel 1 would need to be reversed to correct the servo direction.
    There are instructions on how to do this.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAL12 View Post
    Please read page 10 of owners manual .
    https://latrax.com/sites/default/fil...M-N-EN-R01.pdf

It says: Reversing a channel reverses the direction of the corresponding servo. For example, if you turn the steering wheel to the right and the model turns left, Channel 1 would need to be reversed to correct the servo direction.
    There are instructions on how to do this.
    Got it! I was looking in the manual that came with the truck. I just installed a HS65mg and works great.
    I just used double sided tape to install it so I didn't have to sand the post on the original mount.
    I still might get the Savox servo though. The Hitec kind buzzes a little?

Cory

RC poster
    Hi. I broke two servos too. Now I read about the hitec hs 65 mg. I just bought one. I hope it works better. I drive the slash 2wd since one year. with absolut no Problems. Also I bought the Teton for my son and I am a little bit disapointet. Sorry for my english, I am from Germany.

RC poster
    May I ask how you would install the Savox SH-0261MG ? The gear on top is much smaller than on the 2065 ?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielsg View Post
    May I ask how you would install the Savox SH-0261MG ? The gear on top is much smaller than on the 2065 ?
    Use the plastic horn supplied with the servo like this - https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6233926

It is surprisingly durable ;-)

RC poster
    Ah you mean screw it in ?
    Actually I'm going to use it on a Summit, so the connection is a bit different. It's there to push the diff into lock. Even that is too hard for the 2065

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielsg View Post
    Ah you mean screw it in ?
    Actually I'm going to use it on a Summit, so the connection is a bit different. It's there to push the diff into lock. Even that is too hard for the 2065
    Depends which end you mean ;-). The horn from 2065 is not compatible with this Savox (different tooth count). So use the horn that comes with Savox, and yes, screw the link to the diff into it. You can also apply a bit of glue, if you are worried.

If you want something nicer looking, look for 21t horn. But those are really hard to find...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RC poster
    It's not even a proper horn, so I'll have to go look into it. Thx for the support !

Hey guys. I suggest the savox sh0261mg steel servo. You will have to break one of the horns it comes with in half to make it work properly, but that's easy to do. You may also have to reverse the steering with the set button on the transmitter.

RC poster
    hi, is there any 2065 replacement that can fit the original servo saver ?

i have some corona ds-939hv's and some MG90S, and ordered hitec hs-55: mini-t, mdt , but i don't think the spline will match. i am sure hitec hs-55 can work but i try not to have to order more servos.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ck.tan View Post
    hi, is there any 2065 replacement that can fit the original servo saver ?

i have some corona ds-939hv's and some MG90S, and ordered hitec hs-55: mini-t, mdt , but i don't think the spline will match. i am sure hitec hs-55 can work but i try not to have to order more servos.
    sorry, wrong thread

RC Enthusiast
    I actually DON'T recommend the hitec HS 65MG servo. It chatters on center and according to HiTech you need a digital servo to work with the Traxxas system. I called Hitech to get the issue resolved, they said I bought the wrong servo and need to buy a digital servo, the local hobby shop owner called them got a different guy, but received the same story. Additionally, there's nothing that indicates that the stock servo is a "digital servo".

Last week the Hitec burnt out....so I'll be trying the Savox this time.

RC poster

0161 or 0263

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    Hey guys. I suggest the savox sh0261mg steel servo. You will have to break one of the horns it comes with in half to make it work properly, but that's easy to do. You may also have to reverse the steering with the set button on the transmitter.
    So my local hobby shop says that the sh0261mg doesnít exist any more. He recommended I buy the sh0263mg seems extremely similar. Bracket will require a slight modification to fit around the servo but other then that wondering if you guys think itís an issue. None of these are however water proof correct?

I highly recommend going with Savox.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by woksio View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to this noise? Just installed a savox and it’s doing the same thing.

Mine does the noise thing to, just isn't quite as bad as the Corona in the video. I don't care, the servo is strong and works well. For me, as long as it works well, it's great, and I use it. it does it's job, and that's what matters.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC Qualifier
    just dont get the savox that one is expensive junk

I also recommend the savox servo. They can be very inexpensive and are metal geared which makes them very durable. I got mine for a little over $25. It does take some slight modification to fit, but it worked. Very quick too.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Michels View Post
    The 2065 servo has a design defect, one of the plastic gears in it gets out of boundary and jams into the other , which is partially a half gear wheel, and chips off, this happens whenever you hit a wheel on full steer, as said a poor design.. I changed 2 servos and 1 gear and it is all the same , noticed when I disassembled one and saw that one of the gears have a incorrect design..

I guess Traxxas needs to refund or replace us with an upgraded servo, cost me already over 100$ and hours of pain.. instead of enjoying a good drive..
    This comment I can appreciate. Got my son a Teton for Xmas and he got about 30 minutes of use before there was a clicking noise when steering. Opened it up and sure enough, tiny plastic broken servo gears. Would have to be insane to buy another Traxxas servo after seeing those gears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast