Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster
    I have 4 LaTrax vehicles (maybe 5 if Hobbytown still has a sale). When a servo goes out on mine I replace them with Savox SH-0257MG Super Speed Metal Gear Micro Digital Servo.

RC Enthusiast
    Ecopower 640t direct replacement supposedly. What I did for now is made a bracket and mounted my 2075x for my shifting after I burned 2 2065's

RC Qualifier
    I personally got the emax eso8aii servo with metal gears off ebay for $4. It is super fast, has bad torque and is relatively waterproof. You do need to modify the servo mount a tiny bit, but just shaving off a little excess plastic. I highly suggest staying away from the savox servo, unless you want to pay way too much for a bigger hassle. about the emax servo though I use my brushless sst for racing and that servo works great. If you are going to use your teton for crawling I do not suggest that servo, because it has extremely bad torque.

RC poster

Can you clairfy?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    I personally got the emax eso8aii servo with metal gears off ebay for $4. It is super fast, has bad torque and is relatively waterproof. You do need to modify the servo mount a tiny bit, but just shaving off a little excess plastic. I highly suggest staying away from the savox servo, unless you want to pay way too much for a bigger hassle. about the emax servo though I use my brushless sst for racing and that servo works great. If you are going to use your teton for crawling I do not suggest that servo, because it has extremely bad torque.
    What do you mean by "bad torque"? I have a Summitt truck and the 2065 servo locks/unlocks the differentials. Would the eso8aii servo be good enough for that? I'm so sick of the 2065 PLASTIC garbage!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    I also recommend the savox servo. They can be very inexpensive and are metal geared which makes them very durable. I got mine for a little over $25. It does take some slight modification to fit, but it worked. Very quick too.
    Ok. I got a servo for $4 that is faster, and has metal gears FOR $4... The savox servo is a great upgrade, but just not as good bang for your buck as the emax eso8aii servo IMO.

Is anyone running the Savox SH-0263MG in their Teton?

Savox's website says its spline count is 25 (same as the 2065) so I was hoping it might be a straight swap.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

For the benefit of anyone following this thread, I can confirm that I ended up buying a Savox SH-0263MG for my Teton.

It fits the stock servo chassis mount perfectly but has a different sized output shaft so I had to use one of the plastic horns that it came with and drill a larger hole in it to fit the stock link arm screw.

I works great though with a much zippier (0.10s) transit speed. Only negative at all is a little bit of servo chatter in the neutral position that is so typical of Savox servos.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC poster
    Has anyone tried the Traxxas 2065X?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Follow
    I just burn a 2065 on my Summit.
    T_T

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

RC poster
    OK of course my Teton's 2065 servo stripped and I put in new plastic gear set. Lasted for a couple of runs. I looked at other servos but I would really rather keep the waterproof Traxxas in it. Just like the look. I noticed they have a metal gear version for $50 which seems crazy for a 1/18 scale but I did find the replacement gears for the metal version for $20. Went to local Traxxas dealer and they said it does not say they will work in the 2065 servo. We called Traxxas and they said no. I bought them anyway. They look almost identical. Install was a snap. Just remove the small post on the bottom of the main gear with pliers and install the gears as usual. Works awesome. No more broken gears. Was a little tight getting the push on gear on the post so I reamed it a bit with a tiny screwdriver until it went on about like the old plastic gear. Now I have original look waterproof servo. Metal Gear set is 2064X. Currently out of stock at Traxxas but dealers have them. Give it a try.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MattHamby View Post
    Has anyone tried the Traxxas 2065X?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I just got one of these after my stock one crapped out. So far so good. I love how its a direct replacement and waterproof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12