RC poster

Converting Temp/Volt Sensor

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and haven't posted anything because there are SO many answers here (great advice & help throughout).
    Ok, here's what I've got.
    I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the Traxxas temp & volt sensor #6521 into actually tracking two separate temps (motor & VXL) and no voltage? I'm trying to save a couple bucks without buying the telemetry expander and I'm out of spots (but I do have an extra #6521 temp/volt sensor). Wondering if I could simply splice the wire coming off the 6521 for the voltage onto the additional temp sensor and figure out which wire from 6521 is sending current to the temp sensor to be spliced with the additional temp sensor.
    I may not be making any sense at all but in my head, my theory tells me it could work. I don't need the voltage sensor because Im running lipos with LV detection on.

My current setup: (just bought it this Christmas)
    Traxxas Stampede 4X4 VXL w/ ID
    VXL-3 and Velineon 3500
    2ch TQi transmitter w/ BT
    Receiver is the 5ch w/ 2 telemetry slots
    iPhone Traxxas Link App
    Current telemetry: RPM sensor and the above mentioned temp and voltage (which is currently working great)

Any help, thoughts or simple "that'll never work", are appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Jason

I could be wrong but I think the receiver sensors can only be RPM, Voltage and Temp without the possibility to change any one input to another type.
    Last edited by Panamon Creel; 02-16-2015 at 11:57 AM.