Super Glue Professional Liquid!

As many of you know, I always talk about Super Glue Professional Liquid. This stuff is amazing! I glue tires on the rims, fixed cracks in the bodies. One big thing that I have fixed on my Slash 4x4 LCG Ultimate Edition is the chassis! The last time I broke my chassis I used the Super Glue to put it back together! It is still holding strong! I have aquired a new chassis but I want to try and dye it black. This chassis has been working great for awhile so I am in no hurry

Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

How long will the glued stuff last when you bash. Or generally it is better then some other super glue.
    Looks like you did a great fix, I like to dye all my chassi, have done three so far, the wd pede (two times) and the slash 4x4, todat I am doing one of my erebe chassis.

I think it makes it stronger too besides having an esthetique effect; quite happy with all the results.
    Live life to the fullest

It has been a little more than a month and it is still holding strong! This is the strongest Super Glue I have ever used. I haven't changed my driving style at all and it is still holding strong

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's the kind I use too.

Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    That's the kind I use too.
    When I first saw the glue, I thought putting professional on the bottle might be for marketing purposes. After using it, it is the best glue I have ever used. I use it for everything! I even mend clothing with it and it holds as well as a stitch.

RC Competitor
    I'm sold, I'll pick up a bottle after seeing that kinda endorsement, that's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by traxxmaxxoregon View Post
    I'm sold, I'll pick up a bottle after seeing that kinda endorsement, that's pretty cool
    It's too bad I can not collect royalties! It is really worth your time to keep a bottle in your tool box.

RC Qualifier
    Any Canadians out there know firsthand if this is available in Canadian stores? I've never seen it in CanTire or Walmart, and the other stores I don't go to very much...

Thx in advance!

RC Enthusiast
    It is good stuff, if you want to get your moneys worth buy from LHS and ask for ca glue. keep it cool and out of light and it will last a good 6 months before going bad. The thing with ca glue is how fresh it is. you can get it from water thin to thick as gravy from your LHS. True super glue is just ca glue and I can not pronounce what ca stands for. They do have special formulas that can be used on foam and my newest and favorite is the rubber toughened ca glue out from ZAP is the best and easiest to glue the rims and tires together. It can flex just a little bit and I have notice that the tire tears less now at the bead where it is glued.
    For a side note to anyone using ca glue, a good dose of hand lotion on your hands before using makes cleaning any you might get on you off very easy. Peels rite off with little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bn2o View Post
    It is good stuff, if you want to get your moneys worth buy from LHS and ask for ca glue. keep it cool and out of light and it will last a good 6 months before going bad. The thing with ca glue is how fresh it is. you can get it from water thin to thick as gravy from your LHS. True super glue is just ca glue and I can not pronounce what ca stands for. They do have special formulas that can be used on foam and my newest and favorite is the rubber toughened ca glue out from ZAP is the best and easiest to glue the rims and tires together. It can flex just a little bit and I have notice that the tire tears less now at the bead where it is glued.
    For a side note to anyone using ca glue, a good dose of hand lotion on your hands before using makes cleaning any you might get on you off very easy. Peels rite off with little effort.
    That's nice and all but this is one specific brand that I know from continued use works great all the time. This takes all the guess work out of what you are going to get and if you will like it or not.

RC Qualifier
    Wow!!! That's amazing!! I'm going to pick some up.
    You are obviously using it properly by cleaning the two mating parts correctly. Top notch.
    I use Loctite everyday at work and I love it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    It's too bad I can not collect royalties!
    New business card...

El Sob.
    Official spokesman for Super Glue Professional
    ET-3S/2400 and Bandito tires

I tell you what though, El Sob is ALWAYS spot on with his recommendations.

New business card...

El Sob.

Can't forget about aluminium wheels, Mip X-Duty axles and King Headz motor mount. I think those are the main items I get on my soap box for lol

RC Champion
    New business card...

El Sob.

Yes he is. I owe El Sob alot for all the help he has given me. A true friend I have never met.
    just a basher

Thank you for all of your kind words. I am just very pleased that I am able to help people out. In this world what do we truly have but the ability to touch each others lives in small ways. I just hope I am effecting everyone in a positive way.

Sorry to blow your bubble a bit there Don El Sob but there is very little difference in shear strength between the "standard" Loctite super glue and the Pro version however their TDS will give more detailed breakdown on bond strength and cure times for the pro version. Use toughened CA glues like Loctite 380 if you want a truly stronger cyano acrylate based adhesive but those are colored black so glue lines will be more apparent, they have a higher viscosity and generally require a longer fixture time.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    Sorry to blow your bubble a bit there Don El Sob but there is very little difference in shear strength between the "standard" Loctite super glue and the Pro version however their TDS will give more detailed breakdown on bond strength and cure times for the pro version. Use toughened CA glues like Loctite 380 if you want a truly stronger cyano acrylate based adhesive but those are colored black so glue lines will be more apparent, they have a higher viscosity and generally require a longer fixture time.
    You have and could never be able to do such a thing. I have tried many different brands and types of Super Glue. This Professional liquid has continually been what works the best for me. I am sharing my experience with other forum members.

RC Qualifier
    I am sharing my experience with other forum members.
    I for one appreciate it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And so do I.

RC Racer
    Thank you for all of your kind words. I am just very pleased that I am able to help people out. In this world what do we truly have but the ability to touch each others lives in small ways. I just hope I am effecting everyone in a positive way.
    You, Sir (and others) are EXACTLY the reason I like this forum, and truly define what it is all about. A genuine class act!

I had seen the Loctite Pro glue at the hardware store and wondered if it was any better than the regular Loctite CA glue. To use it on a chassis and it last for over a month already, I am sold. To the rest of you who also recommend the other CA glues out there, I also hope to try them out and see what they can do.

Thank you!

John

Appreciated or not, stronger or not, it is also my CA glue of choice.
    I use it mostly for tires, and I find no need for glues with rubber, titanium, or diamond additives.
    The LT SG PL is decently inexpensive, easy to find, has an acceptable size and shape tip and works very well.
    What more could I want?

FWIW, Zap glues also get very good reviews, but I can't get them at Home Depot.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Well I accidentally gave my chassis more of a test than I intended to. I my haste to get out of the way of a car, I ran into a curb at at least twenty miles per hour! I took the body off and expected to have to put the truck back together. I was WRONG! Didn't even crack the glue! I have to wait even longer to use my newly died chassis.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In my haste to get out of the way of a car
    It always seems like a car won't go down my street for hours and then as soon as I get my Slash out there, it turns into Interstate 75. I swear they wait around the corner and say "Ohh, that guy is running his R/C car again. Let's drive up and down his street." LOL

It always seems like a car won't go down my street for hours and then as soon as I get my Slash out there, it turns into Interstate 75. I swear they wait around the corner and say "Ohh, that guy is running his R/C car again. Let's drive up and down his street." LOL
    Man! I completely agree with your statement. Sometimes you can, see tumble weed going down a street. Dust three inches thick. I put my truck, on the ground and it turns into interstate I-80 lol

RC Champion
    I'd like to dig up the dead thread here, I recently purchased this to glue some more belted trenchers, it goes on incredibly well and comes off easy with a heat gun. No issues with bond strength either.

The white film that comes when the glue dries comes off pretty easy with some alcohol as well. (I'm not professional enough to not get a ton on the rims.)
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 08-27-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    I'd like to dig up the dead thread here, I recently purchased this to glue some more belted trenchers, it goes on incredibly well and comes off easy with a heat gun. No issues with bond strength either.

The white film that comes when the glue dries comes off pretty easy with some alcohol as well. (I'm not professional enough to not get a ton on the rims.)
    You used Super Glue Professional Liquid on those tires? They look good! You sure won't have to worry about them coming loose from the wheels! I still swear by the glue, I use it for all kinds of things

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    El Sob, if you recommend this and Matts recommend this, it outta be good !
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's not a problem for me, they can't catch my rc.... if they tried, and a cop saw it, they would go to jail for wreckless driving.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    That's not a problem for me, they can't catch my rc.... if they tried, and a cop saw it, they would go to jail for wreckless driving.....
    Funny that you say that! Some Saturday mornings I drag race the cars up and down the street. It is a lot of fun and the look on people's faces when they realize what just shot past them lol

RC Racer
    Where can you buy this glue of wonders?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by S0MEON3CRAZY View Post
    Where can you buy this glue of wonders?
    just about anywhere

Home Depot, Walmart, KMart, Safeway, Lucky, Longs, CVS, Rite-Aid, Lowe's

It is still the only glue that I will use! I have glued things together that seem crazy! I will probably use this glue for a long time to come

RC Racer
    It is still the only glue that I will use! I have glued things together that seem crazy! I will probably use this glue for a long time to come
    I hate to see the day for you when they decide to discontinue it.

I like epoxy for anything structural

RC Racer
    Does it dry clear?

Yes it does dry clear. It doesn't dry white. Sometimes it doesn't dry shiny but it is clear.